Chapter 0: Prologue
11 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In this bleak world, depression resides in every soul, from infants to the elderly. Although they may try to hide it, even the best and most sophisticated of our kind still have worried. Within this civilization there is Akira Hajime, a 16-year-old teenager who becomes overwhelmed by the pressures of this world pushes him to the point of no return.

"Isn't he the one that killed his mom?"

"Yea, I heard he has anger issues"

"Maybe we should stay away..."

These comments although they may not seem too harsh all had a lasting effect on Akira, and this is what lead to his demise...

After his death, he mysteriously woke up in a new world, in this world new species and mysteries are waiting to be uncovered. Everyone in this world has magical powers but only certain people can harness and control these abilities, they are known as Raiders (レイダー).

There are mysterious structures know as towers that are overrun with demons and creatures that normal people could never fathom, these towers (タワー) are dungeons in disguise, that if left unchecked could have the potential to destroy whole nations. The first door that was ever created had enough power to destroy the world but luckily it was suppressed in time by the government and is now under close surveillance to stop a worldwide calamity from ever occurring.

Not many people know about what happened because of the government's secrecy. Ever since then these tower-like dungeons have been appearing around the world with no one seeing an end to them. The only people who have the power to combat the towers are called raiders.

Raiders (レイダー) are extraordinary humans who have a power which is called awakened, it varies depending on the class which the raider is given. These abilities can be powerful but in the wrong hands, they can have the potential to cause a devastating crisis across the world. When you become a raider, you are given the appointed title and you are permitted to enter the towers. The main protagonist Akira is unwilling to accept his appointed position but is on the path to becoming one of the greatest Raiders known in existence.

The first people to ever set foot in one of these towers feared it as if it was hell itself:

"What is this place?!"

"Each floor is harder than the last!"

"How many floors are there?!"

"Wait are those - DEMONS?!?"

People's powers are usually awakened by the age of 16, these people are prompted to attend a special school to improve and increase the limits of their abilities. Akira, who now attends this school, is completely unaware of why he's been reincarnated into this world or even what his powers are. Well just for now at least.

This is no ordinary world, you could end up dead or even succeed in what you were trying to achieve. This is what it all comes down to, it's about life or death without knowing what might become of you...

2