Chapter 3 – Cloud Realm Warrior
98 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why didn't Solomon just get a job like a normal person? Why did he have to be such a cyber-jerk to fund his VR hobbies?

The answer was simple - he didn't want a normal job.

The "normal" jobs like waiters and item stockers were boring. They were monotonous tasks that paid little.

Rather than forcing himself through boring tasks, Solomon decided to expand his VR collection with the VR games he already had. That way he could spend his time earning money in the VR world rather than in reality. It would also prove to be an exciting job that would almost never get repetitive.

"Heh heh! Solomon, you are so clever!"

"Of course I am! I am Sky Master Solomon, after all!"

Over the time he spent in VR plus his innate introversion, Solomon developed the tendency to talk to himself. He was aware that it was a very embarrassing habit, but habits are hard to break. Fortunately for Solomon, he at least had the self control to stop himself in front of other people.

"Well, I guess its time to sell the items!"

"I don't think so. I think I'll be taking those for free."

Solomon's eyes widened. He had trouble talking to himself, but he could definitely tell that the second voice did not belong to him. He immediately spun on his heels to face the intruder.

Standing at the room entrance was a young man dressed in a white rob. Long black hair fell to his back.

"Wh-who are you?!"

Solomon wasn't able to detect this youth's arrival. His restrictions didn't even notify him! Solomon was confident in his restriction skills and he had used many top grade treasures to defend his lair. How did this person enter unscathed?

"For someone so arrogant, you sure are easy to fluster! I am Master Soul Cloud. Is there anyone who doesn't know my name?!"

Solomon's face paled as multiple thoughts raced through his head.

Master Soul Cloud! He was the one of the top warriors in the game! He was in the Cloud Realm!

In Immortals of the Skies, there were four known Realms that determined one's strength.

They were the Mortal Realm, Earth Realm, Cloud Realm, and Sky Realm!

Master Soul Cloud had already reached the Cloud Realm while Solomon was still only at the peak of the Earth Realm.

The differences between realms was humongous. A person could never hope to beat someone one realm above them-self!

No! Wait, Solomon. You are at the peak of Earth Realm, and this is your lair. You've set down multiple restrictions in this room and although he looks fine, he's probably been weakened on his way here! You have a chance to win! The rewards shall be great!

"You must have worked hard to enter my lair! Too bad you worked so hard just to die! Seals, strike the intruder!"

Suddenly, crimson red chains smashed through the walls of the room and shot toward Master Soul Cloud.

"Hmmph!"

Master Soul Cloud sneered as he drew a katana from his spatial bag. In the next instant, Master Soul Cloud cut at the crimson chains. 

Before they could even reach him, all of the chains had fallen to the ground.

"You'll die a dog's death for that!" Master Soul Cloud yelled.

With those words, Master Soul Cloud leapt toward Solomon.

"Eeeeek!"

Solomon jumped to the side and barely avoided Soul Cloud's blade.

"Restrictions, don't hold back! Kill him!"

More chains burst from the ground and tangled Soul Cloud's legs. As soon as they touched his legs, the smell of burning flesh permeated the air.

"GAH! You think some hot chains will be enough to stop m-?!"

Master Soul Cloud was about to cut off the chains when the walls on his sides rushed towards each other and crushed him.

After watching the powerful Master Soul Cloud crushed by his restrictions, Solomon let out a sigh of relief.

"Hooo~ I guess the Cloud Realm isn't all that great? Well... just to be sure...."

Solomon used his spiritual energy to call the seals throughout his lair. In a few breaths, thousands of crimson chains encircled him.

"If anyone comes out of the rubble, kill him!"

With that, Solomon hurried to leave.

"I don't want to take any chances staying here.... I guess it's time for me to move..."

1