Chapter 7 – Switching it Up
59 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Solomon left school at three and got back home thirty minutes after.

After getting inside, he headed towards his room where he then plopped onto his bed.

Solomon lay on the soft mattress, rethinking the events at lunch. He immediately cringed as he remembered the embarrassing scene Zachary displayed in front of their classmates.

"Why am I friends with such a weirdo?! Now everyone thinks I'm just as weird as him! Now they won't be my friends! Since they won't be my friends, I'll be stuck with that weirdo even longer! Then the cycle will just continue until we're old men!"

Solomon could see it now. Two old men with no friends. One balding with a pasty white beer belly that plopped to the floor, making him look like spoiled cheese. The other was a bag of bones regretting ever becoming acquainted with the other.

"I can't end up like that... I definitely won't! I'll make a bunch of friends in the future!"

Solomon solemnly sweared to himself that he wouldn't allow himself to get in such situations.

Solomon decided that he needed to clear his head, and that there was no better way than to head into the world of VR.


Solomon put on his VR equipment and was soon floating around the empty Hub World.

He opened his messages and just as he suspected, Saber King Matthew had messaged him.

User 10052: Ha! Fool, you shouldn't have warned me that my account wasn't private. After you slipped out the words "duck face", I instantly knew that I had to fix my settings! Now you can't see my account! If I were you, I would have blackmailed me or something, but now you can't access my profile! Now you can't see my posts! MUAHAAHAHAH! You're so dumb! I'll pay you back a thousand times for this humiliation!!!!!!!

This is just what Solomon needed after such an embarrassing day.

He promptly cracked his virtual knuckles before sending a message back.

HumbleHut: Stupid, why do you think you're safe from blackmail now? How do you know I don't have any screenshots of your account? If were you, I would watch how I address me!

Solomon stared at his last sentence. Was that proper grammar? Who cares! This was an internet rant. No one cares about grammar in rant posts!

Solomon didn't actually save screenshots of the rage grandpa's account.

What would he want barf material for? He could barely look at the geezer's duck face, much less the other cringe-worthy trends.

After messaging the "hip" grandpa, Solomon opened up a program other than Immortals of the Skies.

There wasn't much for him to do in the game since he was waiting for Zachary and Joey to help him sell his items. He didn't feel like grinding for even more items and he felt burnt out just thinking of his destroyed lair.

He needed something more casual.

He opened FaceMask a chat program that would send the user into a random chatroom.

There, one would be able to rant anonymously in real time with people they probably wouldn't see again.

It was a perfect place for degenerates like himself.

Solomon was transported into a dark void as he waited to connect.

While he was waiting, he took a look at his avatar.

It was an upright, silverback gorilla in a black tuxedo.

Solomon found his looks amusing. It had been a while since he had last used FaceMask and he had completely forgotten how he looked.

FaceMask had been one of the first programs created in VR and was one of the first programs Solomon tried when he was given his VR equipment.

After practicing a few poses, a bright flash covered his body and he was transported into what looked like a log cabin.

"This is nostalgic" Solomon thought.

Solomon took in the once familiar layout as he searched for the other accounts in the server.

Solomon flicked at the air with his fingers and opened the list of users online.

There was only one other user other than himself. It was titled "LittleRedBird."

"I guess it has been a while... FaceMask hasn't updated in a year now, so I guess it isn't a surprise that its empty like this..."

Solomon debated whether or not he should just use a different program to vent today, but finally decided against it.

"The catharsis won't feel as good if I delay too much. Finding a suitable program will take a while..."

Solomon made his way around the cabin.

After thirty minutes or so, Solomon had yet to find LittleRedBird. He was about to give up his hopes of venting when his eyes suddenly brightened.

"Oh right! There was that one place..."

Solomon moved up to the attic and checked the window.

Outside he could see the snowy display of an endless forest with grand mountains in the distance. A full moon hung over everything as if it were watching over the world.

Solomon took a moment to appreciate the scene before opening the small window.

He remembered that on the cabin map, a person wasn't limited to just the cabin. A person could climb up to the roof to enjoy the cool breeze of the winter night wind.

Solomon moved his arms through the window and then his head. Soon after that, he began to climb through the opened window.

As he was half way through, Solomon realized he could move on no longer. He was stuck.

Solomon's gorilla avatar was too big to fit!

"Why did I make such a huge character?! Me of the past, why did you care about being big a muscular so much? Why couldn't you just make a small mouse that could go anywhere!"

Solomon cursed his past self for having such a childish desire to look big and strong.

He lay halfway through the window before making a violent struggle to push himself through. Rather than moving back inside the cabin, Solomon was going to force his way out. He already started and he was too stubborn to turn back.

Thud!

Thud!

Thud!

Solomon had repeatedly rammed his lower half against the wall, trying to squeeze through.

After taking a minute long break, Solomon was about to perform another round of squeezing when he suddenly felt an impact at the back of his head.

Thud!

0