Chapter-1
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xavier Corporation, ruling over the pharmaceutical industry, is one of leading companies of Z nation. It has gained foothold on real estate, agriculture and spread its small but firm branches on almost every industry in the nation. This corporation was founded by the old and aristocratic Xavier Clan which existed since the foundation of Z nation.

Present time:

At the Xavier Corporation, the current CEO Alaric Xavier is going through his hectic work schedule as usual. At the age of 34 this heir of the Xavier family has shown his skills as a great leader and brought the company to new heights. In spite of his fame of changing girls like changing clothes, he is regarded as a golden bachelor and an attraction to many. They are all hawking on the most prestigious Mrs. Xavier position and attempting to gain his interest. Oh the poor women had to be disappointed every time!

Alaric is a busy man wishing he could have forty eight hours instead of twenty four hours a day. To appoint a meeting with him one may need to wait for 3-5 months before it can fit into his schedule. Lately he has been feeling rather annoyed at the clinginess of the women surrounding him, so the past few years most of his time has been invested in his work and thus finding less time with other affairs.

Alaric POV:

"Sir, a young man has requested for a meeting with you," the secretary said through the intercom. I feel annoyed at the sudden disturbance, frankly I don't have the leisure time to entertain any unexpected guests. As I am about to scold the secretary he continued, " Sir apparently this boy is referred by Lawyer Kim and specifically requested to be grant an appointment with you." 
Well now that's interesting. That old loyal dog of grandpa actually requested something and that too from me. Uncle Kim has been in company ever since my grandpa took over and is a well relied trusted personality in the Xavier family.

Making quick decision to quench my curiosity I order, "Fine. Send him in."

Two minutes later I heard the knock and look up to see a young boy maybe around 14-15 years old enter the room. What shocked me wasn't his age but

Fucking hell... He looks exactly like me!

He has the same freaking green emerald looking eyes as the Xaviers. Emerald colored eyes are an unique feature of our family for centuries. But that's not all, his facial features are 60-70% similar to mine! Only difference is his face looks little gentle, having a peaceful aura while I tend to look more sharp and fierce with menacing aura. The most attracting is those bright eyes of his, shinning brightly as if hiding a great mischief underneath them while his gentle smile creates dimples giving a warm and welcoming look making you feel like being basked in the warm sunlight.

" Hello Mr. Xavier, pleased to meet you. I'm Asher."

After calming my initial surprise I am wondering if this young fella is scheming to become my heir. Hey is this one of those typical cliché parts where a sudden bastard comes to demand his share in rich households? 
But wait a minute, this can't be right. Even if he's my "supposed son" my child shouldn't be this big, right? I mean com'on he looks like he's already in high school and probably a new young adult! I'm still in my prime age, my son can't be this big already, huh! How much of a scum will I be if I impregnated someone in my teens, when I wasn't even an adult myself! shit... no way!

Then by chance did dad cheat on mom? He looks so similar to me, could he be an illegitimate son of dad?

While I was having my inner thoughts, the young fella infront of me stood patiently with his warm smile, without interrupting me or saying anything, just waiting and looking at me. I cleared my voice and said with an intimidating aura, 
"Well Asher, please state your purpose for the sudden appointment. As you can see I'm a busy man, I don't have time for any nonsense."

Instead of being intimidated his smile gets brighter, "Thank you for sparing your time Mr. Xavier, I have always been interested in meeting you, you are my business idol." 
His eyes got sparkly saying, " Old gramps Kim is my neighbor, I made a bet with him that if I won he had to help me meet my long anticipated idol." Then he said grinning, "So as you can see right in front of you, I won and he had to fulfill his promise."

Okay but what does that have to do with me? I didn't make any promises. Anyway I guess I have to give face to Mr.Kim and honour his request considering his contributions to our family. But something isn't right.

Huh..... that's all he has to say? Just a business idol? No other purposes?

Is he kidding with me? He expects me to believe that? Saying he went through all the troubles just for this? Does this fella take me for a fool?

Very well young man, if that's how you want to play, bring it on I'll show how it's really done.

_

Surprisingly I did have a pleasant time with the boy named Asher. Initially I wanted to scare him away but as I interacted with him I got amazed by his knowledge and interpersonal skills. We talked about from business to international market, sports, literature. What amazed me was he could actually keep up my pace. Not only had he done that, he did it quite excellently I must say!

Such a young boy how could he have such an active mind! He never failed to surprise me with every topic I throw at him. I tried to throw him off guard by talking about topics which were vastly different and sometimes contradictory to the previous topic. But even so he was able to keep up.

I had a game of chess with him. (A little secret... it was quite a challenging match for me, though I won't admit that aloud because that will hurt my pride). After a long time I felt my blood plumping with thrill and excitement. Guess I got a little carried away and played for a long time. Thus  unintentionally I ended up enjoying my time with Asher. Almost 3 hours have passed since Asher came to my office.

"Thank you for your time Mr. Xavier. If we ever have the chance to meet again, next time I won't lose the chess match." said Asher with a bright smile. But I can see the determination to win in his eyes. He hates to lose, doesn't he? hehe I'm the same. "I won't lose either" I replied to him, "We will see. Good-bye." Asher leaves bidding farewell. 
I shift my gaze and look at the full wall window glass, gazing at the sky.

He's an interesting boy.

Even if wants to challenge me, I guess I won't be reluctant. Maybe somewhere in my heart I'm looking a lil forward to it.

0