Chapter-5
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day Adira finally understood the meaning of her parents' weird looks from the day before when she found herself standing in front of Xavier's house of the main branch.

Adira could not believe what was happening around her. Her parents asked the audience of Mr. and Mrs. Xavier saying the matter was of outmost importance involving their bloodline and their only son.

The servants led them inside a glamorous looking mansion and into the living room where they came face to face with the stern arrogant looking middle-aged woman, supposedly Mrs. Beatrice Xavier and a beautiful young lady sitting by her side.

Mrs. Xavier's previous jolly mood instantly disappeared seeing the three unknown faces. Just by looking at their dresses, she could tell these people were from low class. She frowned seeing the poor lot at her house.

"What's happening here?" a perplexed Mrs. Xavier asked the servant and frowned.

Dovino mother took the chance to introduce herself, 

"Mrs. Xavier you don't know us. I'm Lilith Dovino and this is my husband Robert Dovi.."

"Who let these beggars inside?"

Mrs. Xavier cut her speech and remanded fiercely at the servant beside them.

Then she looked at the other servants one by one in the living room, displeased at them for not doing their jobs properly.

Mrs. Dovino flinched at the angry shout and felt utterly humiliated. But thinking about the problem at hand and how they could fly off to new heights if the Xaviers cooperated, she swallowed the insult and said,

"We are here regarding a very important issue about your son. It's about his and your family's future."

Beatrice Xavier arched an eyebrow at the mention of her son.

"Madam Xavier, you see your son and my daughter have affections for each. My daughter is carrying your son's heir, his bloodline."

Even though Adira made a rough guess about her parent's intention of bringing her here, but she still got flabbergasted hearing her mother. What affections? What carrying the 'heir'? When did they fall in love? Her mother was simply making assumptions on her own! She was making it sound like they were in some sort of relationship and she's carrying her lover's child.

As expected Mrs. Xavier's face darkened hearing this. 

"What utter rubbish! Absolutely outrageous defamation of my son!"

"Mrs. Xavier it's true..."

"How dare you garbage people spout nonsense in front of me?"

"Please ask your son if you don't believe us.."

"You bunch of low class people how would you even have the privilege of seeing my son? Don't you dare slander my child!"

"Mrs Xavier ple-please.."

The study room door opened and two man – one of them was a middle aged man and the other one was a teenage boy who came walking towards to the living room. These two men were Arnold Xavier and his only son Alaric. Arnold's phone rang and he went to talk about office matters, while Alaric made his way towards his mother.

The moment Alaric entered the room Adira flinched and took a step back. It was a reflex action. The sight of those green eyes was like something engraved into her, making it unable for her to forget. But those eyes looked puzzled with a hint of disdain as he looked at them.

"Mom, are you picking new servants? These three lots don't even look qualified at all," said Alaric as he gave a side peck to his mom and sat down.

Beatrice Xavier's fury calmed down at the sight of her beloved son. Looking from Alaric to Adira, she took in her son's irresponsive attitude towards the three people in front of them. She smirked to herself and deliberately said,

"Alaric dear, do you know this girl?"

Feeling puzzled, he looked at the frail girl standing behind a middle aged couple. If one didn't look carefully he/she wouldn't notice the girl. She didn't seem to have any sense of presence, almost blending in with the background like a wallflower. 

Alaric Xavier had countless number of girls clinging around him. When did he ever have the time to notice them? Moreover, the girl in front of him looked like a complete doormat. She stood their meekly, looking like she didn't want to be there but lacked the courage to speak her mind. What a wimp! There's no way he would know such a weakling.

"No mom, this is my first time seeing her."

Mrs. Xavier sneered at the Dovinos. Even the young girl sitting beside let out a relief breathe she was holding at Alaric's casual reply. 

Adira was stunned that Alaric did not recognize her at all. She hadn't expected to receive any attention from the Xaviers. But the fact that he completely forgot about her existence still came as a shock to her. Even though she already felt inferior before at home, it was only at this moment did she realize just how insignificant she was! She wasn't worth remembering. 

The Dovino couple looked devastated at the turn of events. They threw blaming looks toward Adira.

Alaric had no idea how much his casual reply impacted others. He focused his attention on his mom to inform her about his upcoming plans.

"Mom, I am going on a road trip with my gang. It may take a week or two for us to return."

"Sure honey, go and enjoy yourselves."

Arnold Xavier finished his phone call and entered the living room to hear his son going out to waste away his time again. He sighed. As much as he wished for his son to become a bit more productive or responsible, he was helpless in doing so.

His son had been pampered and spoilt since birth by everyone around him. He knew that if he tried to make Alaric do something, it would be counter- productive for him. His stubborn son would definitely rebel against him and do the exact opposite of his wishes. Thus, even though he felt helpless, he let Alaric do whatever he wanted.

As Arnold took a seat in the living room, Alaric happily left for his road trip after bidding his parents goodbye.

Silence fell in the living room, while the Dovinos stood there like convicts waited to be judged.

0