Chapter 3: The Extra
174 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room I got summoned to was exactly like how I imagined it to be. With highly detailed white walls coupled with elegant gold patterns, it immediately brought the word 'royalty' to mind. Moreover, the room contained a highly intricate magic circle painted on the ground in a strange substance. 

“What? Where am I?” a boy around the same age as me with blonde hair cried out in confusion.

“I know you may be confused, great hero, but please come and meet the King for an explanation!” the mage from a certain franchise requested.

A girl with brown bobbed hair, demanded an answer, “Summoned hero? What the heck is going on?” 

I glanced at the boy and noticed his clothes were completely fine, “Did you have to go through an introduction?” I asked.

“Introduction? I was just walking home and then-” he stopped speaking the moment he saw my condition.

Compared to him, I seemed like I had just visited hell and returned alive. My blazer had patches of blood, sweat, dirt, dust and other various things. As for the rest of my body, it wasn’t any better. With disheveled hair, small cuts and abrasions throughout, my muscles ached from the built-up fatigue.

“Get this boy cleaned up before he presents himself to his majesty.” the old mage instructed.

The large doors which were previously shut flew open and people dressed as priests entered. The instant walked in, they immediately began chanting incantations and not long after, pure white energy enveloped my body, healing the wounds and washing the fatigue away.

The mage then cast something which appeared to be a cleaning and mending spell as all the filth dispersed throughout my body, dissolved to nothing and the torn parts of clothing sewed themselves back together.

“Woah…” I murmured in amazement.

If there is one thing I like about this world, it would be magic. Life back on Earth would be much more comfortable with it. Let’s say you spilled a drink, instead of manually cleaning it up you could just use a spell to manipulate the liquid. 

“Let’s get going.” the old mage gestured at us to move.

We navigated our way through the majestic halls of the palace. As we went through each corridor, paintings and other decorations distributed all over only further added to my astonishment.

“I don’t like this.” a girl with glasses bluntly stated.

“Just deal with it,” the blonde haired boy dismissed her, “I’d rather not be executed for being disrespectful.” 

Moments later, we arrived at the entrance to the throne room where the king and his nobles were waiting. 

“When you enter, do not look up at the king and kneel like this once you get close enough.” the mage proceeded to demonstrate how to kneel properly.

“Good luck.” he nodded.

The doors to the throne room then slowly opened revealing a great chamber. My eyes widened at the sight of it as a large chandelier hung from the ceiling brightly lighting the room. I held my breath and stepped onto the red carpet with the other summoned ‘heroes’. Whispers from nobles judging every minor detail went in one ear and out the other as we made our way to the throne. 

“I present the summoned heroes, your majesty.” 

“Weren’t there meant to be only three?”

“Well about that…” 

We stopped in front of the throne as the king and his advisor were whispering to each other. Immediately kneeling, we waited to be told to rise. 

“Rise.” the king commanded.

Our heads shot up and immediately sensed the pressure of his gaze, the gaze of a true ruler. His eyes sharply observed each and every move we made—nothing failed to escape it. Just how could just being looked at by someone make me feel like a boulder was crushing me? 

“I am King Andarion, what are your names?” his voice commanded.

I gave a false name in response, “I am Mike Hunt,”

The boy with blonde hair glanced at me with a dumbfounded expression and then spoke, “I am John Doe.” 

“My name is Mary Sue,” the girl with brown bobbed hair gracefully answered

Then finally, the short girl with glasses gave her name, “I am Rachel Harbour.” 

It was obvious the three of us gave fraudulent names but, I suspect Rachel gave her actual one. Who knows what they could do to us in this world if they had our real names. From tracking magic to enslavement magic, we weren't willing to take the risk. Of course, this could be me just acting over paranoid—however, after experiencing the burning city, I concluded that being paranoid was a sound idea.

“What classes do you have?” Andarion again commanded.

I then responded, “Your majesty, we are unsure as to what classes are.” 

“Just imagine the word status and you will see it.” his advisor butted in. 

We did exactly as he advised, I closed my eyes, imagined the word ‘status’ and the blue window that I despised appeared before me

[Status Window] 

[Name: Lucas Harrison]

[Aliases: Noble Brat, Mike Hunt]

[Age/Sex: 14/M]

[Class: None]

[Mana Points: 1]

[Mana Recovery: 0.2/h]

: 2]

No class as expected but, what the hell does the delta symbol mean and why do I have two of them?

As thoughts and theories were racing through my mind John spoke up, “Hero level one.” 

Rachel bluntly replied shortly after, “Saint level one.” 

Then Mary, “Sage level one.” 

Andarion shifted his eyes over to me, “And yours?” 

“I don’t have one.”

“Well as the prophecy states, only three people would obtain the unique classes anyway.” 

Andarion waved his hand and his advisor stepped forward, “Let me explain why you were summoned.”

“According to an ancient prophecy, after two thousand years a great evil capable of destroying the world would be awakened and only the three summoned could stop it hence why you are here.” 

I raised my hand, “I have a question.” 

“Speak.” 

“If only three heroes are needed to defeat the ‘great evil’ then why am I here?” 

“You are an unknown variable, nobody actually knows why an extra person got summoned so you can just leave if you really want to.” 

“If that's the case then I would like to request some compensation, your majesty.”

“How impudent!” a noble called out.

“Let him speak freely.” Andarion’s expression hardened.

“Technically speaking, you guys kidnapped me from my old world and brought me here. Now I’m stuck here with nothing but the clothes I’m wearing.” 

“You people cannot honestly expect me to survive like this?” 

“Very well, prepare him some money so that he may leave without bothering us.” Andarion ordered.

“You heroes can leave, and enjoy some of the food we prepared for you.” Andarion stared at me, “As for you, your compensation will be delivered to your room by one of my servants.” 

We bowed respectfully and turned around to leave when suddenly, a man came bursting through the door, “YOUR MAJESTY I HAVE TERRIBLE NEWS!” 

Everyone focused their eyes on the man who dared to interrupt the king, “What is it?” the advisor growled. 

“VALE HAS FALLEN! AN ARMY SUSPECTED TO BE FROM OLENEAR SUDDENLY INVADED AND MASSACRED PEOPLE BY THE THOUSANDS!”

The temperature in the room turned to ice at the sudden news and everyone except me gasped, “WHAT?” the king shouted.

Vale must be the place I was originally summoned to.

“WHAT ABOUT THE TELEPORTATION CIRCLE?” he furrowed his brows and clenched his fists.

The man shrunk in front of Andarion’s rage, “Fortunately our troops we’re able to evacuate some citizens and destroy the circle before it was captured.” 

The voices of the nobles broke out into a heated discussion, “How dare they break the peace treaty we signed two years ago?” 

“Didn’t the last war massively cripple their army?”

“Only a lower kingdom like them would do this.” 

“SILENCE.” Andarion roared, muting them in an instant, “Someone escort the heroes out and get my son over here this instant.” 

The advisor sprinted out of the throne room to find Andarion’s son.

“Now get going.” 

“Yes, your majesty.” we bowed and exited.

6