20. Opportunities.
548 7 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Edit: Should i even write something here?

 

“What are you?! Damn low life!”

 

“Non of yar business!” as a fox girl was arguing with the soldiers she actually just blindly rushed into them. No matter how I think about it it’s just suicide but...it was a massacre instead.

 

“Wazzap with ya? Kidnappina girls good but fights no?”

 

“Damn it! What is it with her? Surround her quickly!”

 

As I was astonished by what I’m seeing I also tried to peek into her status. But for some reason [Appraisal] showed me the status of someone else in this mess no matter how I try. It’s as if it purposely ignored a girl's existence as a fact! But as nothing goes well today my peeking actually alerted some of the soldiers.

 

“Hey! Don’t we have a hostage here? Take her as a cover!”

 

“Good idea!”

 

No no no! This is not a good idea!

 

But I still was tied up and as I tried to get up pain in my stomach stroke again. I dropped on my knees while looking at the guys running closer to me, but the same second one's head flew somewhere, leaving only the body.

 

“Wha…?” and as the second one was too slow to react his chest was pierced through the armor with a...sheath? As he dropped down there was another demi girl standing with a katana in sheath in her hands. She looked around to see that no one else was trying to come here and then asked me with a worried look.

 

“Hey, are you alright? Wait a bit I’ll untie you.”

 

“Wait, don’t you need to help your friend?” At least I got that she is with the fox girl so I asked her that.

 

“Uuh...no. Probably not.”

 

She said so but is it really? And I again glanced at where the fox girl should be.

 

“C’mback here coward!”

 

“Noooo! I don’t wanna die!!”

 

 

She was chasing the already lone survivor leisurely…

 

The hell? I see a disgusting bloody picture in front of me with tons of dead bodies and one white...or should I say already red fox girl chasing a half dead guy happily. Is she mocking my whole situation here? And is she holding someone’s heart in her hands?

 

No no no.

 

I closed my eyes and lowered my head while shaking it.

 

That is probably my imagination. Yes, just my imagination. I’ll just sit here and wait till another girl untie me.

 

She is...surely taking her time.

 

“Umm...is everything okay?” I asked her.

 

“Ah? Oh yes yes. Just these military knots are rather tight.”

 

“Won't it be easier to just cut it with the knife?”

 

“Oh yeah it sure would….bloody...uuugh!!” She was answering while struggling.

 

Is she okay? I’m starting to question my sanity. Or the sanity of my saviors.

 

After some time I was finally untied and was able to give my hands some rest from the ropes. Near the same moment a fox girl also seems to finish as she walks towards us while chewing on something. Yes, let's not think about it. It’s already hard to look at her as there was no place on her that was not covered in blood. It makes me feel slightly nauseous.

 

“Yo, seems yar done!” she laughed.

 

But her partner seems silent. I looked at another girl to see her trembling a bit. Is she…

“Why the bloody hell you always jump right into the mess god damn?!”

 

...yes. She is angry.

 

“Wha? What i did wrong dis time? Dey attaced first and stuff…”

“I pretty much saw you killing someone before being attacked though?”

“Uuh...well, it turned out well isnt it? There was a girl to be saved and she is saved. Arent ya saved?” She asked while looking at me.

 

“Uum….” I was trying to come up with words but…

“Stop bringing other people every time...god damn every time…*sigh*”

 

As they seemed to calm down a bit I finally found some strength to get up. And so I gave them a slight bow.

 

“Thank you for saving me. My name is Saya Welverose. And you are?”

 

“Oh, we’re just some passing by adventurers. My name is Francesca and this is Yuki.”

 

So it seems that the fox girl’s name is Yuki while the other one is Francesca. And adventurers, aren’t they? As I looked I indeed saw adventurer’s dog tags on their necks. The rank…’B’? Isn’t it even better what I was hoping to find in the guild? I should grab this...opportunity…

 

As I was excited my nausea kicked off and I almost fell down, but Francesca caught me and helped to sit down.

 

“Calm down, calm down. Still...why did you end up in this situation?” she asked me with a worried face.

 

And so I talked to them a bit about what happened. As I talked about Thorwald I felt incredibly anxious. He...he is definitely dead but I wanted to at least retrieve his body. Francesca said that she will look on the road to see if these soldiers just left him here.

 

“Should I go too?” the fox girl asked.

“And what will you do? Just walk around and be useless? Just wait here and protect Saya-san.”

“Uuh...well...okay i guess.”

 

So Francesca swiftly ran off in the direction of the road. I was resting on the ground and the fox girl, Yuki, was...looting the corpses.

 

I had nothing but complicated feelings about this. As a matter of facts everything that happened today is a complete mess. Still I’m thinking about how to turn it into my favor at least a bit. After thinking a bit I just decided to reset mentally as well as I watched this Yuki girl happily searching for something on the corpses while singing a song.

 

“Na na na...Scavenger, have ya heard, sifting through yar trash while am gonna make it last well…”

 

...

 

What a strange girl.

 

To be honest most of my confusion is coming from her. She is...dangerous. At least it looks like that. Just the way she fought is too bloody. She is barehanded but at the same time strong enough to turn each and every soldier into a bloody mess as well as she was washing herself in this blood. She is still covered in blood from head to toe but doesn't show any kind of discomfort. More like she is at ease as it’s a good occasion. Honestly, if I’d meet her in normal circumstances I’d most likely just scream and run away as far as I can. But at the same time the way she talks, reacts or acts while not fighting shows that she is just a big child. Being happy and expressive is a good thing. So she is dangerous but at the same time she is not.

 

But she attacked soldiers without hesitation despite being an adventurer. Same with her friend so at least I’m sure that they're both adventurers from the other side.

 

A bit later Francesca returned. According to her there were some traces of my carriage as well as some blood marks. But they just stopped in the middle of a road. It seems that someone from the soldiers(most likely the leader Roland) has the storage skill where he stored the carriage as well as Thorwald’s corpse to cover their tracks. And...it is impossible to take out something from a dead person's storage.

 

There is nothing I can do but to give silent prayers to the pile of soldier’s corpses. Sorry, Thorwald, looks like I can't give you a proper funeral. And thank you for all the years of your hard work.

 

“Damn it!” Francesca suddenly exclaimed.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

 

“Goddess’ Tears. Seems like this squad was big enough.”

 

“Whoddess’ what?” Yuki suddenly wondered. Wait, she doesn’t know?

 

“You!...Whatever, you’ll be probably fine. Welverose-san, was it?” Francesca turned to me.

 

“Y-yes?”

 

“You said that you live nearby. Can you give me the direction?”

 

“Oh sure. Just go left along the road and you’ll be here in a few hours of walking. But we will not make it in...waaah!”

 

“Excuse me.” Francesca suddenly took me into a princess carry and I subconsciously grabbed onto her.

 

“What are you doing?!” I couldn’t keep my voice down.

 

“Picking up some bad habits...I guess. Yuki!”

 

“Mm?”

 

“Did you hear the directions?”

 

“Uu...kinda?”

 

“Good.”

 

“W-wait a min….aaah!” I tried to say something but couldn’t as Francesca started running at full speed in the direction of my mansion.

 

What's wrong with these girls? Why do they both act so suddenly? What bad habits? This and tons of other questions were floating my mind as I was holding onto Francesca as hard as I can while closing my eyes trying to endure this strange sensation of being carried at a high speed.

 

But it wasn't for long as not even five minutes passed but we were already near the mansion doors and Francesca released me from her carry.

 

I was standing dumbfounded in front of the doors as they opened and worried Aria was looking at me.

 

“Saya-sama! Are you okay? What happened? Who is this girl? And where is Thorwald?”

she bombarded me with questions. There are too many things to explain and too little time.

 

“Let's talk about it later. For now…” I went into the mansion while pulling still heavily panting Francesca with me. The moment doors were closed a heavy downpour fell to the ground.

 

Goddess’ Tears.

 

“Will your friend be alright?” I asked Francesca worriedly.

 

“*pant* Ahh...don’t worry. She'll probably think of it as some kind of summer shower or something like that.”

“Shower? But it’s a Goddess’...”

“Yeah. She is a special case. Please don’t worry.”

 

Well, she is indeed special but this much? I never heard of anyone besides some church pilgrims who could endure this kind of pain that this rain causes.

 

“Saya-sama...should I prepare the bath?” Aria suddenly asked.

 

Now that I could think calmly both me and Francesca indeed are covered in blood and dirt. Not as much as Yuki was but still.

 

Besides Aria I have only two other maids in my mansion. It’s not big in the first place. I ordered one maid to help Francesca to clean herself and change while another was warned that there might be one more person coming.

 

“In this rain?!”

 

“Yes, in this rain.”

 

I too understand that this is unbelievable.

 

Then Aria helped me to change and clean myself. I wasn't talking for now as I think I’d need to talk to her later when I’ll be calmer. And for now I still have one more thing I need to do.

 

When we were done I returned back to the main hall to see Francesca and Yuki discussing something. Or it looked more like a little quarrel. Are they okay? Well, they were quarreling right after saving me so it could be their normal type of discussion. What surprises me more is that Yuki indeed came despite the rain and there is my maid who should’ve greeted her standing near with a towel and dumbfounded expression. And Yuki seems to be completely dry...how long has it been since she came?

 

“Ahem.” I tried to draw their attention.

 

“Ah!” Francesca was the first to react. “Welverose-san! Thank you for your hospitality.” She thanked me while giving a bow.

 

“No need to thank me, it’s the least I can do to my saviors.”

And now for the main point. This morning was chaotic as hell and I lost my trusted subordinate. But at the same time I got an opportunity I can't miss no matter what.

 

“Let me introduce myself one more time. My name is Saya Welverose and I am living in this distant place for a purpose. I was on my way to the Guild’s main brunch as I was ambushed. Yet again, thank you for saving me. As I can see you’re adventurers. What’s more you’re both demi and both do not hesitate to attack soldiers. So it happens that you’re exactly the type of people I was looking for so let me ask - will you two work for me?”

 

Param pam.

Writing in non-Yuki PoW is hard. Why do i keep dong it?

Anyway I wanted to write about some stuff a bit but so many shit happens so ill write a lot and leave it under spoiler so u can read if ure interested.

Spoiler

Moshi moshi. Milk desu.

So. As always sorry for the delays. This time it was, actually, a pretty funny reason. Here, in Vladivostok, where i live, weather was a bit messed up. To be short we have some little local ice apocalypse and so i was without internet at home for a long time(Im actually still without internet at home) and at work my internet was so slow that it could not even load google docs so i couldnt do shit.

And here i was trying to write umm...a bit more normally. Not sit and write a full chapter in 2-3 hours(like i usually do) but to sit every day and write at least a few paragraphs so in a week or two a chapter would be ready to go. But so it happends that shit happends and i yet again just sat and done the whole thing in a few hours. Its exhausting.

Still at least i guess my grammar is not as bad as usual as i was said it was ok while nobody edited my last 3 chapters(include dis one) at all. My editor is too buisy playing Gayshit Infarct so she has no time to even answer me. Me sad. Also no mind my grammar in dis "authors notes" cuz in here im too lazy to even try and i write my usual way.

Still...does my whatever i write looks ok? Like i see the picture in my head and i try to write it down but i ultimately feel dat my text look a bit too dry. I sure try hard to make it look somehow interesting but as english is not my native at all was pretty much self taught and i no respect it in a slightest i think it turned out to be a dry...uuh...text.

Well anyway i still hope u like it and me try hard. Honestly.

 

Also AYY, i got my first patreon. And lost it. Anyway i got some patron...supporting...stuff from someone maned William Dawson and as this is the only place ma patreon is posted i guess it is someone from here. So thank you William! I guess.

Anyway i made a patreon. It would be better to make a ko-fi but paypal doesnt like me for the past two years and im a bit too lazy to make it love me. As for patreon i still no sure what to do with it or what to add here of should i even try. But still it is here and for now it just a stuff for money begging cuz me just a poor russian moron who wants to beg a lil why not let me beg i wont get anything anyway.
Still if u have any thought of how i could umm...improve it somehow. Add some stuff what stuff to add and so on feel free to advise dis lil whoever i am who try to create stuff.

 

And as for the main point dat i was going to write is that i crave for some interactions.

Like really.

I like you. U read my stuff and u maybe like my stuff and i like my stuff so i like you who like what i like and i wanna talk. About. Stuff. Something.

But i dunno how...what kind of interactions could be done? A discord server? Do you need it? Some Q&A? Am i worth it? Something else? I dunno. And yet again i want to know what could be done. I know the better thing i could do is to write more and YES IM HONESTLY TRYING but still something else also might be not bad so if u feel like it - tell me whacha think.

And yet again thank you for following the development of ya... AHEM. For reading ma stuff. Im trying to do good and its great if id do decent.

Thank you for reading! Peace!

As a fun fact while writing dis at work internet here died yet again so i almost lost all of dis useless text. Heh.

[collapse]

31