17. Getting away with murder.
1.3k 12 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Edit: Satsuki

 

“Uff…”

I woke up with a slight headache while facing the floor. Seems like I drank too much yesterday, but Fran’s promotion was a good reason for that, so safe.

With some extra effort, I finally got up from the floor and headed towards the first floor to grab some water. I guess something like this is already routine for me, but I sure feel that I stopped in this shitty town for too much time. Still building a budget was much harder than I thought. I hoped that there will be some high rank quests with good rewards, but apparently this town’s surroundings are rather peaceful and even some problems with dungeons didn’t change it much. Even that ‘C’ dungeon that was the most problematic turned back to normal after all new monsters were defeated while demon guy didn’t resurrect at all.

Still, I tried a few stuff like testing my {Heart Devourer} skill on random monsters. I definitely can’t understand what kind of experience I should devour while eating hearts, so in the end it turned out to be a contest of which heart tastes the best. Can’t decide for now though.

But at least I can feel that my relationship with Fran turned out pretty good. She is less shy in front of me now and even calling me by name. Well, there was a little influence from me, but I don’t think this really made a lot.

But her fighting style turned out even more bloody than mine. Like sure her current weapon is not in its best condition and I told her to use it as just a blunt weapon, but I didn’t expect it to turn out to first for her to actually do this and second for it to be so effective.

With another random morning thoughts I came to the first floor, took the water the owner gave me without even asking, drank it and went to the streets to get some fresh air. It would be nice to have my breakfast in a random stall at the market, I guess, so I headed towards it.

While walking I again guessed that I became rather popular in this town. Well, not like popular, but infamous would be the better word. In my first few weeks here I was getting a lot of random curious and sometimes disgusted glances. For now most of the people I met on the streets are ignoring me or even trying to look away. Not like I’m gonna be provoked with just a random glance but, well, they mind their business and I mind mine. Still there were some people who told me that a local lord, Harold or something like that, is not happy with me living in his town. Well, if there is a town that dislikes a beastman it would be strange for a local lord to be okay with them living in here.

Not like I care though.

After walking for some time I finally reached the market and picked up a random stall which was selling some meat skewers. Not a healthy food for breakfast, I know. But it’s not an actual morning so who cares! And so I bought some skewers with some tea and found a random bench to leisurely seat and eat.

While I was eating there was some kind of a commotion on a side. Well, not exactly a commotion, but it seems like a lot of people suddenly gathered to greet someone or something like that. Suddenly the crowd parted and a young guy with few guards appeared. Dunno who this guy is, but his guard sure looks different from normal patrolling dudes. More elite or something. The guy itself also looked rather noble with his luxurious clothes combined with some armor parts and some fancy sword on his belt. Well, not like I really care so I continued my meal while facing nothing.

But for some reason that noble-like guy stopped near my bench and faced me.

“Oi, what are you doing here, filthy beast?”

“Foy, fata u difin fere, fify fift?” I mimicked him with my mouth full of meat. Looks like talking while eating is not my strong point, so I just continued to chew my meat while facing the guy.

“Insolence! How dare you to act like this in front of Theodore Malfred, son of this town’s lord Harold Malfred!” shouted one of the guy’s guards and tried to shake me.

Oh, so this blondie is a town’s lord son huh? I see, I see. Well, I feel nothing from the shaking anyway so I’ll try to tolerate it while finishing my breakfast. If you ignore the problem it will eventually go away. I hope so. I really want to hit these guys, but I’m not THAT MUCH dumb, okay? He is noble after all. I don’t really care but I sure will be forced to leave this town afterward or slaughter all the guards and half of citizens. And I’d cause some problems to Fran, I guess. She should be considered my party member by the town people so all my deeds are pretty much her deeds.

“Hah. Your behavior is even worse than what the rumors say.” the blondie suddenly started his speech. “Listen to me, you, beast…”

‘Listen to me’ he said. Why the fuck should I? You are interrupting my breakfast and pushing your shitty speech on me and I must listen to this shit? Nah, I won’t.

And so I continued my meal...while listening to his shit. Not like I can really ignore this loud idiot right in front of me, okay? At least his guards gave up on shaking me. Well, his speech wasn’t useful in any way. Something about me being a nuisance and how he will chase me away by any means necessary.

Good luck, what can I say.

After finishing my meat and tea I stood up to look into blondie’s eyes. He was shaken a bit, but it is not a surprise for me at this point. My eyes shake people a lot, I could say, haha. And so I took up a cigarette to get my aftermeal smoke.

But suddenly some shit happen.

This impatient brat slapped a cigarette out of my mouth.

This impatient me slapped his face out of his head.

A random lump of meat flew away and now I’m facing a faceless body in luxurious clothes. Funny.

“Yu...you!” his guards instantly took their weapons and tried to attack me, so I fastly grabbed their heads and smashed them together, creating a bloody mess inside both of their helmets.

Well...so...yeah. I guess I’ve done it, haven’t I?

Damn.

And here I tried to be a good citizen. Stupid piece of shit noble idiot.

And so, because a lot of people were watching it instantly turned into commotion with girls doing ‘Kyaa!’ and people calling the guards. Looks like the only options I have are to run away or to kill half of the city and I don’t want to kill half of the city. Well, actually I kinda want but not feeling like it, so I just turned around and started to hastily run away. Or not exactly running because I still can’t manage to control my running speed, so fast walk will be a better description. Still not fast enough so random guards quickly caught up.

“Stop right there you criminal scum!” one of the guards was brave enough to actually approach me so I gave him a kick that sent him flying to the other side of the street and break a wall of some random shop. Seems to work for intimidating other guards so they did less effort into approaching me, but still they gathered a lot trying to surround me at least.

God damn what should I do now?

Okay, first I need to get Fran. She woke up earlier than me so she should be somewhere near the Guild. As for escaping, I got an ultimately stupid idea, but nothing better comes to my mind so I guess I’d just try it out.

But right near the corner I finally got surrounded. Sigh. Why can’t these idiots just let me go?

“We got her surrounded! Attack her at once!”

Oh, thank you, at least I have no need to chase you, I guess. A few dozens of guards rushed at me and I just simply used my legs to create some tin cans out of them. They got pretty thick plate armor so no bloody shower for me this time, but it was still enough. Street was full of random people running away and crying while witnessing the scene, some dying moans from somehow survived cans and other guards trying not to throw up.

Damn why all of you need to be such a hassle.

“I'll fucking kill ya all and half of dis shit-town if ya keep chasing me, got it?” I tried to be as calm as I can while giving them my angry remark and then fastly went to the direction of Guild.
I still being chased and the street was all the commotion but I didn’t care because I finally saw Fran.

She didn't seem to have noticed anything at all and being in her thoughts somehow so I just grabbed her into a princess carry after approaching.
“Hey, Fran, I was searching for ya! Wat direction s demon stuff again?” At least I was going to demon lands so I asked her that. She seemed surprised as hell but still somehow pointed a direction.

“Okay. Hold on tight cuz I gonna try to fly, haha.” And here comes my stupid idea!
I put almost all my strengths into my legs and jumped both as high and far as I could in the pointed direction.
Wait oh shit I kinda overdid it.

“WHAT THE HELL YUKI-I-I-I-I-I?!”

Don’t cry to my ear! I’m as surprised as you!

I was hoping to at least jump over the city wall and it would be fun to call it flying but I can’t even see a damn Braensburg behind me already and wind too strong and:
“Shut da fuck up, Fran goddamit!”

She keeps crying out loud while my head was full of thoughts of how the fuck I should land!
After almost a few minutes that seemed hella long we finally started to approach land. Fortunately, it was a plain field, because I’m not sure if we’d be able to land in the middle of a forest.
“Hold on tight!” I shouted loud while preparing myself to land.

And just when my legs meet the solid soil I heard a lot of cracking sounds while feeling a hell of a pain in my legs.
“Fuuck!” What a hell of a pain aargh! I still tried to rise Fran a bit before letting her go to somehow soften her impact and then my face meets the soil and I started to roll over from all the pain.
“Fucking *cough* *cough* fuck damn *cough* piece of *cough* fucking *cough* *cough* shit!” I was swearing as hard as I can while coughing from all the dust that raised after my landing. My regeneration was good enough to heal me but there was still a lot of pain in my body.

After all the dust lied down I was also lying down trying to calm myself. Then I hastily got up to see Fran. She rolled some distance from me so I somehow got up and approached her to see that she was unconscious but alive. Her limbs weren’t screwed into random directions so I guess my little effort to soft her impact was effective.

Damn that was shitty as hell. But I guess I finally left that shithole of a city, so not that bad? I drank a health potion just in case and prepared a few for Fran while I sat near her to wait for her to wake up. At least I can finally have my morning smoke.

 

Resurrection!
Well yeah, I'm sorry. Remember me saying dat ill do one chapter week? If for some reason u no forgot it dan forget it, haha. Turned out its not a good idea to push myself and got exhausted from all da shit and dan die for half a year. I'm sorry yet again.

But anyway I'm kinda back and ill do stuff better but release schedule will be nonexistent and ill just post what i've done when i done.

On a good note, I finally got an editor! Let's say a big grand thank you to Satsuki and I hope dat my stuff will be more readable as a result.

Peace!

49