Arc 1 – Chapter 1: This Is My Life
1.1k 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Chapter 1: This Is My Life


Name: Chikao Fukui

Pathway: Wheel of Fortune - Low Sequence 9: Monster

Acting Process: 43%

Abilities: [Danger Intuition - Rank: Low] and [Precognition - Rank: Low]


Chikao let out a sigh, for his second life. This is his progress and a weird gaming interface, that doesn't even show much, not even stats. Making Chikao wonder if there were too many people that became a Gamer like the one in the Webtoon: The Gamer or something. While he has something like a bad, downgrade version of it. No [Gamer's Body]. No [Gamer's Mind]. Hell, he can't even create his own abilities.

Just the [Danger Intuition] and [Precognition] is what given him at default, with this pathway seem like a class in Chikao's opinion. The acting process took him years before reaching 43%. Well, actually, it's more because Chikao didn't even know what the acting process even meant for and just thought it was another term for EXP, where he need to do quests, kill, or something to gain EXP.

Boy was he wrong. It's literally what it meant. Acting.

Chikao felt stupid, that the answer he was trying to find out all these years was literally right there. He has to act before a group of people in a way that people would treat him as a monster. In other words, he had to act in a way, that others would see him as a monster. Something just too easy at this point for Chikao. But, at least he not being like those cruel monsters that take in pleasure in others' suffering. Well, he tries to at least.

This just causes him to have slow progress due to him making sure not to act too much of a monster, that later on, he won't be acting and truly become a real monster. Something Chikao can't allow and he got this gut feeling, no idea if it's the [Danger Intuition], that becoming a real monster would lead to a path worse than death.

Nevertheless, Chikao is still curious to find out what would happen when he reached 100%. Maybe he would be able to stop acting like a monster in front of others' eyes.

Closing down the interface with a thought, then begin getting up from his bed and get ready for the day.

At the very least, Chikao got some kind of golden finger in his second life. Though, Chikao does wish to he could have remembered how he died and what kind of person he was since all he got was few memories, including certain knowledge that kinda useless in the real world; well, the former real world since he is now in a fictional world. Seeing how his golden finger would haven't been this weird gaming interface if it wasn't a fictional world or something. In fact, he might not have much of a golden finger other than possessing a fragment of his past life's memories.

Chikao finished his quick shower and put on his clothes. Then, look in the mirror to check if everything is fine

Wavey short brown hair, red eyes. A black ring attaches to the right ear. Brown dressed pants, with a black belt. Brown tie to match the pants. A white dress shirt. Then to finish it off a brown dress shoe.

"Looking good." Chikao smirk, then grab his suitcase filled with his things for work from the table used for both works, study, and even eating when he in a short time.

Closing the door behind him, then lock it with the key before putting it in his right pocket before walking away from the apartment he has been living alone for years now. It's time for Chikao to start off his day hunting down some actual real monsters.


An hour later*

Chikao let out a sigh as he enters an area filled with abandoned warehouses. Where he meets up with his partner in his job.

"What took you so long, dip shit?!" A young man with short white hair and red eyes. Dressed in clerical clothing and has a disturbing smile on his face. This is Freed Sellzenn. A recurring antagonist in Highschool DxD. A Stray Exorcist who first allied with the Fallen Angels in Raynare's plot to steal Asia's [Sacred Gears].

"There is a thing call breakfast, shit stain!" Chikao snarl at Freed, for he knew what the type of person Freed is, but he is someone Chikao can somewhat trust a bit to be able to fight against Stray Devils without possessing a [Sacred Gear].

Unlike canon; Freed hasn't technically joined Raynare and her fellow group of Fallen Angels. But, still insane and nearly killed Chikao multiple times if it wasn't for having [Danger Intuition] and [Precognition]. Nevertheless, thanks to Freed. Chikao is armed with the [Exorcist Gun], which he keeps inside his suitcase when not in use. Sadly, Chikao discovered that his body doesn't contain even the bare minimum of [Light Element] to wield a [Light Sword]. Something that used by Human Exorcists to combat supernatural creatures, specifically those who are dark and impure, similar to the Angels' [Light Weapons]. The [Light Sword] compensates for those unable to use true [Holy Swords]. Yet, Chikao can't even use these and have to rely solely on the [Exorcist Gun].

"Well, did you get anything for me?! Do I have to cut ya to get it?! HA?!" Freed smirk with an edge of murderous intention. Before catching a small bag, which he opens up to see a plastic-wrapped convenience store rice ball. "Only one?" Freed looks at Chikao with a frown on his face.

"You do realize we are low on cash, right? I'm barely paying my rent and getting bullets don't come cheap." Chikao scowl, that he is having trouble paying rent while also buying bullets for his [Exorcist Gun]. Honestly, he thought the gun itself would generate its own bullets from using the [Light Element] or [Mana] inside the wielder's body, but nope. Requires bullets, be it normal ones or the [Light Bullets] meant against the creature of darkness.

Luckily, Freed is still considered a Priest; therefore, he can bless bullets to make them into [Light Bullets]. Seriously, Chikao can't understand how this bastard could bless thing, but Chikao just guesses it's due to Freed possessing a good amount of [Light Element] to make it work. Making Chikao only have to buy bullets instead of [Light Bullets] from any shady people from the Church that's willing to sell them, but for overpricing due to it being [Light Bullets] and not something ordinary could be obtained.

Freed is a bastard, but at least the guy is willing to bless the bullets for free whenever he felt like it. When he doesn't, then Chikao just have to bribe him with something to do it.

"I still don't know why you making us do this. We could have been rich by now just killing all those sinners!" Freed throws the empty plastic bag along with the plastic-wraps to the ground without caring for littering. Then, begin eating the rice ball his partner in business brought for him. Didn't even take him a minute to finish the entire thing. "Would have been easy by looting the place too."

"Because that would be bad for business. Hell, look me in the eyes and say that you would be able to use all those loots you have obtained from killing those so-called sinners and be able to freely enter stores without having people calling the polices on you." Chikao glare at Freed for bringing this up again, then again, what would he expect.

This is Freed from Highschool DxD. A psychopath and a battle maniac, who preferred violence over logic, spoke in a vulgar manner, and somewhat insane. Killing monsters and Devils just for the sake of his own pleasure, and also had no qualms about murdering humans.

However, the Freed that Chikao knows up to now is more on a lesser side of the canon version of Freed. He still a violent, crazy Stray Priest. However, he wasn't exactly the same as canon. Chikao figure it's due to Freed still haven't joined Raynare's group. Something Chikao wonders if it's due to his influence in meeting Freed first before he met Raynare and head into Kuoh Town.

Something Chikao will have to go to sooner or later, but not now. Since he still isn't ready for the plot to start and luckily for Chikao. It still some time before the plot of Highschool DxD begins.

"Like I give a fuck." Freed grumble to Chikao, but didn't dare look directly at Chikao's eyes, because he knew that he would be forced to join those crows if he hadn't met Chikao to help him out while he was kinda on the run from the Church. Who knew, that some random guy would help him out because he can bless some bullets. Okay, Freed can see why someone would, even he would if he was in Chikao's shoes. Who wouldn't love to have the ability to bless ordinary things like bullets, then use them against monsters and Devils? Hell, that's one of the main things, Freed did his absolute best to learn how to bless things, so he got the gears to kill shitty monsters and Devils!

"So, did you manage to find us some clients or did you just went up and find some random sinners or whatever, again?" Chikao hopes that it's the former than the latter, because if it's the latter, then this will be the 10th times this week.

"Of course, I have found clients for us! Why do you think I won't?! You're calling me stupid or something, huh?!" Freed pull out his gun to shoot this fucker down, but once again, to his annoyance. Chikao easily disarm him before he even could aim with the damned gun! "I hate how you can do this so easy now compare to the first few times we met" Freed grit his teeth with rage, for having such a weird, fucking person as his partner, who easily more talent than him in combat.

"It's either get good or die." Chikao said dryly, for he lost how many counts of the time Freed continue to threaten him, even a few rare cases of Freed literally fired at him. Pissing Chikao off big time during those moments. Leading to both Chikao and Freed to fight until one of them dies at each other hand; however, unlike Chikao who is self-taught and fully relies on [Danger Intuition] and [Precognition]. Freed had trained to fight beings above the human's capabilities without a [Sacred Gear] and/or a [Holy Sword]; well, any type of mythology weapons in general.

Either way, Chikao knew his shortcomings; therefore, train himself to the bone at a young age to have better reflex, stamina, and awareness. Mainly these three aspects become his core to always be prepared for many things. Since he can't even gain new abilities, but Chikao is happy to know he can still technically still practice and train like others, improving oneself at a slow rate, but still some improvement than nothing at all. Now, Chikao is somewhat decent against others in close range, but he still hasn't reached the point he could easily shoot multiple times with 100% accuracy on a high-speed moving target.

"Ha!" Freed's rage disappears instantly upon hearing what Chikao just said. "That's exactly why I stick around with a weakling like you, come on! There are sinners and Devils for us to kill!" Freed's mood became good and happy to do some killing again since the last time he did, which was yesterday.

"Yeah. Yeah." Chikao grunts, not happy to be called a weakling, even if it's true compared to other characters he knows in canon. Hell, even Rias, who is pretty much weak compared to other powerful beings would easily kill him with the [Power of Destruction]. Something Chikao still hasn't figured out how to block at all. Let alone Rias' older brother, who is much more experience and stronger in using the [Power of Destruction]. "So, what are we facing this time?"

Chikao place down his suitcase, to take out the gun holster holding the [Exorcist Gun], which he attached to his right waist for easy access, and a shoulder holster, which holds a small box of [Light Bullets] for emergency usage. The remaining things inside the suitcase are five bottles of [Holy Water] blessed by the Mad Priest himself. Along with more boxes of [Light Bullets] in case he needs more ammo when he uses up his emergency [Light Bullets].

After putting on everything ready for combat. Chikao closes the suitcase and picks it up with his left hand, then look at Freed that he is ready.

Freed leads Chikao into one of the warehouses that's a bit deeper into the center area.

"From what I've heard. There is a group of sinners trying to summon a Devil to grant their wishes." Freed snort with amusement, that there are still foolish sinners doing the old traditional method to summon a Devil. "I swear these sinners get dumber and dumber every time we find one after the other."

"They do realize, that most of the average Devils use flyers now, right?"

At first, Chikao thought the whole passing out flyers was something only Rias and her group, along with Sona's, did while the other Devils do something else. Turn out, it not just Rias, but everyone else too. With a few rare cases of Devils only accepting the traditional method aka sacrifice to gain the attention of a Devil.

"Like I said. They get dumber and dumber." Freed knew what Chikao is thinking right now, and he agrees! These sinners must be purge and send to hell, where they deserve to be at!

"I guess. Same plan? You go in and I snipe any that run off or those that want to attack you from your blind spots?" Chikao draws out his gun from the holster with his free hand. As they are getting closer and closer to the warehouse, where he can now hear the sound of someone chanting in some unknown language, that's very familiar to the ones he has heard more than once in the past.

"You got that right!" Freed pull out his [Light Sword] and [Exorcist Gun], with the former in his left hand and latter in his right hand. "Die, sinners! HAHAHAHA!" Freed kick the doors down, with strength beyond what the average humans possess, launching the doors straight towards a group of males and females dressed in those black robes mainly used by cults or people working with [Dark Magic] or something similar.

Freed didn't care for his safety as he rushes in shooting down any sinners that fall under his line of fire while swinging his [Light Sword] at any nearby sinners, spilling blood everywhere as he cut down one and shooting down one from afar. All this done has caused the sinners to run around in a panic while some even begged for mercy.

Chikao watches this with a blank expression as he allows the people running toward the only entrance out of this warehouse, which is where he is standing at. Chikao took aim and with cold eyes, begin to shoot down these people down without any mercy.

A monster is a wicked person, who lacks remorse. Looking at other indifference without caring for one's life or death.

He made sure they are within 10 meters, for that his current range without missing. Any further and Chikao will leave it to his luck in landing any hits. Something Chikao can be proud of since it wasn't that long when he starts practicing using this [Exorcist Gun].

Shooting down, each with precise aim, with one bullet per head. Before Chikao have to reload, which he easily did in seconds by dropping the suitcase down to the ground and pulling out the spare [Light Bullets] on his shoulder holster before shooting down the last few runners, leaving him with a few bullets inside the gun.

Chikao acts like it was nothing, for him to kill in cold blood and ignore the cries for help from these people as they are being slaughtered by Freed while those that trying to run off would be killed by himself.

Whenever Chikao has the chance. He would grab the bullets inside the suitcase and refill up the bullet container on his shoulder holster after loading up the [Exorcist Gun] first. Then, resume killing anyone that he sees that's needed to be shot at whenever he thinks Freed wasn't planning on killing next. All done without having to leave his spot, nor does Chikao need to go inside the warehouse since he rather not end up getting hit by Freed while he in his crazy mental state of killing anything he laid his eyes on. It's only thanks to [Danger Intuition] and [Precognition] that Chikao miracle survived that day.

"Amen! Amen! Amen! HAHAHHA! ALL THE SINNERS GOES STRAIGHT TO HELL!" Freed throw his head back, then shouted at the top of his lungs towards the ceiling once he saw all the sinners are dead.

Chikao frown as he made sure not to allow Freed to see him for the next few minutes. He has already got a glimpse of the future, where Freed outright attack him if he had stayed in plain view from the entrance. Therefore, Chikao moves to a nearby broken crate, to prevent Freed from seeing him the moment he comes out.

"OH THE JOY OF KILLING THE SINNERS!" Freed continues to shout from inside the warehouse, not knowing that his partner is once again avoiding him like always.

This is one of the main reasons why Chikao hated how Freed continues to find sinners instead of clients that would pay them to remove any supernatural influences, that's mostly the cases of Stray Devils causing it nearby somewhere.

Chikao curse in his head, that his only option of obtaining any works and blessed objects is from a Mad Priest, who clearly getting to the same level as his canon's craziness and losing his sanity even further than it already is.

17