Arc 1 – Chapter 8: Cheating Is The Best
469 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Chapter 8: Cheating Is The Best

Chikao pinpoints the many common routes in the [Numeromancy] to predict Nyx's movement and quickly use [Longsword of Light] to light up the entire area, preventing any shadow from coming near him. Including his very own shadow, where 70% of the routes lead to Chikao's shadow stabbing him in the back. So, the blinding light has made it impossible for even the shadow of Chikao to make any move against him.

Quickly re-sheathing the katana. Chikao draws out his [Modified Handgun] and runs towards Nyx while passing the handgun over to his left hand. Chikao snaps with his fingers with the right hand, to place down a [Flying Thunder God Magic Circle] behind at the spot where he was at the start of this whole crazy spar against Nyx. Small enough, that Nyx shouldn't be able to see it.

Just right before the light fades. Chikao fired once and a red-coated bullet hurls straight at Nyx, who didn't even bother to move away as the shadow in the area gather in front of her like water and into a shield made out of the shadow the area, that is thick enough that Chikao can't even see Nyx anymore. Furthermore, the enhanced bullet didn't even cause the shadow shield to break, not even causing a ripple.

Chikao didn't care if his first shot didn't do a thing and just spin around to shoot on his right, where he predicts her appearing from the shadow of a tree in the next 4 seconds. Yet, this wasn't a direct attack to Nyx since Chikao already sees in this route and the many similar ones, that all of them to see this shot is useless too, for Nyx just create a ball of shadow that absorbs the bullet and return it right back at Chikao in the next 2 seconds after appearing.

Using the [Flying Thunder God Magic Circle] he prepares ahead of time. He teleports back to where he was before, avoiding being hit by his own attack.

[17th Period Math Time: Me + (100% + (Ki + Control))] = Temporarily gain control 100% of Chikao's own [Ki].

A dark red [Magic Circle] appears on Chikao's back. Then, using the [Bairong Style: Shinsok] to spread out all throughout his entire body evenly. Enhancing his speed and strength. Putting him above what many trained non-supernatural related people using their own body to fight.

Chikao speeds up, to move around the area while placing down multiple dark blue [Magic Circles] to increase his range of using the [Flying Thunder God]. He even went far as placing them in midair too, not caring if Nyx can see them and predict where he might teleport to.

"You have to do better than that, Chikao!" Nyx gives Chikao a big sadist smile. Hurling multiple spears made out of the shadow at high speed. Which Chikao avoided thanks to the [Flying Thunder God] all over the place.

"Got it." Chikao simply gives Nyx a blank stare, for he has not once stopped calculating everything, trying to find the best route to survive this whole ordeal. Yes, he aims for survival. Not winning against Nyx, for the success rate of that happening is below 0.1%. The 0.1% itself is the best he could get and that is the result of losing too many limbs for his comfort. Along with the high chance of this 0.1% route would put Chikao in a very bad situation, where he would be put under Nyx's absolute control once she finished playing with him.

Calculating the risk factor and timing. With the help of [Flawless Action] to push the next set of actions into working with barely any errors that could be ignored.

Chikao begins rapidly teleporting all over the place while firing at Nyx once before teleporting again. Each teleportation with one shot and some teleportation require Chikao to reload quickly, which was easily done with [Flawless Action] to do a quick reload, while using [17th Period Math Time: Magazine x 2] to produce an entirely new fully loaded magazine to be inserted into the [Modified Handgun]. This way, Chikao will have a somewhat infinite amount of ammo to use and don't need to carry around so many ammo around too. Lessing his load of weight to carry around and not affecting his mobility.

"Come now! You could do better!" Nyx shouted, but inside, she is beyond surprised now by how powerful this Magician is and wonder how in the world someone like him went unnoticed this entire time.

If only Nyx that Chikao has only just begun and only been less than a month to get where he is compared to the years he was forced to only work with two abilities given to him. Now, that he possesses four new abilities that bring in many, many new ways to increase his fighting capabilities and in such a short time, that would cause many to come up with random excuses for why someone like Chikao is so powerful and not believe the truth if it was told to them.

"Alright." Chikao took that as his cue, for he took one of the specific routes for his survival and place the [Modified Handgun] back to its holster, then use the [Flying Thunder God Magic Circle] that is the closest to Nyx before running straight at her with his body still enhanced with [Ki], then a white [Magic Circle] reappear on Chikao's back again. As he draws out the katana.

While continuing to place down multiple [Flying Thunder God Magic Circles] as a safety cautious against Nyx, even if 75% are being destroyed by Nyx via shadow wrapping around the [Flying Thunder God Magic Circles] and crush them. Not that it matters to Chikao since he can make infinite of them without a single cost other than splitting his focus to recalculate the formulas of the [Magic Circle] before deploying them into reality.

Chikao flashes with a dark blue light, avoiding being penetrated by multiple shadow spikes, and continue rushing towards Nyx, who didn't bother to move a second time.

"Game over!" Nyx cheer as she pokes Chikao's forehead before he could swing his sword. Right before Chikao could meet her halfway. "No need to continue on, I must say. You are one powerful Magician and an abnormal one at that. I'm pretty sure most Magician would avoid coming in close combat with their foes, not move closer."

"I'm going to take a nap." Chikao destroys all the [Magic Circles] in the area, including one on his back. Then, head back inside the haunted house while putting the [Modified Katana] back into its sheath.

"Oh, don't be like that! I'm complimenting you, not criticizing!" Nyx quickly follows Chikao back inside, trying her best to cheer him up, thinking that she hurt Chikao's feelings.


The next day*

"Are you going to keep ignoring me, Chikao?" Nyx narrow her eyes at the Magician, for she wasted an entire night, pleading for Chikao's forgiveness, something she wouldn't do at all to anyone, but she knew that if she didn't with this human. Then, he might become her enemy in the future, even though she could technically kill him right here and right now, to avoid future trouble, but that is something she won't do. After all, Chikao is one kind of human, that Nyx did her best to see if Chikao has some sort of special family background.

Nothing.

Chikao is the first generation of being a Magician of his own family from what her network told her secretly in the middle of the night. Furthermore, Nyx found out that Chikao didn't even begin showing any signs of being part of the supernatural world until a year ago, to meet a Stray Exorcist from the Biblical Faction. Something strange about that part, because Nyx knew how Stray Exorcists are and to be found by someone not part of the supernatural is pretty suspicious in her eyes. Nyx will have to dig in more into this later.

"I'm not ignoring you, but thinking about something else at the time." Chikao's [Danger Intuition] and [Precognition] triggered, forcing him to quickly start up the [Numeromancy] once again to help him survive while speaking with Nyx, who may or may not kill him outright for disrespecting her so much at this point.

"And you couldn't reply to me, not even a word or two like you usually do?" Nyx folds her arms under her breasts, not believing what Chikao just said.

"Thinking about what other [Magic] I should study in and working on improving the ones I have already studied in." Chikao said with half-truth, with a mix of lies in it. There was barely any studying and just figuring out the right formulas to recreate something from a reference in his previous life's memories. "If you haven't realized it yet. I was also rethinking about how I did against you." Chikao completely lied at this point. There was no need to reflect on how he could have done better. After all, he was literally doing that already, but in reverse with [Numeromancy] by quickly studying his possible outcomes and find the best ones he could take with his present strength.

Chikao weave through a crowd without touching around, practice the use of [Flawless Action] to make it into a subconscious action. For the [Flawless Action] had pretty much remove the concept of muscle memory in Chikao. Only the need to imagine himself doing the act in the mind, then Chikao will be able to perform it without any problem. However, can see the many downsides to the [Flawless Action] that just needs to work on.

One of them is that if he can't imagine it, then it's impossible to do. Second, he can imagine all he wants, but outside influence could affect the process and canceling the [Flawless Action]'s effects somewhat. Therefore, Chikao is practicing on a crowd by trying to briefly imagine many things with [Numeromancy] while discarding the ones that are either useless after of few tries or too specific in the image to make it work, but in reality, anything is possible and making it impossible to work with outside of that specific scene.

"I see, but where are we heading to?" Nyx ignores the look she getting from the mortals while moving around the area.

"Nothing in mind." Chikao replied, not wanting to reveal where exactly they are going. As 80% of the routes of Chikao informing Nyx of the location they're heading had lead to Chikao being forced against his will to go somewhere else by Nyx, and Chikao couldn't really do a thing about. Not even trying to leave Nyx behind via [Flying Thunder God], and head to the location Chikao aims to reach and Nyx would just appear before he could, then take him away. So, Chikao cut those routes off and just randomly, but calculating the number of steps, distance, and timing to make it.

"So, we're just walking around without anything in mind?" Nyx narrow her eyes at Chikao. She can definitely say for sure, that Chikao wasn't speaking the truth and wonder why would he hide about the location they are heading to.

"Pretty much." Chikao took a turn on the right, entering a less busy street with only a few people walking around. Some rare cases of a family walking around together but after the third one. Chikao no longer sees any family and just some random group of people of various ages going on with their business.

"Then, I guess we just enjoying the views of the place before you decide to go back home." Nyx decided not to push Chikao into finding out where he is leading her.

Chikao really lucked out, that using [Numeromancy] around Nyx worked fine and she doesn't seem to be able to detect it. Even better; therefore, Chikao will do his absolute best not to accidentally hit a bad route whenever Nyx is around him. And if things go well as he predicts in this route he is going for. Nyx will be forced to leave him, for a long period of time before meeting again. By then, Chikao should, hopefully, reach the point of fighting Nyx and possibly defeat her in combat. Defeat, not kill. Similar concept, yet different.


2 hours later*

"Did you teleport us to Greece?" Chikao asks Nyx, where they were just walking in the nearby forest of Kuoh Town to back to the haunted house. Pretty much the same path he usually use. However, they came across a Greek-style building, kinda like a temple for one of the Greek Gods, on the way.

"No." Nyx said blankly, as she couldn't believe someone took down the barrier to hide the place, that other people from Greek mythology could stay temporarily when visiting Japan. In fact, Kuoh Town is just among the many locations for many hideouts nearly every other pantheons would use to stay temporarily in secret. An unwritten rule among the higher up in their own pantheon. People like Nyx while below her wouldn't know these hideouts. Therefore, she is beyond pissed, that someone has taken down a barrier, revealing something every powerful being didn't want to reveal to anyone other than their own personal group.

"Well, I'm just going to do the smart thing and just continue heading home." Chikao knew coming here was very risky, but he time it just right, where the barrier around this Greek Temple's barrier that hiding it from being seen by others would collapse at this time due the people inside needed to do some maintenance to the area and the barrier itself. Something only is done every 10 years, which varies in different months and days. Never the same; therefore, around 10 years or over.

"You do that. I'm going to see you later, Chikao. Something important came up." Nyx stares at Chikao coldly, debating in killing him or not, but seeing how he came here by accident and wasn't his fault. Something she has seen personally. Nyx thought about it for a second and decided not to kill him. But just in case, "Also, I must ask you to make an oath, that you'll not reveal this place for safety reason."

"No problem." Chikao replied, not showing any signs of him knowing about this Greek Temple beforehand and wonder if this was a thing back in canon or not.

Nyx slowly nods, then raises her right hand and a pitch-black contract form above her hand, floating in midair and with the letters are in green color and in Japanese. Along with a black pen floating next to it. "Sign this."

Chikao grabs the black pen to sign the contract with his full name, then the contract itself and the pen disappear. As to what was on the contract. All it stated was to never reveal the Greek Temple he has seen just now to anyone without Nyx's permission. Failing to would lead to Chikao's death and his soul would personally be obtained by Nyx herself.

"Good." Nyx didn't even say farewell and enter the Greek Temple without even turning back once to look at Chikao; however, if she had. Nyx would have seen a familiar dark red [Magic Circle] appear on Chikao's forehead before cracks forming on it and slowly fade away, releasing black smoke. These black smoke are the chains that are created by the contract Nyx made and slowly merge into the ground in front of where Chikao stand. This is the result of Chikao removing the effects of the contract placed on him and transfer it to a small spot on the ground, barely noticeable.

Chikao didn't say anything else and disappear in a flash of dark blue light.


A few minutes later*

Back at home; Chikao let out a sigh, that he escaped Nyx's attention for the time being, then quickly bring up his [Flying Thunder God Magic Circle] and made a few changes that he included just to throw Nyx off. Now, whenever he uses this [Magic Circle]. There will be no more flashes of dark blue light whenever he teleports.

This way, he won't have to deal with people being able to detect him the moment he teleports. Furthermore, he has made it so he can change the size of the [Magic Circle] either to hide the markers to teleport at or a bigger size [Magic Circle] to rapidly teleport anywhere within that [Magic Circle].

Once that's done. Chikao begins using the [Numeromancy] as a way to train the [Bairong Style] together with the three [Magic] he recreated based on other series. Something Chikao forgot he could do without any problems thanks to having the [Flawless Action] ability. Where [Numeromancy] will give him the experience he needs and [Flawless Action] to apply those experiences directly to him whenever he needs them. In fact, the only downside to this is having to pay attention to his body's daily needs. Otherwise, he could potentially starve himself to death.

Nonetheless, thanks to this cheat method of improving his fighting capabilities. Chikao won't have to worry about facing someone like Freed and those Fallen Angels along with any other enemies he might have to face. In fact, Chikao won't have to go outside too often nor have to train in the backyard of his home to train. Also, not having to go out of his way to search for Stray Devils too, since they would be included in the [Numeromancy].

Overall, Chikao realized how powerful the [Numeromancy] is and it didn't even need to be used to predict the endless possible futures. It can be used as a powerful training tool, where it gives nearly everything to Chikao without having to personally experience it.

In fact, Chikao facepalm, since he just realized something very important. He can see the formulas he needs to replicate the [Light Element] and even maybe the [Power of Destruction] by using [Numeromancy]. Yup, Chikao feels pretty stupid right about now. [Numeromancy] is literally overpowered together with [Numerical Precision] and [Human Magic] of Highschool DxD.

Chikao can literally see him struggling in other worlds outside of Highschool DxD if it wasn't for [Human Magic], that is a thing in this world.

13