Arc 1 – Chapter 11: Danger Everywhere
433 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Chapter 11: Danger Everywhere

A few hours later*

"I'm so bored." Momoyo groans as she has been stuck in this car for too long, much to her discomfort.

"Want me to attract some ghosts here?" Chikao asks Momoyo coldly, causing the girl to freeze and begin to sweat.

"I'll be quiet." Momoyo still can't do anything to the ghosts, so Chikao's threat about bringing ghosts here is a true threat to her unlike other people, who threaten and can't back it up. Plus, Momoyo remembers how easily Chikao technically took her down without even having to attack her once.

"If you're that bored. Then, mind checking the back for anything we can have for dinner? It's almost time for us to eat." Chikao said to Momoyo, suppressing the urge to smirk. Knowing that in a few minutes, Momoyo would truly envy that she is unable to use [Human Magic].

"Sure. Just letting you know, but I'm a big eater. So if you're planning to feed me as well, then be prepared for when I eat everything. I need all the food I could get or else I'll become weak." Momoyo warns Chikao as she moves back while the car is still moving. Giving Chikao a good look at her butt, which she didn't care one bit. Neither did Chikao, for he is too busy with driving and using [Numeromancy] the entire time as well.

"You got plenty of food here, mainly for all the nutrition for the body, but only last for a couple of days if you're planning to restock in the next stop. If you include me, then this won't last us for a day or two, maybe less than a day if I end up having to fight." Momoyo went through all the boxes, to check on all the foods in stock, along with checking the expiry date too.

"It's fine. I just want you to decide what we can have for dinner. You don't need to find too many. Just pick out the ones you think are the best tasting ones. I'll stop for us to eat soon." Chikao said to Momoyo, who just replied she understood.


30 minutes later*

Momoyo looks at the large pile of food before her and all of them seem like they're freshly made and pack, to be sent off to be sold. If that wasn't enough, she found that Chikao's bullshit [Magic] can make it so, that the expiry date was a thing and anything past its due date can be refreshed back to it when it's good and freshly made.

"How?! Just how?!" Momoyo couldn't believe that the large pile of food is literally just a bunch of the same food, that Chikao duplicated until there is enough to feed herself to full and there will still be leftover.

"I came up with a spell, to make it so I can duplicate things and make it so the state of said thing would go back to its best state in time aka when it's freshly finished being made and being prepared to be packed away." Chikao replied to the shocked Momoyo. "Now, let's eat. And don't mind if we have leftover." Chikao grabs some food to eat while standing.

"Well, if you say so." Momoyo is in shock still, but she is a bit hungry and not going to waste any time waiting.

Chikao took his time and use [17th Period Math Time: Area - Cold] to raise the temperature and making it more bearable for Momoyo and him to stand outside in the middle of the night. Even though there is a campfire that has been made already, but that wasn't enough and require to be closer to it in order to get warmth. Afterward, Chikao switches the main target of [Numeromancy], to anything around the area that will attack them in the middle of their meal.

99% of nothing attacking them, with 1% if Chikao draws the attention of one towards them via [Magic]. So, that's good for Chikao and Momoyo. No need to worry about anything attacking them in the middle of eating their dinner.

"Hey, Chikao. I've been wondering for a bit now." Momoyo finished swallowing her food. "But, where are you heading to? I mean before meeting me?" Momoyo look at Chikao, curious to find out what reason for him to travel along with his car stuffed with his things as if he was moving, but she didn't see many clothes in those boxes. Mainly food, medicine, and water.

"Nowhere in mind. I'm just driving to wherever the wind takes me." Chikao said half-truth, since [Numeromancy] always gives him the info of wherever he heads to. But, he could change it by having Momoyo decide for them and he would sometimes use [Numeromancy] to see if things would be less than 99% of death rate in that route.

"So, you won't mind me picking out where we go next?" Momoyo had an idea where she was planning to head when she decided that it was time for her to leave home, to expand her range outside of Kyoto.

"Go ahead, not like I have any plans to anywhere, to begin with." Chikao waits until Momoyo tells him the location before using the [Numeromancy] to check if the place is going to be okay or not. After all, for Chikao, there is no need to risk his life nor does he needs to. Since his weird system is based on acting. Still weird in Chikao's opinion.

"We should head to Kuoh Town." Momoyo said to Chikao, who look at blankly, causing her to feel like she made a mistake somehow. "What's wrong? Is there something bad at Kuoh Town, that I should know of?"

"You do realize, there are two Devil heiresses of the Gremory Clan and Sitri Clan, right?" Chikao sweatdrop, for he did not expect Momoyo to know about Kuoh Town and wanting to go there.

"I did not." Momoyo looks at Chikao with surprise. "Since when were there Devils in Kuoh Town? The last time I've been to Kuoh Town, there weren't any Devils that I know of." Momoyo couldn't believe that a place she wanted to go would have Devils.

"Why do you even want to go to Kuoh Town in the first place?" Chikao didn't use [Numeromancy], for he is curious to find out it personally from Momoyo's own mouth in the present.

"Well, I've heard some rumors, that there are some powerful Fallen Angels heading there this month and wanted to check if they are still there or not." Momoyo answered. "In fact, I even heard from the local info banker, that a Cadre Fallen Angel is somewhere in Kuoh Town for some reason, but with those two Devil heiresses, I can see why." Momoyo frown then looks at the campfire for a moment. "Do you think we should go to Kuoh Town or not?"

"If your info network is correct on the Cadre Fallen Angel. I have a guess on who." Chikao remembers three volumes in Highschool DxD. The first one is Issei's revived as a Reincarnated Devil and deal with the Fallen Angel that killed him, along with becoming a friend with Asia, who also died and became a Reincarnated Devil under Rias. The second being with Issei helping Rias out in getting out of her arranged marriage, who is Riser Phenex. In which, Chikao made sure to check with [Numeromancy] if it is Riser and not someone else, but it is him. Lastly, there is the stolen Seven Excalibur Swords. With the ending part of having to deal with a Cadre Fallen Angel, Kokabiel.

After that, Chikao has no idea what happened afterward. Once again, Chikao hates how he only got some memories for him to use, not all.

"Who is it?" Momoyo trusts Chikao enough to not lie to her, not to mention, there was no point in lying to her about who the Fallen Angel is.

"Kokabiel." Chikao answer.

"Eh... That weakling?" Momoyo looks at Chikao with disappointment on her face. "I fought with him before in the past. Didn't even take a single punch from me before running away before vowing to take revenge on me."

Chikao stares at Momoyo, then did a quick check with [Numeromancy], only to sweatdrop that Kokabiel was literally killed by Momoyo 99% of the time with a single punch, not even enhanced by [Ki]. Just pure raw physical strength. The 1% is due to Momoyo not showing up in Kuoh Town.

"If it's only Kokabiel, then forget it. No point in us heading to Kuoh Town. Man, I thought I would find a worthy opponent to face after coming out of Kyoto." Momoyo pauses and looks at Chikao with a smile. "Say, Chikao-"

"No."

"But, I didn't even say anything!" Momoyo looks at Chikao with frustration.

"You were going to ask me, to fight you. My answer is still no." Chikao finished eating, not wanting to overeat and watch with the fascination of Momoyo easily taken a couple of bites before finishing the entire food before grabbing another to do the same in seconds. "Honestly, do you do anything other than fighting?"

"Eating." Momoyo replied the first thing that came to mind. "I like having fun in general, whenever I'm not fighting." Momoyo thinks about it more before continuing. "Yeah, that's pretty much it."

Chikao sweatdrop at this, because that's exactly what happens while he is with Momoyo in those many routes of [Numeromancy].

"How about you? What do you like to do? I know that you want to travel around, so I guess you don't like to stick around in one spot for too long." Momoyo said to Chikao, curious to learn more about the man, who easily took her down with [Magic] and still eager to face him without any [Magic] involved.

"I guess... Learning what I can find out about the many things that catch my interest." Chikao would have said, that his desire is to get strong, but Momoyo asked what he likes to do, and getting strong is just that. To get strong. So, that wasn't something he should say and recall what he did while he wasn't training and it mainly finding out things that interest him before. Like wanting to figure out how to gain access to the [Light Element] and even figure out why Nyx was in Kuoh Town, only to drop that right away without any hesitation once he realized anything related to the Greek is bound to be troublesome.

In fact, Chikao even went far as to figure out how to improve himself in using the [Danger Intuition] and [Precognition] better. Then, seek out Freed, even knowing it's very dangerous doing so, but the curiosity got the better of him. Plus, learning how to shoot a gun was also a major factor as well.

"Do I catch your interest?" Momoyo smile as she leans in, to push her chest out more.

"Yup. But, that still won't make me want to fight you." Chikao smirk at Momoyo, who narrowed her eyes at him. "Anyway, you want me to make more, or are you good?" Chikao looks at all the discarded wrappers on the ground and uses [17th Period Math Time] to disappear from existence.

"I'm good." Momoyo replied while continuing to smile. "Also, since you're interested in me, which means you want to learn more about me, right?"

"Yup. But, I am in no hurry." Chikao said to Momoyo, calmly get into his car, with Momoyo got in as well. "Plus, unless you're planning to leave me to do whatever later. By then, I should learn plenty of things about you."

Momoyo snort, "Yeah, right. Like I would leave you for something else. Trust me, even those gods won't be much interest other than fighting them a bit; however, you're much different from them. After all, you're human and someone who defeated me with [Human Magic], where others couldn't. It will be a lot harder to find another person like you in this world."

Chikao really wanted to say the same, because Momoyo wasn't supposed to be in this world, but then again, he wasn't supposed to be in this world either. Therefore, what Momoyo said just now rang true. There won't be another like Chikao at all, especially, not with this weird system.


A few days later*

"You know, I don't think we should stay here." Momoyo looks around the area, where nearly all the buildings are abandoned, where some buildings look like they are about to fall apart with all those holes in the walls and part of the wall has already collapsed on the side. "This looks like a ghost town, where everyone left a long time ago and no one has lived here ever since the last people lived here."

"Maybe." Chikao frown, for there is nothing this place could help him use the [Numeromancy] to find out what has happened to this place and to predict the future of anything would happen here. Too many needed formulas to be included that weren't available for Chikao to use. Making this a bit dangerous for Chikao and wonder if he should risk it and level up, because now that he is outside of the unknown. The [Numeromancy] is becoming more limited, to the point, it can only help Chikao predict the futures related to him in it. "Give me a second."

Chikao decided, that if [Numeromancy] wasn't going to be that much use outside of plots, then better to take his chance with the new abilities he would get from the level up.


Name: Chikao Fukui

Pathway: Wheel of Fortune - Mid Sequence 7: Lucky One

Acting Process: 0%

Abilities: [Danger Intuition - Rank: High], [Precognition - Rank: High], [Numerical Precision - Rank: Peak], [Flawless Action - Rank: Mid], [Numeromancy - Rank: High], [Anti-Divination - Rank: Mid], and [Fortune - Rank: Low]


Chikao blinks a few times, thinking if he was seeing things, but nope. Just one new ability while the rest ranked up, but the [Numeromancy] still wasn't helping much without all the variables included making it work. If that wasn't enough, Chikao found out that [Fortune] is passive and can't do a thing about it. However, what made this alright for Chikao to be happy to have the ability [Fortune].

[Fortune] will make it so Chikao will frequently encounter lucky events in his daily lives, like finding money on the street, having enemies miss shots aimed at him, getting dice rolls as he wishes, and having women he might like to also like him back. However, luck isn't fixed and will fluctuate. At times, Chikao will be especially lucky, and at other times, he will be no different from an ordinary person with their luck. Therefore, [Fortune] isn't something that can be relied upon, and one has to temper one's expectations.

In other words, [Fortune] could go great with [Numeromancy] to find those lucky events quicker than ever. But, he has to find it and compare it to the other routes, even then, some of those lucky events will be outside of his predictions.

"So, what's wrong?" Momoyo asks Chikao while checking everywhere for any sudden ghosts that might appear.

"Uh, nothing... And we're not staying here." Chikao continues to drive them outside this ghost town as now with [Danger Intuition] and [Precognition] at a higher rank. He can see more now and it wasn't pretty, to see a swarm of ghosts appearing at night and surrounding the car, even went far as lifting it up through the large quantity of [Ghost Energy] to touch things physically.

Yeah, not going to stay here for the night.


An hour later*


Name: Chikao Fukui

Pathway: Wheel of Fortune - Mid Sequence 7: Lucky One

Acting Process: 2%

Abilities: [Danger Intuition - Rank: High], [Precognition - Rank: High], [Numerical Precision - Rank: Peak], [Flawless Action - Rank: Mid], [Numeromancy - Rank: High], [Anti-Divination - Rank: Mid], and [Fortune - Rank: Low]


Yup, Chikao picked the right choice, seeing how the acting process raised by 2%. He avoids being killed by those ghosts back in that abandoned town. Though, Chikao kinda hoped that it would be more than 2%, but better than nothing.

"Oh, I am so relieved, that you decided not to stay in that town." Momoyo wipes the cold sweats off her forehead. "Honestly, why had you even driven in that ruined town anyway?"

"I was curious." Chikao didn't say much, other than one of the routes in the predictions of giving him the best chance to gain something good. Well, he got something good alright. A good chance of nearly getting a heart attack if he didn't force himself to level up, then the [Danger Intuition] and [Precognition] screaming at him to get the fuck out of there right away. So yeah, Chikao decided, that maybe relying on [Numeromancy] all the time wasn't the best idea. Because he nearly died to a swarm of ghosts just because he wanted to find out whatever that something is that made him smile at that time.

Just to find out that smile was a false one filled with bitterness. Talk about lucky and reckless of Chikao to level up right there and then. Yup, better stop relying on [Numeromancy] too much since most of the time he would just see his own countless deaths. If he wanted to see his own deaths, then [Danger Intuition] and [Precognition] alone enough for him to see it and needed to avoid it.

"Well, I'm just glad your curiosity has been satisfied, because that place gave me the creep." Momoyo's body shiver at remembering the cold feeling she got in that town, colder than all the time she has experienced the cold temperature.

"You and me both." Chikao has vowed to himself, to trust [Danger Intuition] and [Precognition] more than with [Numeromancy].

13