Arc 1 – Chapter 13: Mixed Results
404 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Chapter 13: Mixed Results

A week later*

"I don't know if we're lucky or not, to not come across anything related to the supernatural world for a week now." Momoyo said to Chikao as they took a break from traveling on the road and now in some random town parked at some decent food stall on the road, that's selling takoyaki. Which they're happy to eat. But, not too much that they become sick of it. "I mean, that's good we're not getting attacked all the time. But, I am a woman of action, you know?"

"I say we're kinda lucky not to be attacked in crowded places." Chikao said to Momoyo while checking his status window.


Name: Chikao Fukui

Pathway: Wheel of Fortune - Mid Sequence 7: Lucky One

Acting Process: 9%

Abilities: [Danger Intuition - Rank: High], [Precognition - Rank: High], [Numerical Precision - Rank: Peak], [Flawless Action - Rank: Mid], [Numeromancy - Rank: High], [Anti-Divination - Rank: Mid], and [Fortune - Rank: Low]


1% per day, 7% total up to now, but Chikao is fine with that. Can't really do much other than maybe going to a casino to gamble to get some lucky games. And even then, Chikao can't find any casino anywhere nearby and secretly. Chikao has no idea where he is driving and kinda lost at this point and Momoyo wasn't much help since this is the first time she out of Kyoto.

Honestly, Chikao kinda wishes he had placed down a [Flying Thunder God Magic Circle] back in Kyoto and they would be back instantly. Hell, Chikao wished he would have kept the ones he placed during his forced death-like sparring match against Nyx. Of course, [Numeromancy] would solve this problem if it wasn't for so many new variables and formulas being included every second at this point, making Chikao getting a headache in a matter of minutes. So, yeah, [Numeromancy] might have an upgrade and all, but his brain sure wasn't up to the task of keeping track of everything, not even if his [Numerical Precision] is at peak rank.

"Point taken." Momoyo agrees to leave innocence out of the supernatural world's battles. "Doesn't change the fact, this is a boring week. And you won't fight me after the last time and only will if you're allowed to use [Magic], which is an instant KO to me. So it's a lose-lose on both sides." Momoyo groans before finishing off her last takoyaki before getting out of the car to order another with the money made by Chikao's homework answering website, which is ringing lots of money each day, once Chikao made a few programs into the website that now answer the customers' homework questions for him and continue to pour money into his online bank account. With enough money to last the two in a lifetime and still have some leftover money.

Chikao thought about anything else he should work on other than maybe come up with other combinations with the [17th Period Math Time Magic] to make things a lot easier for him. Including the newly ranked up [Numerical Precision] made many things easier for him to use [17th Period Math Time Magic]. This includes many other things he couldn't do at the time. Still no [Light Element], sadly enough. But, still enough to do lots of things he could use later on that he couldn't do before.

For example, to place multiple different spells from the [17th Period Math Time Magic] within a short time during combat. Something Chikao had a hard time doing so and have to set up a few spells beforehand before entering the fight. Now, he can adapt and use the [17th Period Math Time Magic] swiftly and changing the spells he had already used to something else. Furthermore, Chikao finally figures out the formula to hide the [Magic Circle] too. Therefore, unless Chikao wanted the [Magic Circle] to visibly appear, then anyone won't be prepared to get hit by the effects of his spells before they could do a thing about it.

In fact, Chikao has already placed down the [Refresh Spell] on his chest just right over his heart. With the conditions of self-casting itself whenever Chikao's mental state goes downhill too fast for normal while also being able to cast it manually whenever Chikao feels like it. No cost at all, for having this [Magic Circle], that's invisible, and leave it there forever. Another is the [100% Ki Control Spell] placed on his forehead, where he has cheated into being able to use his [Ki Reserve] without any problem nor would anyone would find out he using [Magic] to use [Ki] unless he says so. Even Momoyo won't figure it out due to the lack of visible [Magic Circle]. Lastly, is two [Sword God Style Magic Circles] placed on the back of his hands.

Overall, thanks to this little extra feature. Chikao no longer has to worry about being completely defenseless, not that he was with Momoyo around, who seems to have the instinct to sense anything miles away, further if she uses her [Ki] to locate other people with above average in [Ki Reserve].

"Kay, this will be my last one and I'll be good for a few hours before needing to eat again." Momoyo said to Chikao after getting back into the front passage seat."So, are we going to stay in this town or move to the next town? I really don't care either way. It's your choice." Momoyo starting eating her newly purchased takoyaki.

"I think we will leave after checking if there is any market from the supernatural world is in this town or not. I have a few ideas about what I might need just in case, and by that, I mean in case we face some kind of curse that I may not be able to counter or remove." Chikao thought about if he could use [17th Period Math Time] to remove and did a quick check with [Numeromancy] to see if he can and he actually can, making Chikao a bit surprises. "Something on that line."

"And if we don't find one by the end of the day?" Momoyo asks Chikao, knowing that their luck in finding one is pretty low.

"We leave town." Chikao wonders if his [Fortune] ability will kick in or not, to find a market run by people from the supernatural world in this town.


6 hours later*

Chikao let out a sigh, for the [Fortune] ability didn't trigger, and after checking everywhere. Including using [Numeromancy], to see if there any market in this town. Nothing.

Momoyo even went far as checking for the closest people with high [Ki Reserve], but nothing.

Chikao looks at Momoyo, who is sleeping for a second before moving his eyes back on the road. As he drives for the night, making it the 8th night of no actions so far. Which is getting a bit boring for Chikao, and he instantly regrets thinking such things when his [Danger Intuition] triggered, followed by [Precognition] to show exactly why the former triggered in the first place.

"Hey, Momoyo, wake up!" Chikao shouts at Momoyo as he grit his teeth for having to deal with shitty Vampires in this world, for all the memories he got about them. All pure-type Vampires are plain bastards while the hybrid aka Dhampir is decent at best and somewhat better than those pure-type.

Furthermore, Vampires do not get along well with other races and have a strict, pure-blooded aristocracy, and are so arrogant that not even a single family has ever cared about their servants even a tenth of much as the Gremory Clan has cared for their servants. Also, any Vampires with a human in their parentage, whether humans-turned Vampire or are descended from one, are never allowed to become nobles and considered substandard members of the species, assuming they're even considered Vampires in the first place. Even more, they are noted to discriminatory, especially towards Dhampirs, who they as inferior and refuse to recognize them as equal to themselves. Making Chikao dislike the pure-type Vampires in this world, for such doing so when they are the ones that created Dhampirs, to begin with.

No idea if they change in the future, but that doesn't matter now, since they are still bastards.

Looking at the Vampires flying in the sky. All of them physically similar to humans, yet they have beautiful doll-like faces, with a set of shape fangs in their mouths and a pair of red eyes. However, what is a bit disturbing is that there are some of them are different shapes, like 40% of them are fat like fat-fat and Chikao is surprised they could still fly with such weight.

Chikao snaps with his right fingers to trigger his [Human Magic] to activate. A new method for a quick cast of [Magic] whenever one of his hands is free.

[17th Period Math Time: Car + (Anti + Vampires)] = Make the car unable to be touched and affected by anything related to Vampires.

Including the [Anti-Ghost Spell] from before, this car now has two defenses against two different supernatural races.

"Wh-What?!" Momoyo groans out, as she looks at Chikao with a frown before looking at the front, to see a bunch of flying Vampires up in the night sky. "Vampires. Why it got to be Vampires." Momoyo slap her right palm against her forehead in annoyance.

"How should I know? Actually, did we enter a Vampire's territory by accident or something?" Chikao looks out the window on his side and sees nothing but a grassy field. Nothing but grass and this dirt road leading to another town.

"I have no idea. I don't bother to keep track of which territory belongs to who. In the first place, I find it more bothersome to memorize, only to find out later on the previous owner of the territory was wiped out by the new current owner. After the last two, I gave up trying." Momoyo said to Chikao as she glared at the Vampires trying to say something to her, but she can't quite hear them and figure Chikao must have done something to make them mute. Something Momoyo wishes she could do herself since she rather not listen to all the nonsense she tried her best in the past to ignore while she punches their faces in.

"Well, look like our boring travel has to end tonight." Chikao reaches into the back of the car, to grab his [Modified Katana], which no longer has many [Magic Circles] visible on it nor is the [Modified Handgun]. Both modified weapons look just the same as before. Then, grab the magazine that held ordinary bullets, ready to be changed at any moment.

Once Chikao got everything he needs. He got out of the car, with Momoyo doing the same and tab the magazine to duplicate it.

[17th Period Math Time: Bullets + (Anti + Vampires)] = Give the bullets the ability to harm Vampires.

Then, insert the [Anti-Vampire Bullets] into the [Modifed Handgun] ready to kill some Vampires.

"Have you fought Vampires before, Momoyo?" Chikao locks the cars before putting the car key into his right pocket, debating if he should unsheathe the katana or not, but decide not to since he still needs one hand to reload and he still hasn't quite figured out the equations for infinite effects yet. So, Chikao will need his right hand free to reload.

"I have. Some Vampires thought it was a good idea to turn me into one or force themselves onto me in order to give birth to their offspring and even said I should be honored to be chosen by them. The nerve of them." Momoyo snort in disgust at the memory of the event like it was yesterday and now she desires to kill these Vampires, to show how she truly feels about them.

"I see." Chikao frown as the Vampires are not flying down and he can now hear some of them making a mockery of him and leering at Momoyo.

Glancing down at his [Modified Handgun], then place down another spell on it.

[17th Period Math Time: Handgun + (Long + Range)] = Increase the handgun's firing range further than normal.

[17th Period Math Time: Handgun + (Reduce + Recoil)] = Decrease the handgun's recoil when shooting.

[17th Period Math Time: Handgun + (Homing + Effect)] = Attach the ability to cause any projectile fired from the handgun, to follow the target until landing a hit.

[17th Period Math Time: Handgun - (Air + Resistance)] = Attach the ability to cause any projectile fired from the handgun, to have no air resistance.

Adding 4 new spells onto the [Modified Handgun], bringing up a grand total of 7 spells now. Pretty much make this [Modified Handgun] a powerful firearm, that shouldn't be possible for a normal handgun.

Thinking about if he should do the same with the [Modified Katana] or not, but decided not to just yet. No reason to do it now when he can come up with something better later.

"Alright, should we aim to kill them all or we should just push them enough to leave us alone?" Chikao asks Momoyo, getting ready to fire the shot before any of the Vampires could attack first. Plus, the [100% Ki Control Spell] is already set and ready to be used, to give him the boost in speed, for rapid-fire and quick reload.

"Kill them, of course." Momoyo said to Chikao before "[Star Destroyer!]" Momoyo throw her right palm in the direction of the Vampires in the sky and fire off a beam made out of her [Ki], large enough to erase all the Vampires instantly without giving them a chance to attack for once. "There. Problem solved." Momoyo got back inside the car to get some shut-eye.

Chikao blankly stares at the clear night sky and wonder if there was any point in him coming out. Then cancel out the [Anti-Vampire Bullets Spell] since it's no longer needed before getting back inside the car and resume driving to the next town with a blank facial expression during the entire night.


The next day*

"Hey, did you hear?"

"No. What?"

"A small army of Vampires was heading off to take down a local village."

"Isn't that a normal thing?"

"No, listen! The Vampires are gone! Not seen since last night!"

Neither Chikao nor Momoyo said anything as they walk through the market run by Supernatural people. Plus, both of them knew the gossips about those Vampires were the ones that have been killed by Momoyo single-handed.

"So, what are we here to buy?" Momoyo asks Chikao, as she flicks her fingers against some random stranger's hand reaching to touch her butt, breaking them instantly, making those that are watching to look away and those that wanted to try their luck with Momoyo drop those thoughts right away when they saw the destroyed remaining part of the hand that nearly touched Momoyo's butt just a second ago.

"Checking to find some people selling some books on [Magic] to help me out making new spells or maybe give me an idea of maybe of recreating a [Human Magic] version of the [Magic] in mind." Chikao said to Momoyo, help that his [Fortune] ability activate and help him find a hidden market that sells lots of things that can't be sold even in the black market in the mundane world.

"Huh, I guess I should see if I could do the same with [Ki]." Momoyo hasn't really thought able recreated other people's moves in her own version. This would for sure make her travel with Chikao less boring on the road.

"Oh, here is something." Chikao moves over to a stall run by a surprising average looking female and with a body figure that not many would want; well, those that are ugly would gladly want it if it was put to offer. Nonetheless, in Highschool DxD. It's a bit a rare thing for Chikao. "How much for this?" Chikao points at the familiar-looking [Light Bullet]; however, he still can't see the equations that create the [Light Bullet] itself and he can tell it a real one too. Not that it matters since he can use the [Duplication Spell] to recreate more [Light Bullet] on his own. He only needs a single [Light Bullet] and he will have his method of dealing with any dark creatures, including vampires too without having to use [Anti-Vampire Bullets], even if the latter would be more specialized and deal more damage than the [Light Bullet].

"10,000 yen." The average looking female replied in a voice with a hint of smugness.

"Here you go." Chikao hand over the correct amount of bills before taking the [Light Bullet], then look at the stall for anything useful and spot a vial of [Holy Water] and paid for that too. After that, Chikao left. Since there nothing else left to get.

"You do know, that you were ripped off, right?" Momoyo whispers to Chikao as she continues to look for anything that catches her interests. Nothing caught her eyes yet.

"Oh, I know, but I don't think any legit Exorcists or someone who could make this [Light Bullet] and [Holy Water] would hand it over to me, even for money." Chikao put the two items he dying to get his hands on again into his pockets. "So, I have to go for people that will. Plus, unless others. I only need one of each and I'm good." Chikao hint to Momoyo about his [Duplication Spell]. "Now, we just have to see if there anything else worth getting from this market before leaving town."

15