Arc 1 – Chapter 19: Infamous Fame
370 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Chapter 19: Infamous Fame

The next day*

"Chikao, I'm bored~!" Momoyo groans to her boyfriend as she lay on top of Chikao's back, with her arms wrapping around his neck while rubbing her cheek against her boyfriend's.

"And what do you want me to do about it?" Chikao asks back as he rapidly types on his laptop as he trying to rework the coding on his personal website, which has been generating money for him, and so far, there have been many hackers trying to get their hands on the profit the website is making.

"Have sex with me?" Momoyo now has another thing to add to her short list of what she likes to do in her daily life. "Or help me train in the [Root Martial Art of Raging Flame Eruption]?"

"We had sex last night and kept at it until sunrise." Chikao said to Momoyo. "I'll help you train in your martial art later after I finish this." Chikao can see many errors in his programs that just kept on popping up one and another, but with his peak rank [Numerical Precision]. All those errors are fixed with ease and blocking all the hackers that are still trying to bypass the defensive system that Chikao made himself.

"Yeah, but Nyx was there. I want it to be just the two of us." Momoyo glance at the laptop screen then got a headache just from looking at all the coding alone.

"As long I'm here, that's not happening." Nyx said from the side as she watches Asia washing her dirty plate with [Holy Water] at the door to the backyard. This is something Nyx finds another thing about the little nun from the other two about Asia's upbringing. To think Asia would clean the dirty plate with [Holy Water] she make out of habit and treat it as nothing of value, where some people would pay a good price for just a vial of [Holy Water]. Yet, here is a former Holy Maiden, who can easily make more [Holy Water] and bless other things without any problem and treating it as an everyday tool. "By the way, Chikao. If you're aiming to get money, why not have the little nun make some [Holy Water] to sell to others, that actually sees how important it."

"It's fine." Chikao would have said something different if he didn't already get his own [Holy Water] before already and now that he has access to the [Light Element], which he found out that it can make [Holy Water] too, yet much more potent than normal from the comparison with the [Holy Water] he made and the one he got from the market. If Chikao was to place it on the level he has in his possession. The purchased is the lowest quality, follow by Asia's [Holy Water] being much better quality and Chikao's [Holy Water] is at the very top. "Besides, who would we even sell it to without ending up causing problems for us later?"

"People who want it, of course." Nyx replied.

Chikao continues to wonder why the fuck did he agree to have Nyx in his life when he has seen multiple times, where she killed him with [Numeromancy] in the past. Chikao continues typing and came to the conclusion of why he somewhat accepts. It's because she could easily still kill him if it wasn't for Momoyo here. And unlike Momoyo, Chikao's body is still on the same level as the average civilian of the mundane world excluding the usage of [Magic]. And all it takes is for Nyx to go completely serious and ignoring the consequences of affecting the area along with numerous deaths due to being near the battle. Then, Nyx would for sure kill him 100%, even with Momoyo is fighting her with everything she got.

Something that Chikao barely saw with [Numeromancy] upon testing both [Light Element] and [Darkness Element] to be included in the predictions. Yikes, that he was lucky enough to agree to have sex with Nyx instead of fighting her with Momoyo's help. Making Chikao relieved, that death route didn't happen. Though, there are a few routes, where he accidentally got killed by Momoyo even due to producing too much heatwave before he could dispel it.

Either way, Chikao may as well have Nyx around, making his survival a bit higher with a Primordial Goddess like Nyx around. After all, Chikao can see many weak points Momoyo possess and among the main one is that she can handle fighting multiple foes by herself, but can't do the same if she needs to protect someone; furthermore, Nyx would most likely attack from a distance and avoid fighting Momoyo in hand-to-hand combat and use many areas of effect type [Magic] too. Something that would take Chikao a couple of seconds to figure out the right equations to use the [Dispel Spell], and by then, Nyx would already have enough to do many things in those couple of seconds.

"Okay, done." Chikao finished his coding and send off a few notifications to all customers, that the website is going to close down tonight due to many hackers has caused too many problems to the website and now it needs to be shut down for an unknown amount of time. But, the chance of the website coming back online is close to zero. Chikao didn't care if the customers would complain or whatever, there is no way he was going to allow those hackers to take his website and the program he placed down to delete everything by tonight while a copy of the website's source codes would be downloaded into his laptop, then disconnect from the internet afterward.

"Great, now can we do something. I don't know, not be stuck inside for the entire day?" Momoyo looks at her boyfriend with a look she would never do something, no matter what, and the look is a puppy eye.

"Alright." Chikao is a bit curious to see what his [Fortune] ability would throw at him today. "What you girls want to do?" Chikao did a quick check with before sighing secretly of disappointing a few routes available for him to see what today could be, but too many of them would be cut off for no reason. Well, other than due to Momoyo's presence that's all, because that is the only reason he could think of why.


3 hours later*

"You know, I feel like we could have done something more interesting somewhere else. Well, not in this town." Chikao said to the girls as he avoids getting punched by a Stray Devil before shooting it in the head, causing the Stray Devil to turn entirely into ashes. Again, so easy to deal with Stray Devil compare to the time when he would always risk his life with Freed. Making Chikao so tempted to go for the level up, but too many routes leading to his death if does and should wait for a bit longer before doing so. Preparing for the worst.

"Like what? I'm pretty sure the only interesting we could do is fight some powerful foes, like maybe a God or someone on the level of a God." Momoyo flick her fingers, exploding one of the Stray Devils' head into a bloody smear to the ground, finishing off the last Stray Devils that was part of the little group hiding away in the forest.

"Yeah, I'm going to say that is boring too. Trust me, I know." Nyx said to Momoyo with a bored look on her face. "The only interesting thing or someone, I have found so far over the years can be counted on one hand, but the biggest discovery is Chikao." Nyx wink at Chikao, who blankly stare at her, causing Nyx to huff at getting such different treatment, making her wonder why. Not realizing that she got such a neglect-like treatment is due to many possible routes that have led to Chikao's death and she didn't feel guilty about it at all and the only reason why she even in a relationship with Chikao in the first place is because neither Chikao nor Momoyo could kill her or make her leave them peacefully.

"I can agree with that." Momoyo didn't like Nyx, but she can agree that Chikao is the most interesting in her life up to now, even the point just being near him has given her the [Root Martial Art of Raging Flame Eruption], which she knew would be nearly impossible to get on her own and be a miracle to get it by herself at some point in her life if she hasn't met Chikao and stick around with him.

"Well, look like something interesting is about to happen." Chikao said to the girls as he turns around to look to the south, where there are Rias and her peerage, and sure enough, Issei is among them; therefore, he should have already been turned into a Reincarnated Devil; however, Chikao is still wondering why Issei hasn't met Asia before he did. "I must say, you Devils are so late, or don't bother to clean up yourselves with these Stray Devils."

"And who are you, people?" Rias demand, trying not to show how scared she is right now, because Koneko told her before meeting with these people that they are up against a group filled with extremely dangerous people and the chance of them dying is very high, where they should have gone back to call for help, but due to Rias' pride and curiosity. Rias forced her peerage to meet up with these people. Hopefully, there won't be a fight about to happen, but now that she can see the cold eyes of three out of the four people in front of her. Rias really wished she could turn back time and smack her past self for being too curious.

"Just people who wander around finding anything that interests us." Chikao said to Rias dully, then with a snap of his finger, with his free hand to destroy all the [Magic Circles] that Rias and her peerage was about to use and going by what he can see with [Numerical Precision]. Those were [Teleportation Magic Circle], [Power of Destruction], and [Lightning Magic]. However, Chikao was a bit disappointed that the [Power of Destruction]'s equations weren't fully on display, and the [Magic Circle] that Rias used just now seems incomplete for some odd reason, then on a closer look, to discover it wasn't a [Magic Circle] to use the [Power of Destruction], but a [Control Magic Circle], for Rias to use her [Power of Destruction] a bit more freely without the risk of harming herself with it. However, there are still many flaws in this [Control Magic Circle] that nearly made Chikao want to correct it himself. "And I have no idea if it's good or bad for you, Devils, because I'm a little interest in your little group."

"What's so interesting about this group of Devils?" Momoyo asks Chikao, with Nyx looking at Chikao too, curious to find out why as well. While Asia has already taken her spot behind Chikao, a bit scared of Rias and her peerage for just being Devils alone.

But, Asia did become a bit curious by peeking from the side, to see what the difference between the Stray Devils and the Devils before her, where all of them look humans, much to Asia's confusion before remembering the same Devil, that tricked her into being banished from the church, so she wasn't going to trust these Devils at the first meeting. She learned her lesson, a painful lesson at that.

"Well, the redhead is Rias Gremory, the heiress of the Gremory Clan. Though, not that interesting as that brown head over there." Chikao looks at Issei, who blinks as he snaps out of his lustful gaze at Momoyo and Nyx's breasts and points at himself. "If my source is right, he should be the current holder of the [Sacred Gear: Boosted Gear]. Making him this present generation's Red Dragon Emperor."

"Oh, you're right. That is interesting~" Nyx grin at Issei, not caring about the Devil heiress, there are plenty of those around, but there is only one Red Dragon Emperor, including its rival White Dragon Emperor.

"Oh! I didn't expect to meet the Red Dragon Emperor so soon!" Momoyo's eyes took a sharp glint before it disappears as she doesn't feel any danger from Issei, even that petite white hair Devil girl is a more threat than the Red Dragon Emperor. "Hold up. Are you sure this guy has the [Sacred Gear: Boosted Gear]? Because I can tell he is very weak, like a lot that even that little white hair girl over there seem better than him. Though, that pretty boy seems like he could put up a fight if I don't bother to move or lift a finger."

Rias and her peerage don't know if they should be offended or not, especially for Koneko and the pretty boy going by the name Yuuto. Issei looks outright sad, that a beautiful girl, with big breasts like Momoyo, looks down at him.

"I'm pretty sure you can flick any of their heads and none of them would survive from it." Chikao looks at Momoyo with a dull look. Then, look back at Rias and her peerage, where all of them seem offended that they would be killed by a mere flick, which they would wish they would never be flicked by someone like Momoyo, whose body is at the point of reaching godhood through her own hard work.

"I would like to disagree on their behalf, but I would be lying if what you just said is true." Nyx grin in delight, to see some of the Devils are smart enough to believe the statement of Momoyo's flicking them would kill them going by how they are broke in cold sweats.

"Should we really be making fun of the Devils?" Asia asks everyone while continuing to look at Rias and the others, trying her best to see what makes them so different from the Stray Devils other than appearance alone.

"Oh, have we started making fun of them?" Nyx looks at Asia with an eyebrow raise, for thinking what she and Chikao were making fun of the Devils. The thought alone is funny to Nyx.

"You weren't?" Asia is bemused by Nyx's question.

"Trust me. If we wanted to make fun of them. We would have said something that... on the line of disrespecting them for just being Devils alone." Nyx grinned from ear to ear.

"Why would disrespecting one's race alone be on the same level of making fun of them?" Asia is now bewildered by what she just heard from Nyx, not noticing the look of confusion on almost all the Devils' faces.

"Humans would disrespect other humans just for their race alone." Chikao said to Asia, while continuing to stare at Rias and using [Numeromancy] to figure out the best move to use against this Devil heiress. Also, giving advice to Asia while he at it as it's part of the many routes he likes to take with Rias the main person in those routes. Luckily, Chikao has enough memory to know all about racism and saw a few cases in this second life of his too.

"I'll repeat myself, who are you people?" Rias demand coldly, hating to be ignored by these people before her and forgetting about the fear of being killed by these people.

"Now, why should we tell you who we are when you should introduce yourself and your group first?" Momoyo stares at Rias with a bored look, for she no longer finds it interesting in wanting to fight with this group of Devils. This includes the current Red Dragon Emperor, who is the weakest here, and honestly, Momoyo can even see Asia beating him up too if Momoyo teaches Asia the basic martial arts. "And before you say it's because you run this territory. We already know, along with the other Devil heiress, but from the look of these many Stray Devils and Stray Exorcists. You and the other Devil heiress are not doing a fine job running Kuoh Town."

"Who are you to say that to me?" Rias nearly yelled in rage, but suppress it quick enough for she didn't want to look bad before her cute servants, especially with her new Pawn. "Even if there are many Stray Devils and Stray Exorcists. I would have gotten to them sooner or later, it's just that there are more important things at hand." Okay, Rias is just making up excuses, but she really did have something important to do like going to school and collecting a few rare objects that part of Japan Culture.

"I'm surprised there are still some Devils that don't know about the Goddess of Battle after the last time one of you Devils tried to force her into a peerage." Nyx smirked in triumph, for finding another way to mock this redhead Devil heiress without making it sound like she mocking her, but more of a fake surprise that's believable for almost everyone.

"Momoyo Kawakami?! The Goddess of Battle, the Warrior Goddess, and even many placed her in the lists of natural disasters?!" Rias shouted in absolute horror and really want to leave this area, even Kuoh Town itself, and back to the Underworld! Rias have seen many pictures and videos of all the destructions made by the Goddess of Battle and she couldn't believe she didn't recognize Momoyo Kawakami!

"Wow, placed on the lists of natural disasters?" Chikao look at Momoyo, since he didn't know this and wonder what other titles she would go by others in this world.

15