Arc 2 – Chapter 8: Got What I Wanted
255 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 2 - Chapter 8: Got What I Wanted

"Well, nice to meet you guys." Chikao greets the four Elders of the Sun-Woo Clan, then look at Shi-Woon Yi. "I should be able to fix his [Ki-Center], but just to be sure, I need to check those books on [Spirit Medicine] just for the safe." Chikao didn't really need the [Spirit Medicine], but why would he say that? He still needs those books and even though Jang So-Sul technically fulfills her end of the side of the deal, seeing how there is a chest full of books, which he made sure to check with [Numeromancy] that they are 100% real and not fake with information.

"Chikao Fukui, was it?" Kwon Jae-Kyu asks for confirmation on the name of Momoyo's so-called boyfriend. He is a bit skeptical that someone powerful as Momoyo would be in a relationship with someone no one knows about, even with all the background check and there barely any information on this Chikao Fukui. "Seeing how you have cured the Head. I wish to know about this knowledge on how you did and in exchange for whatever you want from me." Kwon Jae-Kyu may be the second-in-command of the Sun-Woo Clan, but he will never give an outsider and stranger of using this exchange to get something precious from the Sun-Woo Clan. Better to sacrifice belong to him than belong to the Sun-Woo Clan.

"More books on [Spirit Medicine] that aren't in that chest over there." Chikao point at the box placed against the wall near the front door. "But, they have to be extremely valuable in the knowledge that there shouldn't be another copy of it laying around. Furthermore, it's something that's worth making others wanting to get their hands on it." Chikao knew this was a risky route to go for, but there are some books he needs to get if he wants to find all the formulas related to the [Spirit Medicine] to be included in the [Arcane Science].

After all, [Spirit Medicine] is mentioned in the canon of The Breaker series, not more details on how it's made and processed. So, Chikao needs to get his hands on these books since he has no idea if it will be very useful or a waste of his time. Since there are many routes, where it did become a waste of time, but there are some that make it very useful; however, that if it only works if he gets someone like Kwon Jae-Kyu to get all the precious valuable books on [Spirit Medicine]. Otherwise, the one he getting right now are mainly common ones that almost anyone in Murim could get them if they join a Clan or School that studies in [Spirit Medicine]. While the ones that Chikao aiming for is highly guarded and only allow a few selected people to study them.

"It will be done. It shall take a day or two before you get what you what." Kwon Jae-Kyu is a bit relieved that the request was mainly about [Spirit Medicine]. Something valuable, but not completely comparable to the special martial arts only very rare people know about. Overall, Kwon Jae-Kyu can now have a rough understanding of what type of person this Chikao is and can relax a bit, that he isn't aiming with hostile intention towards the Sun-Woo Clan. "In the meantime, would it be too much to ask for a few information? You do not have to answer if you don't and if possible. We can do the exchange for this too, information for information."

None of the other Elders spoke, which was agreed on before coming, leaving Kwon Jae-Kyu doing the talking with Chikao.

"Sure, I don't mind. Hey, Momoyo, I know this might get boring. So how about taking those that don't want to stand around just listening to Kwon Jae-Kyu and me talking for hours." Chikao wink at Asia, who was confused at why he winked at her until she remembers what they talked about before about politics yesterday and quickly drags Ophis along, who is munching on a cookie.

"I'm so glad you said that, come on kids, time for some fun!" Momoyo didn't even hesitate to leave Chikao alone with someone like Kwon Jae-Kyu, for one thing, Momoyo knows how powerful her boyfriend and someone like Kwon Jae-Kyu won't be able to lay a finger on Chikao. "We'll be back by an hour or two. You guys should be done by then, if not call me ahead of time, Chikao!" Momoyo pushes everyone out, including Jang So-Sul, Shi-Woon Yi, and even Kwon Jinie.

Much to their confusion, even Kwon Jinie is a bit put off by this, but follow along. Since Kwon Jinie heard about the legendary tales of Momoyo Kawakami and rather not get on her bad side.

"You three should join them. I, alone, should stick around to speak with Chikao here." Kwon Jae-Kyu said to the other three Elders.

"Why not." Jeon Jang-ll replied and follow Momoyo and the others out.

Min Sa-Oak just nods quietly and walks out.

Kim Sul-Joong looks at Kwon Jae-Kyu with a concerned look on his face before following Jeon Jang-ll.

"Now, with them gone. We should be able to speak a bit more freely." Chikao didn't show any facial expression other than a blank one. He can detect the people surrounding the apartment and most of them are easy could kill with a snap of his finger, but for now, Chikao's focus is on the four Elders of the Sun-Woo Clan. Mainly Kwon Jae-Kyu than out of the four.

"Quite." Kwon Jae-Kyu slowly nod. "I shall begin my first question. Are you a Martial Artist?"

"Technically, I am. But, I wouldn't say I'm really one compared to everyone in this world. Yes, I have a lot of [Ki] and know martial arts. However, this is mainly for me to defend myself and before you ask. This is way before I met Momoyo, she didn't teach me anything about [Ki] whatsoever." Chikao said to Kwon Jae-Kyu, who hum at this.

"Remarkable, to get at this level when you're not really focusing on martial arts." Kwon Jae-Kyu can understand how people would go for martial arts for self-defense. Making him curious about what type of martial arts Chikao practice. Because there is no way someone at Chikao's age should be able to reach beyond the rank of Real Master Martial Artist. Unless he is another monster like Momoyo Kawakami. If so, then Kwon Jae-Kyu has to be extremely cautious around Chikao. He has seen the damage Momoyo could do and if Chikao is on the same or close to Momoyo's, then making Chikao an enemy will be the worst mistake he will make in his lifetime.

If that wasn't enough, Kwon Jae-Kyu can count on one hand, with leftover fingers to spare of people being able to cure the [Yin Body Type] and on that hand, only Chikao is the one that can. So, yes. Kwon Jae-Kyu absolutely has to get Chikao to form an alliance or just enough not to become an enemy. Including the books on [Spirit Medicine]. Kwon Jae-Kyu can say for sure, that Chikao will become the best doctor in the entire world.

"Thanks." Chikao wasn't going to outright say he cheated like how he admitted it to Momoyo at the time. After all, he knew exactly the type of person Momoyo and he also knows what type of person Kwon Jae-Kyu, so better not reveal too much about his own background.

Afterward, Chikao begins his own series of questions, and the same with Kwon Jae-Kyu, leading to both sides getting more information out of each other while the latter not realizing he was being led on by the former. One step at a time.


4 hours later*

It took an extra hour before both Chikao and Kwon Jae-Kyu got what they wanted.

The Sun-Woo Clan Head and the four Elders left, with only Shi-Woon Yi and Kwon Jinie staying behind, mostly to help Shi-Woon Yi's problems and Kwon Jinie sticking around to continue her duty as a bodyguard for Shi-Woon Yi, even though he is no longer the Head of the Sun-Woo Clan.

"So, I'm guessing you're done with reading with everything?" Momoyo asks her boyfriend, as she watches him handing the chest of the books over to Ophis, who easily shrink the chest and put it inside the backpack while she still inside it.

"Yup." Chikao love [Thought Acceleration] and [Memory Partition]. What is even better was the fact, that these two are strengthened fivefold after merging it with [Arcane Science]. "I should have something come up to fix Shi-Woon Yi."

"Wait, hold up!" Kwon Jinie cried out, then point at Chikao with eyes widen in astonishment. "Are you saying you read all those books and how did you shrink that chest?!" Kwon Jinie is more shocked about the chest shrinking than Chikao being able to read all the books in an hour, something only a few people could. So it wasn't that much of a shocker in her opinion. Since she has seen proof before.

"I think what they did was [Magic]?" Shi-Woon Yi spoke up, kinda surprised by the display of supernatural feats. Then again, there is Murim and [Ki]. So, having [Magic] in the world shouldn't be that surprising.

"Oh, you know about [Magic]?" Momoyo looks at Shi-Woon Yi with interest.

"Wait, are you for real?!" Kwon Jinie is startled by this and looks at Shi-Woon Yi before looking back at Momoyo. "[Magic] is real?!"

"Well, yeah?" Momoyo wonders if Kwon Jae-Kyu had hidden the fact about the supernatural world. After all, the last time she met the old man was during the time she was still part of Murim and also dealing with unwanted people from the supernatural world for the first few weeks before leaving Murim after finding out how the people in the supernatural world are a lot stronger than the people in Murim. The Sun-Woo Clan is among the people that know about the supernatural world, so she honestly thought Kwon Jinie knew about [Magic] too.

"I think I need to sit down for a moment to think." Kwon Jinie slowly walks over to a single seat couch and sat down, then lean back while looking at the ceiling, not caring how this kinda making her breasts sticking out more.

"Uh, I have to ask now, but do we sleep here or we get our own place?" Shi-Woon Yi asks everyone, for one thing, he was very far away from where he lives and was lucky that Momoyo was able to persuade his mother to let him go. Even though, Shi-Woon Yi knew how his master wanted him to stay out of Murim the moment he broke Shi-Woon Yi's [Ki-Center]. Yet, Shi-Woon Yi's desire to want to perform martial arts again.

"We got a place next to this apartment." Kwon Jinie answers Shi-Woon Yi's question. "Also, how long will it take to fix him?" Kwon Jinie looks at Chikao, trying not to react too much about how there is now [Magic] involved in this crazy world she lives in.

"Oh~?" Momoyo grins and places both hands on her hips. "Just the two of you alone? A boy and a girl? I wonder what would happen tonight~?" Momoyo's grin turns into a full-blown smirk as she sees both Kwon Jinie and Shi-Woon Yi blush upon hearing her words.

"There is nothing between us! We're not a couple!" Kwon Jinie shouted as she leaps onto her feet. Glaring at Momoyo for saying that she and Shi-Woon Yi had something going between them. "And why are you blushing?!" Kwon Jinie's heart skip a beat when she saw her little crush is blushing too.

Shi-Woon Yi look away and kept his mouth shut, but his cheeks are still red, making it worse for him and Kwon Jinie.

"I never anything about you two being a couple." Momoyo giggles at the end, causing Kwon Jinie's face to turn completely red now.

"We're leaving!" Kwon Jinie grabs Shi-Woon Yi from the back of his collar and drags him out.

"Make sure to use protection!" Momoyo calls out to the two, where she watches Kwon Jinie almost trip over her own feet before turning around to give Momoyo a glare before slamming the door close behind her. "Well, that was fun while it lasted. Anyone wants to watch TV?"

"Oh! I do!" Asia quickly drags Ophis to the couch and sat down on the right side of the three-seat couch.

"I don't see why not." Chikao rather not deal with those Stray Devils a few blocks away and just leave it to other people to hunt them down. Not that these Stray Devils would affect the important routes. So, better to enjoy a night watching TV with his girlfriend and surrogate little sister. Not too sure about Ophis.


A week later*

"Well, here it is." Chikao place two boxes, with one the size of holding a ring and the other, is the size to hold a small book. "This one here is the pill to cure the [Three Yin Body Type]." Chikao point at the smaller box, then points at the other box. "This is my side of the deal. The instruction on how to cure the [Yin Body Type]. From one block up to the ninth blocks."

"Why are you giving me the cure for the [Three Yin Body Type]?" Kwon Jae-Kyu asks Chikao while looking at the clear ocean-like sphere. While holding the box with the valuable book on curing the [Yin Body Type] disease inside. This is something that will be more on the same line as an heirloom for the Sun-Woo Clan. So, he won't be letting this box go any time soon.

"That's for Shi-Woon Yi." Chikao wasn't going to help Shi-Woon Yi for free. He was no saint. They should have asked Asia instead. Rias one thing, since he wanted the equation for the [Power of Destruction] at the time. Shi-Woon Yi got nothing he wanted. Other than the [Black Origin Threshold], which he already recreated and removed the fatal weak points too.

"Hmm." Kwon Jae-Kyu can see that this was just another favor or something the Sun-Woo Clan will have to pay for. He knew exactly how the Head felt about Shi-Woon Yi. "Alright, I'll pay with a personal technique of mine. The [Phoenix Wing Whip]. If that's fine with you." Kwon Jae-Kyu knows this wasn't the same value for the cure, but he can't really think about anything else to offer.

"I'll take the deal. Just let this be something of good faith for the partnership." Chikao nod at Kwon Jae-Kyu, who nod back and ask for a few pieces of papers to write down the instruction and even includes his own notes on experience for the best methods to train the [Phoenix Wing Whip]. Taking nearly an hour to finish before pass the small stack of papers over to Chikao before taking his leave.

Chikao did a quick read on the [Phoenix Wing Whip] and can see how useful this is and added it into the [Bairong Style] before destroying the papers about the technique. Once that's done. Chikao made a call, to let Momoyo know she can come back since the private exchange with Kwon Jae-Kyu is done with and even got Momoyo to let Shi-Woon Yi know that Kwon Jae-Kyu has the cure for his [Three Yin Body Type]. Where it will fully cure him and boost his fighting ability further than it already is after having his [Ki-Center] fixed a few days ago.

Afterward, Chikao ends the call and made sure the Sun-Woo Clan doesn't try to push their way into his group's plans after this. He has done enough already and Jang So-Sul will require a bit more time before she even thinks about meeting up with him and the rest of his group.


Hours later*

"So, I'm all up for a training trip, but are you sure we will be fine for skipping school for a few days or so?" Lee Moon Young asks everyone, mainly Momoyo as she got inside the van. Ingui Yoon tagging along as well as she already inside the van before Lee Moon Young.

"It's fine. I got permission from the bossman himself. Though, I do wonder what he meant by making this something on the line of making you and Ingui Yoon over there to be more feminine. Whatever that means." Momoyo furrows her eyebrows at the end.

"Beats me." Lee Moon Young, then look at Ingui Yoon. "How about you? Got any idea what feminine is?"

Ingui Yoon shook her head. Not knowing what that is, which kinda made her feel a hint of dismay for some odd reason.

"Where are we going, Momoyo?" Asia asks after making sure Ophis is secure to the seat next to her on the left as well as making sure the backpack is lying in front of Ophis' legs.

"We're heading to an old place of mine for training everyone." Momoyo can't wait to see the looks on everyone's face when they arrive.

9