Arc 2 – Chapter 14: Exchanges For Help
226 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 2 - Chapter 14: Exchanges For Help

A few days later*

"Make sure not to let too many people know about [Ki]. There is a reason why people from Murim do their best not to involve non-Murim people." Momoyo said to both Ingui Yoon and Lee Moon Young as they arrived at Wild's High. Where they will be picked up by their own family.

"Got it." Lee Moon Young nod in a serious manner before walking into the school, to find out what they have missed during the time they went for the training trip.

Ingui Yoon nod quietly before leaving together with her friend, not before giving Chikao one last look before going. This wasn't missed by Momoyo, who grins at this.

Getting back inside the car, Momoyo smile at Chikao, who just start driving off to their apartment. Not saying anything to Momoyo with the way she look at him.

"So..." Momoyo temporarily ignores Asia and Ophis in the backseat as she continues to give Chikao a delightful smile.

"So?" Chikao replied back in a questioning tone. While doing a quick look with [Numeromancy] to find out what Momoyo about to say now before going back to checking the dangerous routes to avoid since Asia is still wasn't ready after given a modified changed [True Longinus] and [Dimension Lost], making Asia so far the only owner of three [Sacred Gears]. With two of them becoming [Sub-Species Balance Breaker], which creates a different form than the actual ones. As well as being consistently active thanks to the multiple [Runes] to make it happen.

"So, are you planning to court Ingui Yoon any time soon? She has been checking you out very often, even knowing you're in a relationship with me." Momoyo trying to get a reaction out of Chikao and is disappointed to get nothing other than a glance from him.

"Did you do something, that made her like this?" Chikao already knows the answer, but he just needs Momoyo to say it to his face so the other routes for him to use would be open for him to use.

"Well, I might have given some hints that I'm alright with you having another girl in our life together." Momoyo didn't stop grinning and ignore the way Asia gasp in the back.

"You just straight up told this to Ingui Yoon's face, didn't you?" Chikao asks his girlfriend as he took a turn to the right to enter the parking lot.

"I made sure to avoid Lee Moon Young being around when I did." Momoyo didn't have anything against Lee Moon Young, in fact, Momoyo is curious about what type of person she might be in bed, but Momoyo saw the type of males Lee Moon Young like and Chikao doesn't match her taste; therefore, she focuses more on Ingui Yoon and she made some progress.

"Right..." Chikao gives Momoyo a dull look before getting out of the car, with everyone doing the same. "Anyway, since we're back here. It's time for us to make a counterattack against the Biblical Faction and any other factions outside of it. They're no longer searching solely on Japan anymore. The closest place they will look will be North Korean and South Korean, along with checking Russia out too. If they are pushing it as early as possible." Chikao said to Momoyo, who click her teeth at this news. "Also, as for courting Ingui Yoon. Isn't it frowned upon by the public for a male to have more than one girlfriend?"

"Do we even care about the public's opinion?" Momoyo asks back as she enters the apartment with everyone else entering after her.

"Not really." Chikao shrugs his shoulders as he closes the door, then locks it before joining everyone in the living room couches, right next to Momoyo.

"Then, it should be okay if Ingui Yoon joins us. After all, I made sure to clear some doubts with her a few days ago." Momoyo leans against her boyfriend after stretching a bit first. "Especially when I gave her a small brief about how great sex is. To think such a quiet girl like her would be a closet pervert."

"Uh, huh. Yeah, no. Call me cold-hearted. But, Ingui Yoon seems to be the type of person who falls at first love with someone that completely different from the standards of males she has met throughout her life." Chikao didn't even give Momoyo the chance of including Ingui Yoon in their relationship, not to mention the annoyance of dealing with many routes of having Ingui Yoon being his lover.

"I..." Momoyo brings up a finger to make an argument before lowering the finger, for she tries to see it from her boyfriend's point of view. "Fine, but do you mind telling me why you don't want to have a harem? I'm pretty sure many males would have lovely and powerful ladies? Plus, why in the first place would you train these two when you could just hand them a book or something instead?"

"For one thing. There will be too much drama for my comfort. Making me waste time when I could do something that improves our group's strength. Two: You're the one that wanted to take those two for a training trip. I have been all up in just tutoring them a bit at school. Three: Giving out a book or two would lead to unwanted attentions draws to them. I rather not have their deaths and their families' deaths on me just because I gave them something that would make many kills for, to get their hands on them." Chikao pause for a moment to glance at Asia, who is busy staring at her right palm, which has a golden cross imprinted on it. Where the [True Longinus]'s present form is now.

Seeing how Asia still a bit out of it, but no longer depressed like before.

Then, Chikao resumes his counterpoints of why he rather not have any other girls; well, maybe not now or even in this world.

"Four: Do you seriously expect Ingui Yoon would be able to survive against the supernatural people as in the one very powerful? I can see her being either held hostage and forcibly experience dreadful things due to being a beautiful girl and/or being killed afterward just for being associate with us." Chikao didn't want to scold Momoyo for being one of the greatest girlfriends, that is willing to have her own boyfriend have other girls in his life, but Chikao has better things than being in a relationship at the moment. Hell, Momoyo is plenty enough for him right now.

Though, truthfully, Chikao the main reason why he accepted the idea of the whole training trip is due to something benefits would help Chikao increase his fighting power again. So yeah, if it wasn't for that, Chikao would have declined Momoyo's request for a training trip without thinking about it for a second.

"Well, when you put it that way. I can see why you keep giving me that look, where I'm doing something stupid and a waste of time." Momoyo feels a bit sad, that Ingui Yoon won't be in this relationship, but oh well. She just has to speak with Ingui Yoon tomorrow or tonight about it. Making her a bit guilty for giving the girl the hope to be with Chikao, only to have it destroy afterward. "So, you don't want other girls in your life; well, romantically?"

"As what other common males, I would like to have a harem, maybe just another girl or two, but truthfully. Our lives are filled with dangers enough already to include others. Having Ingui Yoon and Lee Moon Young being taught by us is bad enough to put a target on their back. It's only due to me placing multiple [Runes] on them, to make it impossible for the supernatural people with hostile intention towards us would subconsciously dismiss them as just casual people that we wanted to mess with to ease our boredom. Furthermore, unlike those two. They can't fight on their own while Asia has Ophis with her at all times. Not to mention, Asia is still training her two new [Sacred Gears] to become less of a burden in our group. Her words, not mine." Chikao saw his girlfriend narrow her eyes at the end. "Anyway, I'm thinking about speeding Asia's school lessons a bit up before having her take the graduation exams to finish Wild's High. That way, she will have more free time, including yourself once Asia graduate, to train more."

"Is that so." Momoyo did not see that far ahead, making her sigh that she was only able to see a small part of the bigger picture, that looks like her boyfriend can only see. Making her somewhat disappointed that she couldn't do much to help Chikao's plans for the group's future. "So, does that means we won't be meeting with Ingui Yoon and Lee Moon Young for a long time afterward? Actually, how long before Asia need to graduate early? I think I can speak with the bossman himself, to get things done early if we're on a tight schedule." Momoyo could at least help Chikao out by this and glancing over at Asia, who seems out of it and didn't seem to hear what they've been talking about so far. So, Momoyo will have to talk with Asia about this later.

"Well, after making sure Asia doesn't go completely crazy after having three [Sacred Gears] in her possession. Not that I'm saying she is crazy, but seeing how she now has the [True Longinus] that make the believers of God go insane. Even with all the [Runes], I've placed down to make sure it doesn't affect Asia. But, better just in case." Chikao said to Momoyo as nod in agreement, that Asia needs help and Asia have their support in helping her. "Though, I think it's time for your turn to comfort Asia. Leave it to me, to speak to Asia without sugar-coating it." Chikao saw enough routes, that it seems Momoyo will be the good cop and he is the bad cop whenever it's related to Asia's health or whatever.


A month later*

"Look like those pills you made was really valuable, Chikao." Momoyo said to Chikao, as they're finally back to their apartment after coming back from picking Asia up from getting her picture taken and getting her high school degree. "I wouldn't expect the bossman would agree to this whole thing so easily after you hand over a few pills, that will help other Martial Artists in their [Ki Training] and martial arts." Momoyo didn't feel much different when she took the pills Chikao made with [Spirit Medicine], then again, her body has long passed the mortal level and still waiting for that last step into godhood.

"Well, that just to show that the field of [Spirit Medicine] isn't that easy to learn. Not to mention, the materials to make these pills." Chikao replied, though honestly. He has long branched out of just making [Spirit Medicine] in a pill form. Including that, Chikao can make other things like tablets, elixirs, syrups, capsules, ointment, cream, lotion, paste powder, etc. But, with how the Murim is right now. The pill is the best form of medicine they would take and think it's very valuable.

"But, still. I didn't think that the bossman would do so much just for three pills and put all efforts into helping Asia in tutoring and making sure she passes the graduation exams in a month." Momoyo shook her head, where she can't believe this one bit. Not realizing that unlike her, others have a hard time rising to the top just with martial arts and [Ki] alone. Excluding those with special bodies and [Sacred Gear]. If they are born with one. Then, they would be in the supernatural world, not the Murim world.

"I kinda did." Chikao mumbles to himself, just enough for Momoyo to hear him. "Now, that Asia finished with high school. Time for us to leave." Chikao knew there is some time left before leaving South Korea, but better to leave now and not cause too much attention from the supernatural world to aim at the people here in South Korea. Even though the pantheon here would make sure the foreigners wouldn't overstep their boundaries.

"And where are going to go?" Momoyo is a bit annoyed with all the running away and stuff, but she understands why. Just felt annoyed they can't just fight these annoying people off, to make them leave their group alone. "Also, can't we just fight off some important people and show them we're not someone to mess with? I mean, can't we just throw Ophis at them or something?"

"Honestly, the thought has crossed my mind more than once." Chikao knew how powerful Ophis is and even talk with Ophis alone to have a better view of what she could do to help the group's survival. "But, can you honestly expect us to do that so easily and Ophis would allow it?" Chikao point at Ophis, while still having a bit hard time including Ophis into the [Numeromancy] without causing so many variables to rapidly appears that made the predictions become extremely hard to read without the help of [Thought Acceleration] and [Memory Partition]. It still gives him a headache after a couple of reading a few routes in a row.

"Have you tried asking her?"


A week later*

"RUN AWAY!"

"WHY IS THE OUROBOROS DRAGON HERE?!"

"MY LEGS! WHY DID IT EAT MY LEGS?!"

Just a bit far away from the city. Chikao used a large amount of [Runes] to draw people's attention to the location. This took a few some time to make, mainly finding the best location and the time to make sure the place is void of people for miles away.

Right now, Ophis is in her dragon form, which takes on a massive violet dark shade color and taking on the same of an eastern dragon. A snake-like body with four legs and feathered wings. Killing many people, be it the Gods themselves or just worldwide known mythological beings in history. As tales told by people as myths.

"Shouldn't we be stopping Ophis right about now?" Asia asks with concern, for she finally got back a hold of herself and no longer depress, yet her faith in God is still there but wasn't strong as before. However, at least she got something to remind him for her, that God is there for her. Even if it's just a dying will.

"I feel like she hasn't done enough." Chikao said coldly, for there were too many troublesome things he had to deal with before today. Bad enough, he had to nearly exhaust himself to death if it wasn't for the [Refresh Spell] to help him out while using [Calamity Inducement] and [Probability], with the latter making Chikao piss off due to an unexpected variable aka too many Stray Devils, making Chikao's opinion of the Devil Faction going down further. If that wasn't enough, Chikao found out that Asia's stalker Devil kept on trying to kidnap her whenever she 'alone' at school as in, no one belongs in the supernatural world around nearby to stop taking Asia away. It's only due to the presence of the [True Longinus] that made the Devil back off more than once due to not knowing where the [Holy Power] coming from. Until realizing it's coming from Asia herself, which was yesterday.

"Yikes..." Momoyo whisper to herself. She had no idea what happened during the week, but Chikao slowly become colder and colder by each day, to the point Momoyo nearly question if it had to do anything with her, but each night of sex made sure that doubt never stays too long. Yet, Momoyo has never seen Chikao so mad and starts observing Chikao's movements to study what she needs to do in order to not get on his bad side. "By the way, I might have missed it, but what did you say to Ophis, to make her help us deal with these annoying people?"

Chikao pause for a moment, then looks at Momoyo blankly for a few seconds, making her raise an eyebrow. "I made it so inside the backpack would have temperature adjustment to always be at the right temperature for the perfect sleep. Also, include making the inside the backpack extra comfortable, that it makes it feel like you're wearing a very silky outfit, but for Ophis. It's a silky feeling sleeping bag." Out of all the things he could have given Ophis. This was something he least expected among the routes to get Ophis' help with the highest success rate, with Ophis doing a great job in helping too.

"You never fail to astonish me, Chikao." Momoyo shook her head, with a smile on her face. "Though, after Ophis is done dealing with these annoyances. What is our next action?" Momoyo put on a serious look.

Chikao looks at the chaos going in front of him while making sure the [Runes] he placed around his group, to stop anyone from detecting them.

"I have a few plans, with one of them is making Murim a lot stronger, that they have somewhat an equal footing against the supernatural world." Chikao replied, calculating all the odds against him and his future plans dealing with this world before using one of those rare routes to leave Highschool DxD universe for another. Since there are some worlds he wants to visit and some candidates to pick to stay for the rest of his life once he satisfies his desire of traveling and experience all kinds of worlds.

9