2_Against the food (flavor)
83 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kurosaka Endo was an otaku that dreamed about being isekied, to the point of being an obsession, he evens prepared for the possibility of this happening. He studied cocking, forging, kendo, karate, survival training, and other things, and carried ever what he thang that may be necessary when he will be isekaied. Fortunately for him, his parents had some money, not to the point of being rich, but enough to pay for everything, as long as Kurosaka improved and showed results, and he did.

One day, Kurosaka obsession was rewarded, he was walking to his house after one of his extracurricular activities, and he fell in a hole, losing consciousness. When he awakes, he was in an unknown forest, and thanks to his survival training, he known that the flora there wasn't from Japan.

All of that was a week ago, Kurosaka was hungry, exhausted, dirty... All of his survival training didn't prepare him for real wilderness, he didn't had the tools, not a camping set, he didn't recognise the edible herbs (and that lead to him having a severe case of diarrhea that nearly killed him because the dehydration) In his training he went with proper equipment, in the forest near the city, that was near the city if something happened and didn't had predators.

Fortunately, Kurosaka saw a column of smoke, on that was immobile, and he went towards it, because that smoke most probably was the smoke of a campfire, and he was right!! At the campfire he found a group of armed men that immediately pointed their weapons to him.

-What type of wild best if this!?

-I think it's the worst beast of all, a human

-I'm a human, only that I'm lost, hungry, dirty, cold... I have been lost in the forest for a week, without weapon to defend myself from wild beast, not tools to make traps.

After some time, Kurosaka was able to convince the armed men that he was harmless and he was really lost. Then the armed men presented themself as a mercenary group returning to their base and told Kurosaka that he them will escort him to a nearby village, then the armed men returned to what there were doing before Kurosaka arrived: setting up the camp.

Because Kurosaka was a grateful and polite person, he helped the mercenaries with the camp, and like this, the time for the dinner arrived. Then, Kurosaka remembered what he has read in all isekai novels, about food being bland and repetitive in travels, especially military rations, and how people enjoyed the superior taste of Japanese food. Kurosaka looked his bag and confirmed that he still had his spiced, vegetables that he collected on the forest and a bag of rice, and because the camp was at the riverside, they had an unlimited supply of water.

-Captain, can you allow me to cook something for you and your officials as a sign of gratitude? It will need some meat, and I will not have enough for everyone but at least I want to show my gratitude to the ones in charge.

-Sure lad, you can use some meat and the cooking tools that are not been used -answered curiously the captain

Kurosaka started to cook a Japanese plate using the rice and the meat with his seasoning, that included soy sauce, and presented the food to the captain and the persons that were with him.

-I'm sure that you will enjoy this food, ¡¡I think that you will find this the most savoury food that you ever had!!

The captain and the team leaders started to eat Kurosaki food in silence, at the end the captain speak.

-The food is good, and it has been a new flavour, that sure, but I will not say that this is the most savoury food I ever had. This food has subtle flavours, and it's good, but for savoury food taste stew that the men are eating.

Intrigued, Kurosaka did as the captain told him, and his mouth was kicked by the really strong taste of the stew.

-Why is the stew this strong!!?

The captain, thinking that the boy in front of him had a sheltered life before being throw in the forest, started to explain

-We can carry with us enough food for everyone for all the travel, so we hunt part of our food on a regular basis, but it's hard to preserve food in the wilderness, so part of the food starts to root. But we can't waste food, so if the meat it's not too bad, we cook it with lots of spices, and the combination of slightly rooted food, that have a really strong taste, and spices ends with this very strong stew. But if you use fresh food and a little less spice, you obtain a very good and warm dish, and if you go to the city, you will find lots of better dishes than this one.

2