4_Against reincarnating as a child
79 7 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I died in very pitiful way, I don't want to remember how, but that was the start of everything. Like in a lot of isekai stories I meet god, but this God was laughing so hard when I meet it. After several minutes, it stopped, only to see my face and start again.

-Sorry, sorry, your dead was so hilarious- finally manged to say God after stopping to laugh for a second time -You know, being a God can be so boring, and thing like your dead is my only amusement, so I want to reward you. I will grant a wish for your next life, the gift has to be inside my possibilities, and something that you can have since birth, so you can't ask me to be a king, but you can ask to be the firstborn of a royal family.

That was it said, that I had been given a gift not for my intelligence, not for my achievements, not because of my potential, but because I died a funny dead. At first, I was furious, but later I calmed down and thang about the wish.

-I have decided about what I want, I want to be reincarnated with my memories intact.

-I don't recommend this, it will bring you problems.

-Don't worry, I will make sure no one discovers bout it...

-That is not what I mean, memories will be a baggage for you.

-That is wat I want

At the end, God gave me that wish, but it will be better if I have listened to it, even if it laughed so hard about my dead, it wished me well, even gave me alternatives that will had avoided the problems to be, like having the memories, but sealed, and having the seal slowly erased as I grow, but I didn't properly listened to it, and that caused me lots of problems.

Fortunately even if I was born with my memory, I wasn't totally conscious my first days, so when I started to be myself, I already was already born, and I was a week old, it's not that I didn't had control of myself the first week, but more like I was only aware of things intermittently, after a week all of this stabilised and I was in full control of everything. And then I made the first error of my new life.

In Isekais, most protagonists that are reborn as babies have perfect control of their bodies and are able to understand their parents, but that wasn't my case, I had very bad control over my body, and I didn't understand nothing about what anyone said, so I waited. I waited to grow and have better control over my body, and I tried to listen what people said to learn their language, but things doesn't work that way, if you don't practise control over your body, you will not improve, and if you don't study a language, you will not learn it, even for babies. I was regarded as a dumb child because of it, even if I was able to learn the words for mother and father before any child, because I never moved my body waiting for my control to improve I was never able to say them, after so many tries I was finally able to say them, but I was older than most babies, that was when I learned that to be able to control my body, I needed to move it, but I was reaaaally behind all other child, but if only this had been an issue, I may not be labelled as a dumb child, but after learning the most evident words.

It was very hard for me to learn the language of my parents, let me explain, babies had a brain that is like a sponge that absorbs everything in their surroundings, and this is lost as we grow, that’s the reason that child are better are learning new thing than adults, but because my wish, even if theoretically I had this ability, my adult brain made it hard for me to learn anything, because it was already accustomed to work in my mother language, so learning  completely different language without any reference was very hard, especially grammatical and syntaxis rules.

After all frustrations of this period of my life, and being labelled as a dumb child, I was expecting going to school to redeem myself, after all, I had already learned everything that school had to offer to me, well, except for magic, this world had magic and a development level similar to mine, except for technology, most things that in my old word worked using science there worked using magic. How wrong I was.

Because that was a different world, subjects like history, socials, philosophy and literature were very different, but you can thing that science will be similar, no? The answer was, not, biology was very different from my old world because of magic, physics was nearly inexistent and math worked in a other way, first they used numbers like the romans, not Arabic like numbers, but if they only used roman numbers it will not be that hard, you see, roman numbers can be easily converted to a base 10 system because they had numbers for 1, 5, 10, 50, 100, 500 and 1000 so roman numbers are compatible with a base 10 system, but in this world the used symbols for 1, 6, 12, 72, 144, 864 and 1728; numbers that are compatible with a base 12 system, I'm not joking, if you convert those numbers from base 10 to 12 you will obtain 1, 6, 10, 60, 100, 600 and 1000. In short, even at school I was labelled as a dumb child, that needed remedial lessons and even repeated courses.

The worst part was magic, using magic was like using an extra pair of arms, for child that were growing, even if it was difficult they managed to do, but it was impossible for my, even this day I can't use magic, the reason behind that in my old world there was no magic, and even if in this world there is, and my body it's capable of using it, my brain is not wired to do it. It was like putting wings to a tiger, it may sound that you make the tiger more powerful, but even if you put everything necessary for the tiger to use the wings, the brain doesn't have any method to control them, and that was my problem, even if my brain had to relearn how to control a body, it only mean that needed to learn how it was connected every nerve to the brain, but because my brain was already that of an adult it wasn't able how to use that new pair of arms because I didn’t have them in my previous life and my brain didn't have a part of itself reserved for them like the other child.

At this point you may imagine that I lived a miserable life, well that is the point where thing goes to better, as I said, physics of this world were underdeveloped, and because I was regarded as a dumb child, a magical inept and had  weak body (caused by my lateness to improve my body control) I was left alone in my parent’s house without much supervision, and my parents started to worry about my future, but then they discovered some booknotes of mine, that I conveniently left in place for them to found, with observations about nature, and from those observations, deductions about the world physics. That day I passed to be a dumb child to be one of those rare geniuses that are only good at one thing. It wasn't the life I dreamed when God asked me for the wish, it wasn't the life that a desired, but at least I managed to obtain a place where I belonged in that world

2