1.Of Walks to his Proverbial Grave
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the beginning, he was walking, his destination for the day unknown. 

It was always like this, He would go out for a walk and come back later. 

Today he was slouching and this immediately alerted the mothers whose children were outside,

But today was different for him, he couldn't be bothered, coz today was when it started, in the middle of his daily walk. 

It was in the air, a subtle change...only he could feel it though. 

He closed his eyes to savor the feeling and it abruptly changed to a stinging pain on the side of his face. 

He should really pay attention to his surroundings.

 Opening his eyes he saw her, she was short, and very underdeveloped causing him to blink a few times in disbelief. 

'What is happening here?' James thought to himself. 

And yes ' James' was his name, and his pummeling of others made sure it stayed at just 'James', not James O'Connell nor James Pummel 'em. 

He hated nicknames and his last name even more. 

But I digress, that's a story for some other time. 

Clearly holding himself back from rubbing his face to alleviate the sting, (he couldn't show weakness, not in public) he studied this young 'child' who clearly wished to die. 

She was holding a bat which, hmm. "Is that bat made from LEGO bricks?" He asked. 

"What of it? Word on the street is you're the big bad wolf of the neighborhood, how was the bat, like the taste?" She replied smirking at him. 

"Hey listen here little sprout, you're lucky that you are too little to fit in-between my teeth. Wait for like 6 more years and come back, maybe you'll have enough meat to satisfy this wolf." 

"I will have you know that I'm 4 years older than you, so me being the adult here, I am here to dissuade you from disturbing the neighborhood with my lovely 'bricked bat'."

What! James was dumbfounded, adults have this much time on their hands. And if I am being truthful too my scalp felt a little numb as well...

'Am I intoxicated?' well no, but still. 

"So I am to believe that a 20 year old Loli went to a mall and bought enough lego bricks, sat down and glued them one by one to make a 'lego bat' just to threaten me, I am flattered that I can invoke such stupidity, now if you will excuse me, I need to go back home and maybe I can prompt myself to wake up from this special children's commercial."

Saying this he started shuffling away back fast, he couldn't be bothered with the retarded child. 

Association with her would affect his public image. 

But what James didn't know was that the whole escapade had been witnessed by 'April from across the street' the resident gossip or news reporter. 

She liked to talk and she liked the sound of her own voice and also didn't care about anything else apart from information about other people. 

What was different about April was that she was also a reverse information broker, she was paid to shut up about things. 

There was nothing special or eye catching about April at least not in other people's eyes, this helped in her 'espionage' activities because nobody ever noticed her around when they did scandalous things...well as scandalous as teenagers could get, which in April's opinion they were over the top scandalous. 

April filed this escapade in her head and started plotting ways in which to add more flair to James' escape from the scary child with a toy bat. 

Meanwhile, James was hurrying home, not knowing that his reputation was taking a nosedive...since April was taking extra effort to bury it deeper. 

As you'd expect from her behavior she obviously had feelings for James. 

0