Chapter 4
113 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

‘Huh this leadership skill is actually quite nifty’ Erwin thought this while starting to sit down on a lone chair in the cabin,he crossed one leg over the other and then started to think more about the changes with his status.

 

‘Why did my mana increase? I haven’t been fighting anyone so I couldn’t have stolen their mana...could it be due to the excessive use of my mana?’ He had a rather confused expression on his face as he was thinking what could have possibly caused his mana to increase.

 

‘I did read somewhere once that using an excessive amount of mana and then resting will allow your mana to grow but i’ve tried that before multiple times yet nothing has ever happened...is it due to this ‘trial’ yes that must be the reason as to why i’m able to increase my ma-’ Just before he could finish his thought someone slammed the door open.

 

A cold gust of wind came in as the door opened,The person who came through the door was rather tall standing at 6’2 inches and looked to weigh around 220 pounds,the person was wearing a large black coat which hung off of him,they also wore long comfy looking black trousers,they also wore a mask which covered half of his face but the other half was uncovered.The person was breathing heavily “huh huh huh” it seemed as if they had run for a long time searching for something or someone

 

Erwin just stared at the person who had just burst through the door as if they had lost something important. “Well hello there!” Erwin said this as he had started to walk towards the person however the person immediately dashed towards Erwin and drew out two daggers.

 

The half masked person aimed for Erwin’s neck but at the last second Erwin rolled to the left in the small cabin. Erwin withdrew his sword and made a duplicate of himself this caused the mad armed person to take a large step back,Both Erwin and his duplicate dashed forward and at the same time they both withdrew their swords,Erwin and his clone both swiftly strike down towards the mad person's arms.

 

The mad person managed to duck but his left arm got pierced by Erwin’s clone. A loud scratch of agony could be heard coming from what seemed to be a man upon closer inspection.

 

“Are you going to stop attacking now you crazy bastard!” Both Erwin and his clone said this is unison,The masked man now decided to drop both of his daggers and put the arm he could put up in the air as a gesture of his surrender.

 

“First off, who the hell are you?” Erwin said this alone now as his clone had disappeared. “I̷ ̷a̴m̷ ̴j̴u̷s̵t̸ ̷a̷ ̵w̴a̴n̴d̸e̷r̷e̷r̶” Erwin had a hard time understanding what the man was saying it sounded as if every time he talked a slight screeching noise would also come out.

 

“Ow what is that thing” Erwin held his ears in pain from the sound that was coming from somewhere but he couldn’t understand where it was coming from,’Is it coming from that person?’.

 

“S̶o̸r̵r̷y̵,̵I̸ ̷s̷a̸i̴d̴ ̴I̵ ̶w̸a̵s̷ ̷a̷ ̸w̵a̵n̶d̷e̶r̴e̴r̶ ̶” The masked man once again repeated what he had said previously,somehow this time Erwin could understand what the masked thing was saying.

 

“You're a wanderer?,one of those creatures in legends that was banished from the human world and was sent to another continent?” Erwin was now completely puzzled; he didn’t know whether he should believe this strange thing or if it was just crazy.

 

A wanderer, an ancient creature that had once lived in harmony with all other beings, these beings included humans however over a millenia ago wanderers as well as a lot of other ‘strange/evil’ creatures were sent on to another continent. In old legends it is said that all beings on the eastern continent banded together to banish these creatures onto another continent,however most people thought that this was just a myth. 

 

“Ỹ̴̫́e̴̬̊̎̃s̵̞̲̃̈ ̷̮͗o̵̳̭̎̍ņ̷̔̕e̶̮͆̅͝ͅ ̵̰͓̆͘o̸̢̳̊̇̋f̷̩͉̀́ ̴̮̭̅̕t̴̼͎̦̀̀h̵͖̬̀́o̸̘̿͆s̴͉̗̊e̴̬̜̲͌̒̋ ̸͙̼͈̈́͒̋w̴̝̩̃á̸̜̚n̶͎͠d̷̻̘͎̿e̸̤͛r̶̨͙̿̂̕è̶̟̣̰r̴̲̺̺͌̒s̴͉͙̹̚ ̷̟̀̉̑t̶͚̉̉h̶̭̟̖̐e̶̼͖͉̎̇̀ ̷̤͚͙̄̒t̷͉̤̅͆͘y̴̠͆̐p̵̭̄̊͝ē̷͙̲ ̸̪͎̥̈́y̸͉̹͔͒ò̷̖u̶͈̒̈́͘ ̴̯̤̝̽͌̈́h̵͈̔̈͜ũ̵̮͋͜͝m̴͓͕͊͊ḁ̵̢͉͊n̴̡͎̲̄̆̒s̷͈̽͝ ̵̥͍͎̀̾b̶̨̧͈͝͝é̷͚͓̯l̶̮̈́͜ͅi̶̼͓͊e̷̱̣͎̾v̶͚̇̓͝e̷̺̼͊̈́͜ ̴͍̇̀̃w̸̬͒e̸̡̍͛̾r̶͎͇̖̃̊̏e̵̹͎̔͒̚ ̸̨̺̤͛̑b̴͓͓̭̄͐͊a̵͍͍̒̎n̶̞̦̐͠ī̵̪̩͖͐s̷͕̀h̴̕͜e̸̺̣̙͗̔ḏ̶̛́̃͜ ̵̢̪͑̕ŏ̸͕ͅv̴̭̋ḙ̸̢̹͛̅̽r̷̺̗͌̐̅ͅ ̴̡̩̣̐̊̍à̶̠̗̆̿ ̴̨̡̍́m̷̙͕̲̉ḭ̴̟̙͂l̸̦̉̑̐l̶̜͉̈́͝e̸͈͚͋n̴̩̾͑n̶͖̘̽͠ͅḭ̴́̐̾ä̴̭͚̭́̍̀ ̸͙͓̱̅̓͌ä̴̯̝ͅg̶̼͒̅͗o̴̡̭͖̽̑,̶̟͠I̵̛͆͑ͅ ̶̧̼͔̅h̶̥̬̽͋̉ȧ̴̫̮v̸̫̙͝é̷̟̞͜ ̵̺̻͎́n̷͕̤̔́͝õ̸̼͇̒ ̶̤͂̊͘c̸͎̭͌l̸̡̰̟̏ů̵͉̟͖̏ê̶̞ ̸̯̺̅̐̉ĩ̴̱̄f̷͉͆ ̷̝̽͂͜I̴͓̥̳̍̈́͘ ̴͓͂̋̑ẅ̵̪̤ą̵̓͐͑͜ͅš̴̠͎͓̈́͠ ̸̰̓̄̂s̶̬̀ě̴͚̝͎͠ṅ̵̝̻̌͒t̵̖̫̤̽͝ ̴̧̲̞̋o̶͓͙͉̽v̴̢̑͛͝e̸̻͈͑̋͝r̴̹͎̺͂ ̵͉̂f̶̢̠̆̂r̷̫̽̑ͅo̴̖̺̣̿̈́͘m̶̢̨̧͆ ̸̈́̍̉͜ä̵̳̥n̶̨͗̕o̷̝͓͓͋̓͐t̶̫̤͉͑h̷̳̿̿̕ë̸̱͍r̵̭̀ ̶̝̮͐̌c̷̨̥̓͆ŏ̵̰̬͈ṉ̴̐̑t̵̥̟̿́ͅï̵̹̘̚͝ñ̵̛̘͘e̸̙̕n̶̝̑̑͊ẗ̸͖͔́̋ͅ ̵̭̅̐̀I̶̱̮͐ ̶̼̺̩͛̎͘d̸̗͌o̸̩͇̅̒͘ņ̷̰̟̉̐̆'̶̜̘̈t̵̢̮̬͒ ̸̜̌͗e̵̥͖̅̅v̷̡̱̯̚ë̶͚́͒͛n̸̬͋ ̵̞̙̹̔͌ḱ̴̬̮̗̈́n̶͉͆̚o̵̬̾͜͠w̴̮̮̚͝ ̸͓͓̼̓͗w̵̢͙̽̕ḫ̸̰͝e̴͇̜͒̄r̵̝̞̤̾͐e̶̯̩̯̿̽̐ ̵̡̛̝̯͑w̷̹̯͝e̴̳͊ ̶̧̰͋ḁ̷̟̜̃̽̍r̶̝̀̄̚e̷͖͈͈̎͌.̵͕̄” The wanderer said this a lil agitated at the questions that this human was asking,’Shouldn’t the human be more worried about what we should do now’.

 

The screeching was getting worse now for Erwin he had trouble even listening to this thing that claims to be a wanderer. His face showed an expression of pain,”Please just stop talking already you wanderer!” He said this with a hint of anger in his voice.

 

‘I guess he is a wanderer it is said in legends that they did have a voice that would cause deep irritation for humans and other similar beings’ 

 

The wanderer stopped talking at the request of this strange human,’why would a human even say please and why is he able to speak in the tongue of the western continent?’ these thoughts circulated the mind of the wanderer 

 

“Sigh” Erwin sighed as he looked at this wanderer he had only recently gotten to this cabin and already he had to deal with this thing. ‘I hope Mae is okay, honestly she's the person who has been with me over all these years...also Strana I hope he’s alive…’ Erwin decided to just leave the wanderer be for the time being and so he decided to slouch against a wall and think of his past.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

4 years ago on a rainy and stormy night there was a young boy outside of a small house who was slashing a training dummy apart with a wooden sword,the young boy’s hands were bleeding from him overtraining day after day after day.

 

The young boy had a constant look of anger in his eyes,a look which could kill. The young boy would strike the wooden training dummy over and over again never letting up,this was all in preparation to face a specific someone someone in a few years.

 

Someone called out to the young boy,the person who called out to the young boy was a woman with a sweet smile on her face. The boy just glared at the woman as he went back to striking the dummy over and over never letting up.

 

Eventually after a few hours the boy just dropped the sword and screamed,cursing at the person who had made him leave his home. As the young boy screamed tears started rolling down his cheeks. 

 

He was frustrated,frustrated at his helplessness at the time when he was kicked out of the place he lived. There was only one person there to comfort him though and that person was the person who he had glared at earlier.

 

She said to him “Please stop working yourself so hard young master you need rest okay” and she then started to stroke his hair like a mother would to their own child. The boy then calmed down and went inside with the woman.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Erwin slowly opened his eyes after witnessing an old memory of his from quite a while ago,The wanderer was leaning against the opposite wall to Erwin. Erwin decided to check his status just in case anything had changed.

 

‘Status’ per usual his status appeared in his mind.

 

Age: 12

Skills: Swordsmanship B-,Daggermanship C-,Fire magic D-,Body split [This skill allows the user to split themselves into two bodies the second body has ¾ of the originals strength],Leadership skill D-,Sound resistance F [This passive skill allows the user to resist sound based attacks to a certain extent]

Aura: Wrath [when fighting the user has a chance to absorb part of the opponents mana]

Affinity: Fire 

Mana: 11,000 [5,000 left]

 

‘Sound resistance huh this must be due to that wanderers voice...I didn’t know it was an attack thought,maybe they just can’t help it?’ Erwin was once again deep in thought,the wanderer decided to glance at Erwin now and again as if trying to figure out what the human was thinking about.

 

‘Huh it also seems that some of my mana has recovered from last time,even though it was a quick nap I think...is this once again due to this ‘trial’ this really is a strange place. I mean I even gained sound resistance somehow, a skill I have never heard of before...what is the truth behind this place’ Erwin had decided that he would find out what this trial actually was no matter what. His expression caused the wanderer to ask a question towards Erwin.

 

“W̴h̵y̷ ̶d̸i̷d̶ ̵y̷o̷u̵ ̸l̷e̶a̴v̵e̶ ̸m̴e̴ ̷a̶l̶i̴v̴e̵ ̶w̸h̸e̴n̷ ̷y̸o̷u̷ ̵h̴a̸d̷ ̸t̸h̷e̵ ̸c̵h̷a̸n̵c̸e̶ ̷t̷o̴ ̸k̴i̵l̴l̷ ̸m̷e̶?̶” The wanderer asked this and this time the screeching hurt Erwin a lot less. 

 

“Did you not hear that this was a ‘trial’ from that so-called administrator?” Although it was hard to make out the facial expression of the wanderer it seemed that he had a confused and perplexed look.

 

“W̶h̴a̶t̶ ̸i̵s̷ ̷t̷h̸i̶s̴ ̶a̴d̵m̷i̷n̵i̴s̵t̴r̵a̵t̶o̵r̴ ̸y̸o̶u̷ ̸a̶r̶e̶ ̷t̸a̷l̷k̸i̴n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̸o̵u̸t̵?̷” The wanderer was really confused at this point.

“When I first arrived I met this thing called an administrator,well I didn’t really meet him more like he talked to me in my head,did you not hear a voice in your head telling you where to go for this ‘trial’?” Erwin now was also confused. 

 

‘Was I the only one to hear the so-called administrator…’

 

“I̴ ̴d̸i̷d̸ ̷h̵e̴a̷r̶ ̵a̸ ̷v̶o̸i̴c̸e̸ ̵i̴n̸ ̸m̸y̶ ̵h̵e̷a̶d̵ ̴b̵u̶t̷ ̸a̸l̶l̶ ̷i̸t̵ ̶d̸i̷d̴ ̸w̶a̴s̶ ̷e̵x̵p̴l̸a̴i̷n̶ ̶t̴h̵a̵t̶ ̸t̶h̴e̴r̴e̷ ̸w̵a̸s̵ ̷a̴ ̸m̵e̷e̵t̷i̷n̶g̴ ̷p̵o̸i̶n̶t̴ ̶f̸o̷r̵ ̴p̸e̵o̵p̵l̷e̸.̵” The wanderer’s screech did not affect Erwin much this time.

 

“Did you try to ask it any questions?” 

 

“"̴.̷.̷.̵N̵o̵ ̶I̶ ̵d̸i̶d̴ ̸n̶o̸t̷ ̶I̷ ̸t̷h̷o̸u̴g̵h̵t̶ ̴i̷t̴ ̵w̵a̵s̵ ̶a̵ ̷v̴o̷i̵c̴e̴ ̷o̸f̴ ̴t̸h̸e̸ ̴g̷o̷d̴s̸.̴.̷.̴"̸ The wanderer said this in an embarrassed way,how could a wanderer mistake the voice of this so called ‘administrator’ for the great gods. 

 

“Alright i'll tell you all the information I got from the administrator then as long as you are willing to help me during this ‘trial’”. The wanderer just stood there thinking for a while before finally deciding on a decision. “”F̵i̸n̴e̶ ̵i̵'̵l̷l̸ ̵h̷e̴l̵p̷ ̶y̵o̷u̸ ̷d̴u̶r̸i̸n̶g̶ ̸t̵h̴i̴s̷ ̸d̶a̴m̸n̶ ̵t̷r̵i̷a̷l̵!”There was a hint of anger in its voice but Erwin decided to ignore this.

 

After 5 minutes had passed The wanderer now understood the trial a little better and what they must do during this trial. “S̵o̷ ̸w̷e̴ ̷s̷h̴o̵u̶l̶d̶ ̶t̶r̴y̵ ̴a̸n̷d̵ ̴f̴i̶n̴d̵ ̴t̴h̶e̴ ̵o̸t̴h̵e̷r̷ ̶t̵h̸e̵n̷?̶ ̴O̵r̸ ̷s̷h̷o̵u̶l̴d̸ ̶w̵e̷ ̶w̷a̵i̶t̶ ̶h̵e̵r̴e̴ ̶f̸o̷r̶ ̶a̶ ̸b̵i̵t̷ ̴t̶o̶o̸ ̶s̶e̷e̴ ̷i̷f̷ ̶a̵n̸y̴o̷n̴e̶ ̴e̴l̵s̴e̷ ̴c̷o̸m̵e̷s̶?̸” 

 

“I believe that we should wait just a bit longer and then just before nightfall we will go out and search for people,I mean we should rest up anyway” 

 

“Y̴e̵s̶” 

 

“I have just one question for you wanderer....why did you attack me as soon as you saw me?” Erwin asked this with a serious expression on his face,he had no idea why this wanderer would attack him for no reason.

 

The wanderer was silent for a while before finally coming out with an answer,”I̶ ̴h̸a̴v̵e̴ ̴n̶e̴v̷e̵r̵ ̴s̷e̸e̵n̷ ̴a̸ ̷h̶u̴m̸a̷n̷ ̸b̷e̷f̵o̷r̷e̸ ̶I̴n̶ ̴m̸y̶ ̷l̴i̴f̷e̸,̴,̷,̴I̶ ̸t̵h̸o̴u̶g̸h̶t̴ ̶y̸o̶u̸ ̵w̶e̴r̵e̶ ̴a̵ ̶d̸a̶n̷g̶e̷r̴ ̴t̴o̷w̸a̵r̵d̶s̵ ̷m̴e̶ ̵s̴o̶ ̴I̶ ̸a̴t̵t̷a̸c̴k̸e̴d̸ ̶y̶o̸u̴.̶” Erwin was a bit in shock at this 

 

“You’ve never seen a human before?...So that must mean that the separation of the continents was real”

 

“I̴ ̵d̸o̵n̸'̵t̷ ̴k̷n̶o̸w̷ ̸a̵b̵o̵u̴t̶ ̶t̶h̷e̶ ̴s̶e̴p̸a̶r̷a̶t̴i̷o̷n̷ ̶o̷f̴ ̸t̴h̷e̷ ̷c̴o̴n̷t̵i̸n̵e̶n̸t̶s̸ ̸p̵a̵r̷t̶ ̴b̸u̶t̶ ̷y̷e̷s̷ ̵I̴ ̷h̷a̸v̶e̶ ̶n̸e̸v̴e̶r̶ ̸s̵e̷e̸n̶ ̵a̸ ̷h̴u̸m̸a̴n̴ ̶b̸e̴f̵o̸r̶e̴ ̷y̸o̵u̴.̵” The wanderer just stared at Erwin as he answered back,this gave Erwin slight chills down his spine.

 

Erwin started to look over at the wanderer and finally noticed his arm had healed and that the sword he had used to stab the wanderer with had disappeared from the room as if it never existed.

 

“How did you heal? I could have sworn I dug my sword straight into your arm?” Erwin was thoroughly confused at this sight.

 

“I̶'̸m̴ ̷n̵o̸t̸ ̸s̷u̵r̵e̵ ̸m̵y̶ ̷s̵e̷l̶f̸ ̷b̵u̷t̴ ̷s̶o̵o̸n̸ ̸a̵f̶t̴e̶r̶ ̷y̸o̸u̴ ̵f̴e̵l̷l̵ ̵a̷s̶l̴e̸e̴p̵ ̸t̶h̷e̵ ̶w̷o̶u̷n̶d̵ ̶s̷t̷a̷r̶t̷e̷d̸ ̸t̴o̷ ̸h̸e̶a̶l̴ ̷a̵n̸d̴ ̷t̶h̷e̵ ̵s̴w̸o̷r̴d̷ ̵d̷i̶s̷a̶p̵p̷e̴a̸r̵e̴d̷ ̶” 

 

‘Could this be another event that is unique to the ‘trial’...So all we have to do is survive and we will most likely heal,this seems like it should be easy but I bet they’ll throw some real strong monsters at us’.

 

“Well we should rest for now,we need all the strength we can get” As soon as Erwin said that the wanderer lied down on the floor and soon fell asleep.

 

‘I hope we can get a good amount of sleep now…’ Erwin followed suit soon after.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Well once again that took a while,I hope you had a good time reading this cause I enjoyed writing it.

 

If you enjoyed it a lot please consider commenting and favoriting thank you. 

3