Arc 1 Chapter 99 – Throw in the towel
460 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noah’s eyes were wide and watery, every inch of his skin red, and his “natural” facial expression anything but natural. He attempted to meet Levi’s eyes because avoiding the other’s gaze would make him look guilty, but his poor acting nearly made Levi’s very good acting fall apart! He just looked like a trembling little rabbit trying to look brave and lock eyes with the wolf, only to falter and look down shyly. But then remember he was supposed to be brave, so look up again, but ah! Can’t look in the eyes! So embarrassed, ah!

(/≧ω\)

‘Oh, for the love of…!! Baby, that’s a foul!!’ Levi’s heart melted into a puddle from the overwhelming cuteness attack he had been subjected to. The corner of his mouth twitched imperceptibly, and he swallowed hard, the knot on his throat bobbing up and down. Thankfully for him, his acting was still passable, either due to his naturally thick face or the fact that his facial expressions were naturally less expressive than most people’s.

After what seemed like a very long moment, Levi broke the silence with one very casual, “Morning.”

Then as if he couldn’t see the gaping and speechless Noah, he very nonchalantly got out of the bed, and with a seemingly leisurely pace, made his way to the toilet.

‘Morning?! That’s it?? That’s all you are going to say?!?’

щ(゚Д゚щ)

‘What about what happened just now?! No comment?! Nothing?? Not a word?? You are not going to say a single thing?!?’

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Noah’s already completely red head started letting out steam from the outrage that had been added on top of his existing embarrassment.

For the first time, Noah realized why other people gritted their teeth when jeering about Astar Levi’s “golden mouth”. They weren’t mocking him for treasuring his words like gold – they gritted their teeth because they were trying their hardest to swallow down the mouthful of blood that rose up their throat when they expected an explanation, and all they got was a one-word response!!

While Noah was nearly foaming at the mouth from Levi’s nonchalance, Blackie stared at the man’s retreating back with great admiration. What great skill! To nearly shoot his load up another man’s ass and still pretend like nothing had happened! That level of shamelessness was truly worthy of respect!

Blackie did a virtual salute and decided to properly pay his homage to this great “hero”. He cleared his throat and interrupted his host’s fit with a simple, “What do you want him to say? What is there to explain? It’s obviously just morning wood. Why are you making such a big deal out of this?”

Noah was stumped by Blackie’s words. Indeed, wasn’t it normal for a healthy man to have an erection in the morning? Then… why was he making a big deal out of this?

Noah stood there very much at a loss, his head a jumbled mess. Looking back at it, it would seem that his brother-in-law didn’t actually do anything wrong? He just hugged him in his sleep like a pillow and had morning wood. Neither of which were something he could consciously control.

Noah smacked his forehead. Sometimes he could be really dense! Why was he throwing a fit now of all times?! Now was the time to pretend like he had seen nothing, lest his brother-in-law felt embarrassed about something that was a normal physiological reaction that happened to every guy once in a while!

Noah rubbed his stinging forehead and sighed. Why was he becoming so sensitive to every little thing? For Haven’s sake, he, a big man, was acting like a shy maiden guarding her chastity! A notion that was ridiculous enough by itself even before one took into account the absurdity of whom he was defending himself against!

Perhaps yesterday’s near-death took a bigger toll on him than he had thought…

Ah! Wouldn’t his brother-in-law feel greatly hurt if he noticed Noah subconsciously acting wary of him?! That won’t do!! He must reassure Levi that everything was absolutely 100% ok! That he trusted him wholeheartedly and was definitely not afraid or wary of him in any way!

Blackie: ‘…I can’t express enough how pleased I am that you are starting to worry about sending the wolf a wrong signal… but host, you are worrying about the wrong type of signal!!!’

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

‘Aren’t you afraid that that “trust” could be misinterpreted as consent?!? You know, sending an ok to having his dick up your ass?!?’ (◞‸ლ)

Noah really wasn’t worried about that, ah! In what kind of world would trusting your in-law be misinterpreted as an invitation to fuck?

Thanks to Blackie’s timely diversion, by the time Levi finished his business in the bathroom – the business which also included washing away the evidence by taking a shower – Noah had completely recovered from his mortifying embarrassment.

Just in time for another dose of mortifying embarrassment.

For Levi came out wearing only a small white towel around his family jewels.

Glistening droplets of water slid down his well-defined collar bones to the smooth curves of his naked chest, giving his 8-pack a hard to resist glow. He took powerful strides with his long legs, glancing towards Noah through his half-closed eyelids, his languid manner perfectly portraying the debouched allure of a vampire aristocrat.

When this nose-bleed-worthy sight fell into Blackie’s vision, what was evoked, naturally wasn’t a nose bleed, but a burst of loud snickers, ‘As expected from my host’s other half!’

And when the same seductive sight fell into Noah’s eyes, much to Levi’s dismay, what was triggered also wasn’t swooning, but a fight or flight response!!

The little white lamb Noah bolted for the door like his very life depended on it!

“Wait here, brother! I’ll go fetch you that change of clothes your mom sent over!”

Levi, who was just about to “accidentally” drop his towel in an attempt to seduce his baby: “…”

‘Smooth! Very smooth!’ Blackie’s chip crackled with how hard he was laughing as he watched the frozen form of Astar Levi standing alone within an empty bedroom in but a towel, looking very miffed.

Yet, the cherry on top only arrived moments later when Noah returned from his expedition. The flustered cabbage didn’t dare enter back in, so he cautiously reached into the room with his slender white arm and very awkwardly shook the bundle of clothes up and down as if to say “hurry up and take them.”

Levi, who had been waiting for his baby to come back in so he can very naturally shed his towel with an excuse of wearing new clothes: “…”

Blackie looked at his host’s demeanor resembling a man throwing food to a rabid dog over the fence, afraid of getting bitten, and lit a candle for Levi in his heart, ??? ‘Oi, champ, is dropping the towel the only move you know? Do you want me to look up some seduction tips for you? ? Or were you trying to “throw in the towel”? In which case, congrats, you nailed it!’

Levi: (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Noah: “In what kind of world would trusting your in-law be misinterpreted as an invitation to fuck?”

Author: “…BL novel world?” (; ゚ 3゚ )~♪

P.S. You guys will be happy to know that this is the last time Noah will be able to pretend like nothing inappropriate had just happened. Next time, Levi will be eating some meat. (¬‿¬) 

In fact, if Levi didn't need to hurry to the toilet due to you-know-what, this scene would have played out differently.

4