Arc 1 Chapter 103 – Two-three days sleeping together unsupervised?!
434 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The city lord of Concordia stood there awkwardly, realizing that all his plans were an exercise in futility. Yet, the only thing that popped up in his mind at that moment was, ‘That’s what?! Two-three days sleeping together unsupervised?!’ ?

Cordia daddy nearly toppled over on the spot; the imagined article headlines he would be forced to deal with in the coming days made his head spin.

Noticing his father’s face that was turning green, Noah figured he was embarrassed. Not wanting to make the awkward situation even more awkward, Noah acted to disperse the crowd. He gently pushed Levi in the direction of the room the butler had prepared for him yesterday. The luggage Astar mommy sent for him yesterday would come in very handy for today’s trip.

Levi’s thoughts were instantly redirected from the embarrassment that was his father-in-law to the fact that his baby was initiating physical contact with him. Ah, ah, baby touching his arms and back! So happy~

Noah gave Cordia mommy a pleading glance, and the woman who was well versed in reading facial cues stepped up to take Levi to the mentioned room personally. She ruthlessly turned away from her husband’s stiff figure as if she couldn’t see him and merrily led Levi further down the hallway.

Levi wistfully looked back towards his baby a couple of times but then resolved himself to get this over with as quickly as possible. That way, he would be able to get back to his baby asap.

Left alone with his father, Noah very considerately patted the other’s back, “That’s very thoughtful of you, dad.” Then he sighed, “But if you can’t put the other bed close enough to my bed, then the whole point of us sleeping together would be lost. After all, brother-in-law needs to be inside my passive soothing field.”

Noah rubbed his chin and looked as if he was counting on his fingers, “The best effect would be if he is less than 1 meter away.” With that said, he patted his old man again on the shoulder and walked past him into the room.

Cordia daddy’s face had turned to stone at this point, ‘What do you mean less than 1 meter away?! Wouldn’t we have to place the two beds right next to each other?! What’s the point of two beds if you could just roll over from one bed to the other?!’

Cordia daddy’s green face turned purple, ‘Less than 1 meter!! Sleep on top of each other, why don’t you?!’ Abruptly, the city lord’s eyes widened, and he slapped his forehead, “Bunk bed!” Why didn’t he think of that earlier?! That would solve both the issue of space within the room and the issue of the two being close enough to each other!!

With his faith in this little project restored, Cordia daddy’s confidence soared once again, and he motioned the staff to stop what they were doing. No, no, no! Take that other bed back and go get a bunk bed!

***

It didn’t take Noah long to pack. The resort where they would be staying for the next couple of days was owned by Levi’s family, and they would be staying in the presidential suite that had first class service. According to Levi, who often went to the resort when he wanted to be alone, the hotel would send in a Cleanser daily to make both the room and their laundry fresh and clean. Thus Noah only needed to pack the very basic necessities and a single change of clothes.

Just as he had finished putting the last piece inside and snapped his luggage shut, Noah’s communicator rang. It was a call from his missing-in-action sister.

The mentioned sister had just woken up and was trying to decide whether to call her fiancé. Or rather, whether her fiancé had calmed down enough to have a reasonable productive conversation with others.

As she was torn between calling and not calling, she scrolled through her social media, only to find out that her fiancé would be having a bachelor party tomorrow. She gaped at the words that came straight from her fiancé’s social media account (that he didn’t even use), thinking his account might have been hacked.

But then she saw her own little brother forwarded the announcement and was left speechless.

( ゚Д゚)

Just what happened these few days?! How come her fiancé, the loner wolf Astar Levi, who despised parties with a passion, suddenly decided to hold a bachelor party?!

Something fishy was going on here! (≖_≖)

In order to convince him to hold a proper bachelor party, she had previously written a moving speech, yet was still unceremoniously shot down!

〒▽〒

In the end, to prevent herself from looking like an overly controlling wife that didn’t even let her groom have one last boys’ night out, she told everyone that neither her fiance nor she were planning on holding a party.

And now this pig-headed teammate went and told everyone he’d be holding a party anyway!

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Damnit all! If he was having a party, she sure as hell will be having a glorious party too!!!

But first… – the eldest Cordia sibling bravely opened up her light screen interface to call her little bro – …need someone reliable to clarify the situation.

As soon as her call was answered, before her little brother could say a word of greeting, she shot out a barrage of words. She had a lot to say and a lot to ask, but some things needed to be said first before she could get to her main point.

In summary, she was very apologetic about turning her communicator off yesterday (and promised never to do so again), and sorry she wasn’t there for the two of them. After repeatedly asking how they were and receiving repeated assurance that both of them were fine, the eldest Cordia sibling still wasn’t quite convinced.

Usually, her fiancé could really hold a grudge; how come it only took him one night to get over it? And if he had really gotten over it, how come he hasn’t contacted her at all this morning? Was he waiting for her to grovel and apologize before he would “magnanimously” forgive her? That did sound like something he would do.

Noah’s sister rubbed her forehead and remembered the guilt-inducing message her brother had sent her yesterday. She took a glass of water from the dispenser, wetting her throat that was parched due to the word barrage she had just shot out, and then very apologetically squeaked, “Little bro, I… I am so sorry I’ve dumped entertaining Levi to you these days! I know he can be quite a handful!”

“Not at all,” Noah let out a musical chuckle, “You can ‘dump’ brother-in-law to me anytime!”– Blackie’s snicker was once again completely ignored by his host – “I haven’t had this much fun in years!”

The other end of the line fell into silence. Noah had to check his light screen to see whether the call had gotten disconnected.

Nope. His sis should still be on the line?

And indeed, the weak voice of his sister could be heard soon after, “Is…”–she gulped– “…he right next to you?” He must be, right?! The killjoy Astar Levi? Fun?? Hah! She didn’t believe a word of it!  

Noah raised his eyebrows, “No, he is busy packing for the trip in the guest room.”

Noah’s sister paused again, then she let out a rather dry laugh, “You guys… really hit it off, huh?” Thinking about it, when Levi had “broken off” their engagement last night, he mentioned changing the bride to her little brother. And Levi was the kind of person that would never make empty threats. This meant that Astar Levi must have gotten along rather well with her little brother, to the point that he would indeed be willing to change the bride if things didn’t go his way.

Noah, unaware of the complicated feelings of his sister, nodded as an answer to her question. However, remembering that the other side couldn’t see him, he was forced to voice out his agreement, “Yeah! Brother-in-law is great!“

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a great time with your friends and family. Or your books/games/hobbies. As my gift for you, you'll be getting some juicy extra chapters on New Year.

4