Arc 1 Chapter 127 – …you want to go for another round?
367 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Levi wanted to search those beautiful amber eyes for signs of emotion again. Wanted to confirm his baby didn’t dislike him. And hoped that maybe, just maybe those two gems would reflect the same intense feelings that were currently coursing through his own veins.

Impulsively, Levi’s restless hand flew to lift his baby’s chin to face him. But halfway there, he realized that locking eyes with his baby right now would be like adding oil onto his fire. Thus his hand changed directions to entangle himself in his darling’s hair instead.

After Levi’s hand reached out, for a brief moment, Noah thought the other wanted to caress his face. Yet confronted with that possibility, instead of recoiling back, Noah’s feet stood rooted to the spot as if they had been welded to the ground.

Each one of his body parts remained frozen entirely in place. Even his eyes dared not look up. They glued themselves to his feet with such concentration it was as if he was worried his toes would be swallowed by the gluttonous carpet monster the very next second.

When Levi’s hand slid past Noah’s face to rest on his head, though Noah’s little heart thrashed within his ribcage like a wild mare, his form, in complete contrast, still remained perfectly still.

Rationally Noah knew that things were no longer the same, that he should widen the distance between himself and Levi, but not a single body part listened to reason. From beginning to end, he remained motionless, letting Levi touch and caress as he pleased.

The other’s large hands were warm and gentle, their touch both comfortable and uncomfortable. Comfortable for it felt so very pleasant, uncomfortable for it evoked an unfamiliar itch within Noah’s heart.

Levi took long steady breaths to calm down his inner fire. He gently stroked his baby’s silky hair, unsure whether it was in an attempt to appease his restless little kitten or to relieve his own need for intimacy.

Every inch of his baby was testing the limits of his self-control. Not knowing where to look, Levi’s gaze wandered until he again caught sight of his darling’s cute curled little toes. His breath caught in his throat, and he tightly shut his eyes. Why was it that even seeing something as innocent as fingers and toes could still fan the flames of his desires?? His darling was simply a bewitching little incubus!

“Don’t walk around barefoot; you’ll catch a cold,” Levi murmured softly, his voice low and raspy.

The sensual whisper traveled through Noah’s ears into his heart, making everything it passed through feel unbearably ticklish. Nonetheless, he nodded his head very obediently.

Levi eyed his docile little rabbit, and a devious glint flashed within his blue eyes. He leaned closer to his baby’s neon pink ear, his hot breath puffing against it, “Mn? Not getting dressed? Could it be…?” His voice dropped low, his timbre carrying with it a dangerous allure, “…you want to go for another round?“

Noah, “…!” QAQ

Noah’s round eyes widened into saucers in an instant, and the previously-frozen-in-place little rabbit lunged for the closet like his little ass was on fire.

Levi’s hand hung in the air for a while before he recovered. Then his eyes involuntarily curved and from his throat rumbled out a low chuckle.

***

The older of the two Cordia siblings laid in her bed, staring at the ceiling. Ever since last night, she had been waiting for her fiancé to return her calls but let alone a call, she didn’t even receive a text message!

Her two eyes, which were by now full of unspoken complaints, eyed the clock on the wall.

Levi had always been an early bird. He should have long gotten up by now. So why was he not even letting out a peep? Even if he hadn’t seen the missed calls last night, what about this morning?!

Why was his communicator still set to do-not-disturb? Was he really ignoring her?!

What was going on in his head?!? –The pitiful woman felt like her hair would start falling out from worry any time now.

Her gaze lowered towards the date displayed below the time, the sight of which was currently very piercing to the eyes. The wedding was in three days, ah!! 〒▽〒 If she didn’t coax this big man-child by then, would he really stand her up at the altar?!

“…”

Yep. He would definitely do it… ○| ̄|_

‘Gosh! What’s all this about?!’ –The indignant bride aggressively grabbed the fluffy cat pillows on her bed and with great force threw them to the…!

…Other side of the bed. Of course she wouldn’t throw them on the ground to appease her temper tantrum! Her cute pillows shouldn’t be mistreated like that! Throwing them around the bed was good enough!

After venting out some of her frustration through messing up the pillow formation, the oldest Cordia sibling rolled out of bed and trotted over to her mother drinking coffee in the living room.

“Mom!” Her whine carried two parts curiosity, three parts urgency, and five parts indignance.

“Yes, sweetie?” Cordia mommy reflexively replied.

“Yesterday, you told me that my wedding is in jeopardy and to talk to Levi ASAP!”

Cordia mommy halted her sipping and cautiously scanned her daughter up and down. Judging by her daughter’s current mood… “…you still haven’t talked to him?”

The mentioned daughter’s burning eyes locked onto her mother, and her hands grabbed Cordia mommy’s shoulder. “Mom! Spit it out!”

“…What???” Cordia mommy’s eyes bulged out, and she spat out her coffee in a panic. “Why?? What’s wrong with my coffee?!”

Her daughter momentarily froze in shock, then shook her head helplessly, “No! I didn’t mean spit it out literally! I meant, spit it out, metaphorically! Tell me, why is Levi throwing a tantrum!”

Cordia mommy eyed the spit that was now floating in her coffee cup resembling milk foam and couldn’t help but give her daughter a reproachful look. With veins bulging on the back of her hand, she put down her cup on the table.

“He isn’t throwing a tantrum…” Cordia mommy wiped her mouth with a napkin, mulling over how to word it.

One very confused Healer tilted her head uncomprehendingly. What else would you call her fiancé’s current behavior if not a tantrum??

Noticing her daughter’s skepticism, Cordia mommy was forced to elaborate. But first… “Sweetie, you better…” Cordia mommy patted the seat next to her, “…sit down. Have breakfast first…”

“No! Stop delaying!” Her daughter stomped her feet, “Spit it out! Right now!”

“Ai…” Cordia mommy sighed, “Your fiancé…” she sighed again, “he is… smitten with someone else…”

Sure enough. As soon as the words left her mouth, her daughter’s eyeballs nearly popped out of her head. And she missed the chair she had been lowering her butt into.

With a high-pitched screech, her pitiful daughter desperately grabbed at the chair, only to topple over along with the chair. The loud crash was hair-raising, yet the first thing that came out of the victim’s mouth wasn’t an ouch, but a shrill “…What did you just say?!?!”

***

When Trey returned to his room last night, he still couldn’t get rid of his inner restlessness. He felt as if he, a conscientious shepherd, left his sheep in a wolf den for the night! How could he just peacefully go to bed knowing that at this very moment, that pitiful little lamb might be getting swallowed inside a stomach of a big bad wolf!?

Fynn saw the other agitatedly pacing up and down in his peripheral vision and just couldn’t concentrate on his work. He closed his light screen with a sigh. “What are you worrying about? The glass windows of the suite are completely bulletproof. And the walls and doors of the presidential suite are half a meter thick – even a cannon wouldn’t be able to get through.”

Trey stiffened but otherwise did not respond.

Fynn languidly scanned the other up and down, “But you already knew that so, I take it, the cause of your worry is not due to outside threats?”

Trey’s eyebrows furrowed, and his lips pressed tightly together. His lack of verbal response carried with it silent admittance.

Fynn sighed again; he wasn’t the type to beat around the bush, thus… “It’s not your duty to protect him from getting laid.”

That brutal statement finally made Trey unable to keep quiet. “If it’s not a bodyguard’s duty to prevent his boss from being physically taken advantage of, then whose duty is it?!”

3