Chapter 7
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bai Geomjeong let Hwan Bul drag her to a certain area of Hwan Bul's courtyard. In the furthest corner of the courtyard stood a beautiful man. He could even cause men to give him another glance.

uv66D2q.jpg

"Patriarch Chang Soo-Yun, this is my little Ancestress, Bai Geomjeong. Bai Girl, this is Patriarch Chang Soo-Yun who will be your instructor in everything you want to learn. He is the best of the best so no need to worry." Hwan Bul smiled gently at Bai Geomjeong before looking to Patriarch Chang Soo-Yun.

"Please take care of my Bai Girl. If I hear even a whisper of complaint from her lips." The glare from Hwan Bul was enough, there was no need for him to even finish the sentence. The statement was loud and clear for everyone to understand.

Patriarch Chang Soo-Yun looked a little stunned for several seconds before recomposing himself and puts on a gentle smile that was genuine. "I promise, Ancestor, that if there is anything that I do to upset the Little Ancestress, I shall punish myself after I have received my punishment from the Ancestor." Patriarch Chang Soo-Yun bowed at a 90-degree angle showing his loyalty and dedication to the Ancestor.

Hwan Bul smiled in satisfaction as he gently pushed Bai Geomjeong towards Patriarch Chang Soo-Yun.

"Bai Girl, I would like for you and Patriarch Chang Soo-Yun to talk and get to know each other. I need to get a couple of things settled before we have the ceremony for you." Bai Geomjeong nodded in understanding. "Grandfather, when will be the ceremony?"

Hwan Bul thought for a little while before answering. "The ceremony will be held two days from this day. There is no need for you to worry about anything. Everything will be taken care of for you. All you would need to do is show your pretty face Bai Girl." Hwan Bul patted Bai Geomjeong's head with much care. So much, in fact, such gentleness actually frightened Patriarch Chang Soo-Yun.

The Ancestor Hwan Bul was known for his fierce demeanor and fiery temper. A man who may put on a smile for the public eye but it would never show through his eyes. Not even the closest of the Elders or the Patriarch of the Blazing Flame Sect have seen such a genuine smile on this Ancestor.

'Who is this Little Ancestress that put such a caring smile on the Ancestors' face?' Patriarch Chang Soo-Yun thought as he looked back and forth in between the Ancestor and Little Ancestress.

"Thank you, Grandfather." Though Bai Geomjeongs' face was as stoic as ever, the slightest redness caressed Bai Geomjeongs' cheeks making her look absolutely adorable. Hwan Buls' face turned even softer at the sight.

"You're welcome." And with that, Hwan Bul walked away with an added liveliness in his steps.

Bai Geomjeong and Patriarch Chang Soo-Yun both watched as Hwan Bul walked away until they couldn't see his back anymore. Turning towards Bai Geomjeong, Patriarch Chang Soo-Yun smiled his gentle smile and spoke in a soft tone. "Little Ancestress, if you don't mind telling me about the Little Ancestress, please do. In return, I will tell the Little Ancestress about myself. How does that sound?"

Bai Geomjeong acknowledged this with a nod of her head.

"As you may know, I was raised in an orphanage all my life. I was told that my parents were found dead in the forest nearby to the orphanage and were seemingly mauled by a high-rank demon beast. The orphanage was seemingly forced to take me in and never took great care of me. I was treated like a worker of the orphanage and beaten if I made any mistakes." Bai Geomjeong spoke as if she were speaking of a story that was not her own but someone else's story. There was no emotion in her voice, no sadness, only indifference.

Patriarch Chang Soo-Yun was at first looking at Bai Geomjeong with sympathy but that look in his eyes soon turned into reverence.

'Such a small child going through such trials and tribulations and yet she still stands here with her back straight and her head high. This child is even stronger than most men in this world in just mental strength alone. Imagine if she were to cultivate this mental strength, she would become a monster as she grows older.'

Patriarch Chang Soo-Yun can already see a future where the name Ancestress Bai Geomjeong would be spoken of and heard all across the continent. It was just only a matter of time before it happens.

Hu Sun-Hi stood to the side with tears prickling her eyes. With just a singular thought in her mind, her heart was steaded with unwavering loyalty that will last all her life.

0