Chapter 14: Family
3.6k 9 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting out of our room, Susan blows it off like the thing never happened. She tries to act calm and collected, but I can see the worry in her face. Even I am worried about myself. Just by mistakenly taking off the bracelet, it could set open the pandora’s box. But right now I needed to be strong. If my woman can’t rely on me, then what worth will I be?

“Susan, no need to be uncomfortable. It’ll be fine.” I give a weak smile as I comfort her. She smiles back before gleefully hugging me. Her wavering gaze glances at my face before making a distorted smile, one filled with emotions.

“Thank you, Mike. I needed that.” I don’t try to reject her, instead, I embrace her too. Whatever is the problem, we will get through it together.

We take our mind off the problem by acting normal. We leave the premises, leaving our worries along with it. There’s nothing we can’t pull through with each other’s support. Susan turns to me after we get outside.

“Ready to meet your new family? I think you will get along with them very well.”

“If you say so, I just hope I don’t make a poor impression”

Susan boops my nose and snickers.

“Don’t worry. It’ll be fine, they are all friendly people.”

We get into another taxi and head to our new home. I can’t help but expect what they might be like.

___

We finally reached Susan’s home. To explain it in simple words, it is quite normal. It’s the typical middle-class house you can see anywhere. A two-storey house with a lawn. Maybe slightly bigger than the average, but it’s not that significant.

Susan walks up to the door and opens it.

“I am home,” she shouts. I can hear the sounds of footsteps getting nearer. I gulp from the nervousness. I am finally going to meet Susan’s family, I have to make a good impression at least.

“Sweetie, welcome back!” I hear a jovial voice greeting Susan. She rushes up to Susan and pulls her into her embrace.

“You didn’t even inform us you’ll be back. Isn’t your surveillance program still going? Wait, who is this male…?”

The girl who looks like a slightly mature version of Susan is busy hugging her until she noticed me. Her eyes widen as she stares at me for a few seconds.

“Susan, don’t tell me. You got a boyfriend!?” She exclaims while focusing back at her daughter.

Susan blushes for a bit as her eyes wander around. She must be feeling embarrassed.

“Yeah… Mike is my boyfriend. I met him while we were in the shelter.” As Susan introduces me, she blushes even further. Her flustered looks are really cute.

“Mom, stop embarrassing me in front of my boyfriend.” She says while trying to pry away her clingy mother. Wait, that’s her mother? I was under the impression that’s her elder sister.

“Hmm…” Susan’s mother hums as she gets off Susan. Her eyes explore around my entire body, assessing me.

“Susan, you got yourself a fine man, he’s pretty cute. I am happy my daughter has finally grown up.” She smiles while telling her daughter. Susan looks angry. It looks like she wanted to end this meeting as quickly as possible.

“Hello Mike, I am Isabel. Please treat my daughter well. I am glad to see Susan finally getting herself a man after the lack of interest she showed toward them. I was almost afraid she would end up single forever despite the opportunity gifted to her.” I hear something interesting. Susan who is standing beside her mother is now blushing redder than a tomato.

“Yes ma’am, I will treat your daughter well!”

“Oh, no need to be so courteous. We’re a family now. Please call me mother.” She tells me with a mature smile.

“Yes, m-mommy!”

All of us stand still for a moment. Wait, did I just say mommy? Both Susan and Isabel stare at me for a second. Due to my nervousness, I blurted something extremely shameful. I can feel the heat rising in my face. Someone kill me, please.

Isabel stares blankly for a few more moments before raising her voice.

“Oh my god, he’s so cute!” She squeals before bringing me into a tight bear hug. Her arms pull me towards her chest as I get suffocated in the soft pillowy bags of death. I try to apologize, but my voice is muffled. I am unable to resist her strength.

“Aww Mike, can you call me mommy again?” She says while wiggling my head around. I couldn’t tell earlier, but she seems to be more well endowed than Susan. Will Susan also grow big like her?

“Mom, get off my boyfriend!” Susan forcefully tugs her mother’s arm away, finally allowing me to take a breather.

“Ah, sorry Mike, I just got a wee bit excited.” She apologizes while patting me. But Susan is having none of that. She pulls me away from her mother and presses her breast against my arm.

“No more touching!” She scolds her mother with a growling expression.

“Okay, okay. You guys come in first. I’ll prepare a meal. You must be starving, right?”

Both of us agree as we come inside the house.

“Mom, did sis come back? Did she bring any gifts?” I can hear a distant shout from upstairs. It must be the sister Susan was talking about earlier.

“Doesn’t seem like it. But she brought home something much more special. Come, take a look!” Isabel shouts back.

I can hear someone running. It resonates from the stairs. Soon, another girl appears down the steps. I am amazed when I see her. She also looks like Susan, except this time, slightly smaller. It might be something common amongst monster girls, their genes may be more dominant than humans. Even though the girl is shorter and smaller in almost all aspects, her endowment is just the same as Susan’s.

Her dash comes to a halt when she looks at me.

“W-who is that?” She stutters as she points at me.

“Hi Amelia, meet Mike. He’s my boyfriend.” Susan gloats to her sister. Amelia starts to look frustrated.

“That’s unfair! Why did sis get a boyfriend before me! She isn’t even interested in men.”

“What’s unfair? I went through the surveillance program and got to meet him. If you want to get a guy inside a shelter, then you just need to get chosen for it too.”

Amelia mutters in dissatisfaction, “you know how hard it’s getting through the prerequisites. I am not good at studies in the first place.”

It seems they both were unconcerned whether or not I am there. Maybe her sister already thinks of me as a family, or I just don’t enter her eyes. Probably the latter. Still, I feel a bit hurt when she took me so lightly. While both of them were quarrelling, I see a pair of dog ears perk up behind the staircase. They were floppy like a golden retriever’s. Looking closely, there is long flowing hair with a light brunette shade. A pair of emerald eyes peek at me. After noticing that I had discovered her, she immediately hid behind the staircase.

“Um, who is she?” I silently ask Isabel, but it seems I may have interrupted their argument. They follow my sight and stare behind the stairs.

“Oh, that’s Amber. She’s temporarily living with us since her mother’s been busy. Amber, come greet Susan and Mike.” Isabel explains while calling out to Amber. The girl nods her head sideways.

“Sorry, she is just shy of strangers unlike other dog girls. I am sure she’ll get used to you later. Anyway, let’s get you to your new room since you will be living with us.” Said Isabel.

“No, Mike will live with me!” Susan claims while clinging to my arm.

“Susan, your room is too small for two people and I am sure he would appreciate some private space. Isn’t that right, Mike?” Isabel rebukes while glancing at me.

“Yeah, having my own room would be better if it’s not inconvenient,” I answered her. Susan pouts in disappointment. I can’t give in to her wishes, though. We just started dating, I would be a nervous wreck if I had to stay near Susan all the time.

“Okay, Mike. Follow me, I’ll lead you to our room.” Isabel says while guiding me. I am finally part of a family again, huh? It feels nice. I almost forgot how it feels to live together with someone.

I will have to get used to this new life.

74