[1] Legacy Grounds (1)
169 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

D City

Flame Corporation Branch Office

...

"So what you mean to tell me is that you've been working for half a month on a project that should've taken a single day?" A woman sat behind desk, her legs crossed, exposing a bit of her milky white thighs.

"When you put it like that, it does indeed sound a little bad on my pa-" Before he could finish, she leaned forward and looked him in the eye.

"Pack your things. We don't need someone who doesn't contribute to anything and just takes money for granted." She sat down with a displeased expression on her delicate face.

"So I'm fired? Really? Am I really fired?" Kaden asked as he lost his composure a bit.

"Yes, now that you have been notified, I'll send the official documents lat-"

"I'm finally fricking free! I don't have to wake up at six anymore either!" Kaden smiled in relief as he patted his chest.

"Thanks for doing this, how about I treat you to a meal or something?" Kaden asked with gratitude evident in his gaze.

"Y-you? W-what?" Helena couldn't even form a reply as she watched Kaden take off his keycard and placed it on her desk.

"Well, it's been a good run, but I gotta go so bye." Kaden turned and left with a bright grin.

Stepping out of the office, Kaden walked to his desk, ignoring the gazes of his former co-workers and started to pack his things.

"Ha? Did you finally get fired you good for nothing?" A sneering voice made Kaden turn around, however he wasn't angry at all.

"Yup! So I don't have to deal with your snobby attitude anymore." Kaden turned back and slid his belongings into a box beneath his desk.

As for the other things, he swept them into the trash and then stood up and grabbed his box happily.

"Well bye guys." Kaden headed for the door when the office door burst open and Helena walked our with a sour expression on her face.

"Kaden, your resignation papers have been revoked. You are still assigned to the Finance Department." Helena herself couldn't believe it when she got a call from the secretary of the CEO of Flame Corporation.

When the secretary told her to rescind the resignation procedure, she was dumbfounded!

How could a good for nothing lazy guy be related to the CEO of Flame Corporation at all? Was the world spinning in reverse.

The Flame Corporation CEO was a bright star in the sky while Kaden was a worm in the ground!

Kaden's merry mood vanished and he looked on in despair when he heard Helena's words. 

"Damn it! If he wasn't my friend, I'd swear he was my mortal enemy!" Kaden felt aggrieved as he headed back to his desk and sat down with a deflated aura.

6