Chapter 6- High risk, high gain
194 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV: Mael

As I  sank into a deep sleep, my soul started to slowly connect to the spiritual realm.

The spiritual realm, one of the mysterious  realm in existence and mostly referred as the dream realm  by the mortals.

whenever anyone goes to sleep they subconsciously enters here, create there own pseudo world, and spend there time in that world till they wake up. This is what mortals refers to as dream.

 What I like about this realm is the absence of concrete concept of space in here, thus we can be anywhere we want, nulling the concept of distance.

"You are late lord Mael." A sudden calm voice woke me from my state of  absentmindedness.

"Work" I replied as I looked towards the giant turtle standing to my left.

Turty, a giant sky coloured turtle whose height far surpassed me, he is one of the few primordial beast under my command, and is one of the three beasts who have condensed the law of dreams in our plane.

"Venus"

"Yes, yes. Venus, I know. I definitely didn't forget your name."

"I know, It's just me refreshing your memory, milord." Tur- no Venus said with a knowing smile.

"Did Morpheus arrive ?" I asked.

"Not yet, but there is something you should be focusing on, milord." He said in a serious tone.

"Hoo! what is it?" He piqued my interest as he is someone who never interfered in anything other than his progress in law comprehension.

"The fairy of light; Alice is planning a rebellion"

"Ohooo...?"

And what does that has to do with me. Some random fairy did some random something in some random region, why should I even take note of it. Unless.. don't tell me..

"I know what are you are thinking milord, 'why should I even bother with some random fairy's random life', but you see, that said random fairy is your second in command apart from Gramr."

"A rebellion in my faction.." I said in an amused tone.

"Yes, that's why you should return back immediate-"

"Don't wanna."

"Huh?!! What?" His eyes lost focus up on my response.

"I said, I won't be coming back."

"Is it because, you have some urgent matter to attend to, then I can report it to Gram-"

"Don't."

So Blacky's name is Gramr. I should note it down. Though it doesn't matter as I will probably forget in time.

"You see Venus, those runts can revolt, run away and even goof of, unless they try to demand or steal my treasures."

"But, many of  our primordials are in this revolt milord, if we allow it to happen we will loose a  significant part of our clan's strength" He said with a worried look.

"Venus my boy, do you think I need them? The only reason I took you lot in back then was because of pity and my whim. I who have survived alone back then, can survive alone now too."

"But-"

" You listen here Turty. There are no buts in my decision once it is set in stone, do you understand?"

"Bu-"

 "End of story, so be a good turtle and  change the subject." I cut him off with a heavy tone.

I can confidently for one say that this turtle would never participate in something as bothersome as a coup. Turty is one of the few primordials with not much of an ambition. He is a simple turtle who is happy as long as he gets a comfortable and danger free home. Typical turtles.

"He sure is running late, even when this is supposed to be the day on which we are supposed to make history which will be forever imprinted in the river of time."

"Well you can't blame him milord. If our little stunt is successful then all three of us will able to ignite our condensed laws and take one major step in to our grand paths and-." Turty trailed off his sentence at the end.

"And?"

"On second thought, you are right milord. How dare he make me wait in achieving my grand path. Let him come, I will crave the word 'punctuality' in to his tiny head-" As Turty kept on speaking, his words started to get laced with his anger.

As expected, his switch flipped. He takes anything related to his power too seriously.

"Hehe.. Don't kill me of Venus.. I'm only a little late as I had to arrange something  in advance in my clan in case this work too longer than we expected." A voice echoed from faraway.

A large white owl suddenly came to existence in front of us, marking the arrival of the one who we have been waiting. Morpheus, one of the three primordials of the numerous who condensed the law of dreams. He is the first among  the three of us to condense the law of dreams and is an expert in the field of spiritual world unlike me.

"Anyway as I was saying, urgent work came so-"

"Lets just get to work shall we." Turty said in impatience.

"Then let's get to work. Mael, Venus, you know what will happen if our little project is successful, right? We will be able to ignite our condensed law and make a qualitative change to our power. On top of that we three will gain partial control over the spiritual world."

Control over a realm that is on par with the material world, sweet. Even if it is only a partial and incomplete one.

In terms of size, the spiritual realm rivals the universe itself. so gaining control over it even if it only an incomplete one is a major achievement.

"Then let's start"

Each of us released our condensed law from our spiritual body. The three green coloured condensed law of dreams started to glow as they were exposed to the spiritual world. They were made of ethereal energy congested together to form a semi-gaseous state.

"Try to connect to the core region." Morpheus voice rang.

Initiating...

Establishing connection to the core.....

Connection failed....

Restarting connection..

Connection failed...


A sequence of failures started to ring in my mind. Since it is an expected outcome, I didn't show any frustration.

"As expected, there are no holes to exploit up on. Mael, Venus, Like planned go for brute force method."

""On it""

I, Turty and Morpheus started to concentrate our spirit energy onto a single point. The defense mechanism of spiritual world is near perfect and there is no opening for us to exploit up on. So instead of a backdoor, we thought of the most straight forward method: Brute force, that's right, by using our spiritual strength to the extreme on a single point in space till it gives out. And like expected the spiritual energy in the surrounding started to twist until a clear crack was made in the space.

"Quickly make the connection, we won't have a chance like this anymore after marked by the  spiritual world." Morpheus said in an hurry.

That's to be expected, by now the spiritual world must have marked us three  as dangerous entities that are harmful to the spiritual world. So if we fail here, we won't have a next chance even with the brute force method.

Initiating...

Establishing connection to the core.....

Connection failed....

Restarting connection..

Connection failed...

Restarting connection..

Connection failed...


No worry, the core will run of energy any second now with three of ours combined non-stop attacks

Restarting connection..

Connection failed...

Restarting connection..

Connection established....

Finally..

"I'm in"

"Me too"

"Me too"

Our voice rang in succession.

Visiting the source....

Entered the source...

Requesting spiritual imprints...


Yes, I'm in. Now..

"You two, the crack is closing. Make as many spiritual imprints as possible."

"No need to tell us that Morpheus, we are already on it." I said.

Number of spiritual imprints established:2

Number of spiritual imprints established:5

Number of spiritual imprints established:8

..............................

Since I was busy concentrating with making as many imprints as possible I completely ignored the number of imprints I established and even stopped listening whatever the other two were saying.

Connection lost..

Restarting connection..

Connection failed...


Until I lost the connection. Tch, So it's finally over.

"So how much imprints did you guys make?" Morpheus question brought me out of the daze.

"How much did you make, Morpheus?" Turty asked.

"1653, and you?"

"1619, What about you milord?" Turty asked in excitement.

"1531" I  said in a nonchalant manner.

It's low compared to the other two, but I'm content with that amount. This is to be expected as these two have dabbled in to spirituality way before I even condensed the law of dream. Due to the low number of spiritual imprints that I made, I may have less control over the spiritual plane than Turty and Morpheus, but in the first place, that's not the reward we were looking for with the dangerous stunt that we pulled, it's something like a freebie for what we were expecting.

"Are you guys seeing this?" Morpheus asked in a excited voice as the three cyan coloured condensed law before us started showing sign of spark on them.

"It's finally happening!"

"Finally, it's time to reap our reward."

The stunt was pulled to gain more understanding to the law dreams. And what's more efficient than forcefully tearing a hole to the core where the source of the law of dreams is located and gaining instant enlightenment necessary for lighting our condensed law? Nothing.

And we are enjoying that benefit now. Of course the little plan was equipped with a lot of risk. If we failed to make connection to the core after tearing the spiritual world, then we would be cursed by the core and may never be able to ignite our law.

So the reward is worth the risk.

"I'm going to lay low until the transformation is complete. What about you two?."  Morpheus asked in a nonchalant tone but he was not  able to fully hide the excitement in his voice.

"I too will be laying low, maybe for a century or two. But about you milord?" Turty asked.

"Huh, me? You guys won't be seeing me for a millennium or two." I said in a manner of fact.

The plane that I'm repairing, at the minimum would take one millennium to be patched up.

"ohh and Turty."

"What milord?"

"Tell that little fairy to not start a coup."

"Pardon?" Turty asked in confusion. That's to be expected as I'm asking him to tell someone who is trying to create coup not to create one.

"He has my permission to split from the clan with others if they want to."

"Okay?"

"And tell him not to steal my treasures unless he want to die when I come back."

".Ohh!.. what am I hearing? A coup? Fill me on the detail."  Morpheus started to question us in excitement when he heard the word 'Coup'.

"Morpheus, it's an internal problem. So no. and don't you have more things to do now than listening to gossips in other clan?" I said as I took in my condensed law.

"Tch, whatever. I'm leaving"

"I too will be taking my leave, milord."

With that both Morpheus and Turty left after taking in their condensed law.

"Haaa... Now, I can go for a long rest until the plane is patched up."

With that I too left the spiritual plane.

5