[1] Blood
512 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reed whistled as he rummaged through a trash heap twice his size, looking for anything valuable he could pawn off for some money.

"Why is making money so hard? If not because of my looks, I could easily make a living off of my talents..." 

Despite knowing he had no talent at all, he could still shamelessly brag about it because he had long since learned the art of boasting and swindling people.

It wasn't that he liked to do such things, rather it was because he was forced to do so to survive.

Having been an orphan, he spent six years in an orphanag, however he was forced to leave after the orphanage closed, leaving him on the streets.

From then on, Reed lived on the streets, joining gangs when he needed and fleeing when he felt like.

Now, he was barely twenty and had never done a bit of schooling, however he was smart enough to teach himself with the few materials he could find over the years.

Instead of saying Reed had no talents, it was better to say that his talent had to do with his luck.

Having been dealt a bad hand in life, he struggled to make the best of it. Even now as he rummaged through a trash heap, one couldn't keep his rather carefree nature down for long.

"Oh? This looks like it's something important...? I think?" Reed frowned as he pulled a small rock out of the heap.

The rock was streamlined and sleek, making one wonder how it was made. Aside from it being shiny, nothing else drew his attention.

He sighed and was about to toss it back into the trash heap when a stinging pain in his hand stopped him.

When he looked down, he saw blood dripping from his palm, and the rock sitting in the center with a weird red glow.

"What the he-" He felt a pulse surge through his hands and ravage his body without a care. Just before he passed out, he heard a voice.

[System Awakened! Booting...]

"Wha-?" His consciousness vanished before he could finish his sentence.

13