Chapter 2 – Farewell
233 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next few days, Lilia continued to examine the bead, as if it was a great treasure. As for me, I spent my time rolling about on the bed feeling a little stifled.

 

Aside from magic books and some tools, she didn’t have anything else with her. 

 

How was I to pass my time!

 

While complaining in my mind, I got out of the room before going past her. She was like usual, examining the bead.

 

“Don’t stray too far.”

 

“Kay!” Nodding, I exited the house before running about the wide open field until I started to feel tired. Afterwards, I went over to the dead tree in the center before jumping onto one of the branches. Leaning on the trunk, I released my territory, however I only released it until it covered the area around the tree.

 

A warm flow of energy entered into me again, causing the feeling of tiredness to slowly fade away. Like this, I continued to stare off into the distance, the sky never changed, and it was always an endless gray. However I knew there was a wide world beyond it.

 

Creak.

 

Hearing the wooden door open, I saw Lilia walk out of it. She stretched before coming over to the tree. Afterwards, she jumped onto it before sitting down next to me.

 

“Finished?”

 

She shook her head before laughing. “If I tried to decipher the entire formation, who knows how long it’ll take. Although thanks to the bead, I feel like I’ll break through soon.”

 

“Oh, so we’ll be stuck here for a long time?” I was also curious about her tier, however it felt a little rude to ask. 

 

“Feeling impatient?” She smiled at me.

 

“No…” I denied. Although it was a lie to say I didn’t want to leave. 

 

She patted my head. “As long as I find a way to turn the formation off, then we can leave. As for the rest, I’ll decipher it along the way. For now….” After saying that she looked at me up and down.

 

“...” 

 

“We’ll have you take a bath as well as change into a different set of clothing.”

 

“Oh…” afterwards, she led me back inside the house. Over there was a bathroom with a large tub. Lilia then took out a blue stone before setting it on top of a construct before water started to come out of the magic tool, oh it should be magic formation instead. 

 

When the tub was full, she took out a robe as well as undergarments before exiting the room leaving me alone. It seems she was considerate of me.

 

Taking off my dress and placing it by the side I began to clean myself before changing into the underwear she gave me. Afterwards, I placed on the robe before looking at the mirror to the side.

 

Reflected inside of it was a cute girl who looked familiar yet unfamiliar a the same time. She had white hair scattered behind her that reached her waist, while her eyes were also white. 

 

As for my chest, it could only be described as modest at best… Unlike Lilia’s. However I wasn’t discouraged, as I was still growing.

 

I was currently wearing a gray robe that was similar to the one Lilia wore, only this one had bluish lines decorating the edges, while hers had black outlines. It was also more adorned than mine, as she had a badge hanging around her waist.

 

After doing a few turns in front of the mirror, feeling like I had enough fun, I exited the bathroom to find that she was currently waiting for me.

 

“Wow~ not bad.” She smiled at me before looking downwards at my feet. “Although we’ll need to get you shoes….”

 

“??” I tilted my head at her to find her taking out a bunch of old shoes. Was she giving me ones that she wore?

 

Luckily, or unluckily, in the end she found a pair of shoes that fit me along with a pair of socks. 

 

Seeing the look I was making she laughed at me. “What’s so bad about wearing shoes?”

 

“It makes me feel stifled!” Although I complained, it wasn’t as if I could go around barefoot all of the time. Even without my memories, I knew that much!

 

We then played around for a bit before I became tired. Seeing me yawn, she led me into the room. Happily taking off the shoes I crawled into the bed before quickly falling asleep.

 

___

“It’s done!” The next day, I was woken up by Lilia’s excited voice. 

[

Groggily rubbing my eyes, I got off the bed before making my way to the living room. She was currently laughing in happiness while the bead was placed on the table. Turning towards me, her eyes narrowed as a smile formed on her face. “I finally deciphered the part to turn off the formation. Which means we can leave this place~”

 

I nodded repeatedly while feeling expectant of the wide world beyond these walls. Although I didn’t know what was outside. I felt a contradictory feeling again, like I knew yet I did not.

 

“Mitra,” Her voice dragged me out of that suffocating whirl. However her next few words pushed me into a sea of despair. “Your shoes.” ]

 

“...” 

 

I could only turn around and head back into my room to place on the accursed piece of clothing.

 

After making sure it was on, she then led me outside the house, when I saw it suddenly disappear, leaving the place empty and barren again. 

 

“We’re starting.” She held the bead in front of her before pouring her mana inside. The bead began to glow brightly and with it as the center, a series of complicated lines and patterns began to form around the entire valley. I didn't dare the stare too long and simply closed my eyes. If even a 1st circle spell made me dizzy, who knows what this one will do.

 

While waiting in the darkness, I suddenly felt something pass through me along with her voice.

 

"It's done." 

 

Opening my eyes, I looked at the bead laying in her hands, I found that it wasn’t any different from before, except that the lines were no longer glowing.

 

As for the valley, it was also no different from before.

 

Lilia pinched my cheeks, “Geez, not being able to look at magic formations is going to become a huge weakness.”

 

After she pinched a few more times, she released me. “It’s time to leave, is there anything else you want to do before you leave?”

 

Rubbing the spot she pinched, I shook my head when I suddenly remembered the tree I had woken up under. “Ah, there is.”

 

Going over to it, I clapped my hands together before bowing towards it. 

 

Farewell.

 

When I finished, I found that Lilia had came over. 

 

“Ready?”

 

I nodded. She then took my hand before leading me towards one side of the valley. As we made our way through the trees, I noticed that she kept her distance from them

 

“Are they dangerous?” Feeling curious I asked.

 

She shook her head. “They’re harmless.” 

 

After walking for about an hour, we finally reached the mountain walls. 

 

“How will we get out?” I looked upwards, I couldn’t see the top of the mountains, not only because I was too short, it was also because it went past the gray mist.

 

“We’ll climb it.” Lilia then bent down before lifting me up in a carry, causing me to wrap my arms around her. “Hold on tightly.”

 

“En,” getting my nod, she began to lightly scale the mountain walls.

 

Seeing the ground rapidly grow further and further, I closed my eyes while tightening the grip around her, fearing that I would fall.

 

I don’t know how long later, however eventually in what seemed to be a long time, I finally heard her say. “We’re here.”

 

Opening my eyes, I found that we were on top of a mountain range. A sea of trees that extended towards the horizon appeared in front of me, along with the blue sky filled with fluffy clouds. the sight causing me to shiver in fear. Ahhh!

 

Screaming in my mind, I quickly closed my eyes.

 

She chuckled at my reaction as she began to descend the mountain we were on. 

 

Unable to resist my urge, I opened one of my eyes to peak at the scenery in front of me. However, it was no good.

 

Closing my eyes again, I hugged her tightly until I felt a light impact, along with a the feeling of patting my back. No longer feeling like I was falling, I opened my eyes to find that we were inside the forest. The trees were no longer dead like the ones in the valley and they were brimming with green leaves, releasing a fresh aura of life.

 

Afterwards, while carrying me, we began to make our way through the giant forest towards an unknown location.

9