Chapter 4 – Ruined VIllage
198 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Exiting the room after Lilia was done observing my soul core, I began to wander around the village. The destroyed buildings were still there, however all of the corpses were gone, not even blood stains remained.

 

Releasing my territory to around a meter around me, as a warm feeling entered into me again.

 

Narrowing my eyes, I hummed while making my way through the buildings, using my territory to peek inside of it. Of course, a majority were only chairs and furniture as well as a few toys and stuffed animals, and  a lot of farm tools.

 

Leaving everything as is, I continued making my way through the village before stopping in front of a building a lot larger than the rest. 

 

“Adventurer’s Guild?” I muttered. On top of the door was a large sign with the words Adventurer’s Guild on it. Making my way inside, I began to look around. It was a little fun, exploring this place.

 

Just like the other buildings, this one was empty except broken furniture. The desk in the back was cleaved in half, while paper was scattered on the floor.

 

Seeing this I picked one of them up before reading it.

 

Target: Goblin

Grade: C

Reward: 1 Silver for 1

Warning: If one is spotted, please report to the adventurer’s guild immediately.

 

While under it was a picture of a short green creature with pointy ears. His private area was covered with a loincloth.

 

“....” What a strange creature…. The term was also a little familiar, giving me a contradictory feeling again. Like I knew it, yet I did not.

 

Aside from this goblin picture, there were a lot more.

 

From orcs, to ogres. Aside from that, there were also pictures of a gray humanoid creature with two horns on their temples. They were called Shura.

 

Target: Shura

Grade: A

Reward: 1 Gold Coin

 

Different from the goblins and ogres, this one was completely unfamiliar.

 

Aside from this lobby, there was also a staircase. Taking it, I was led into what seemed like a dormitory. Although most of the bedding and furniture had been destroyed. In fact this place was in a lot worse condition than the houses in the surroundings.

 

Feeling like I had enough, I exited the Adventurer’s Guild and started to go through the remaining buildings. There was a blacksmith as well as an apothecary. However both were empty. Not even a wooden sword could be found. As for the apothecary, it was similar to the goblin word. One that I knew, yet didn’t at the same time.

 

Let’s head back.

 

Looking out the hole on the wall, seeing that the sky had already turned dark, I exited the building I was just in. 

 

A cool breeze blew against me, causing me to narrow my eyes in comfort before taking a deep breath. Afterwards, I turned to look up at the sky before feeling like my breath was taken away.

 

Amidst the endless night sky, a large moon surrounded by countless specs of light shone. Along with it, a strange unfamiliar feeling began to spread through my chest. It was as if I could go anywhere I wanted. “Hahaha,” Inadvertently I began to laugh happily by myself, stopping only when I heard footsteps.

 

Since my territory was still out, I knew without looking. It was Lilia. Turning towards her I grinned. “For some reason, I feel especially good right now!”

 

She smiled at me. “So, are you going to stand there all night?”

 

I quickly shook my head. Retracting my territory, I ran towards her. I wanted to sleep.

 

We made our way back to the house we had settled in. After taking my shoes off, I climbed onto the bed. 

 

“Goodnight.” Lilia covered me with a blanket.

 

“Goodnight.”

 

For now, I’ll follow Lilia for now and see the world. Perhaps I’ll also be able to get my memories back.

 

____

 

The next day, upon waking up, I found Lilia looking at the crystal again. Seeing her lost in her own world as she stared at it, I began to wonder if it was really okay. 

 

“Lilia, you don’t need to sleep?” I asked curiously. I hadn’t seen her sleep ever since I met her, and everytime I woke up, she would be found looking at the crystal.

 

Hearing my voice, she turned towards me. “It’s already been years since I’ve slept.”

 

“...” I pursed my lips. “That doesn’t sound really good….”

 

She patted my head while looking out of the window. It was currently early in the morning. “Maybe soon. After meeting you, it feels like it’ll be okay.” After patting it a bit more, she placed away the bead and stretched a bit. “We’ll continue our journey, although first, I’ll need to example your core~”

 

I reflexively took a step backwards. Your eyes don’t seem right! They look like the eyes of a dragon when they see something sparkly.

 

“It’s for your own sake Mitra!~” 

 

Seeing that she was about to pounce on me, I turned around to run away. Getting looked at was too embarrassing!

 

“Kyaa!” Unfortunately she was a lot stronger and faster than she looked as she easily caught up to me.

 

Taking me into a hug, she giggled before placing me onto her lap. Afterwards, I felt her mana enter into me again. Although I tried to stop it, it was useless, rather there wasn’t even any resistance. Her mana had simply entered into me as if it were a normal thing to do.

 

“...”

 

Helpless, I could only let her view my core while enjoying the feeling of warmth her hug gave me. 

 

I should take a look too….

 

With nothing else to do, I began to observe my own core. Something I hadn’t done since I woke up. It was as if it was always there, yet it never came into my mind that it was there.

 

“This is really similar to the bead…Territory?” Suddenly I heard Lilia mutter. “Right here….”

 

“Ah~” Feeling her mana start to touch onto my core, I was assaulted with an indescribable feeling. Not good!

 

My entire body started to feel numb and powerless. “Lilia!”

 

I called in my mind.

 

“Ahh, sorry!” She quickly apologized before removing the tendrils of mana she had on my core. “I found the place to implement the formation.”

 

Afterwards, she had me send my mana into her mental space again where she began to mold it into a formation. Although I was a little curious on why we couldn’t just do it in mine, I decided not to ask. Instead, feeling like a chance, I began to look at her core.

 

Hmph.

 

“Mitra…” Ignoring her embarrassed voice while she molded my mana into the color changing formation, I continued to look at her core. Similar to mine, there were a few formations inscribed onto the core, although not as complicated as mine. 

 

“Are you okay?”

 

While viewing it, I heard her voice again. This time, although it still contained her feelings of embarrassment, there was also worry mixed into it.

 

“En.”

 

I removed my sight from her core before looking at the construct to find that it was finished. 

 

“Now all that’s left is to integrate it into your soul core.” Afterwards, she brought it back into my mental space, where she carefully started to combine the formation with mine.

 

Of course, I didn’t get to see the entire process as I was knocked out by a feeling of pleasure again.

9