Chapter 8 – Town 2
158 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The next carriage to Heim’s Fort is next week.” The large goblin said to us respectfully. 

 

“Aww… I guess we’ll stay here for a bit longer.” Lilia seemed a little sad, however it was only for a moment as she led me out of the building. “Since we’re here, we might as well enjoy ourselves!”

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“Mm…” She placed a hand on her chin. “For now we’ll go shopping.” She said while looking at me. “At least we should get Mitra a bag.”

 

“Oh.” I nodded at her,

 

Lilia then led me around the town before entering into a tailor store. The owner was another goblin. “My, what pretty ladies.” She said while showing us bringing us over to different sections as well as the prices of them.

 

After choosing a bunch of underwear, as well as a few dresses, shirts and pants. She then led me over to a bag section. 

 

“Which one do you want?” Lilia asked me. There were mainly 3 types, one like a knapsack, shoulder bags, as well as backpacks.

 

Maybe I should get a backpack? They seemed easy to carry….

 

“Hahaha!” Suddenly hearing laughter, I turned to look out the door and saw a group of children wearing backpacks as they traveled together.

 

“...I’ll go with the shoulder bag.” In the end, I picked one with a flower design. Afterwards, Lilia paid for everything as we began to carry them to the hotel.

 

“Is it okay?” It felt a little wrong to have her pay for everything. However I didn’t have any money. 

 

“It’s fine.” She smiled at me. “Think of it as thanks for letting me view your core.”

 

“Kay…” I nodded at her as I watched her bring everything into the bathroom, leaving me in the room. With nothing to do, I went over to the table nearby the window and began to stare outside.

 

People were walking down the streets, there were travelers, guards, as well as normal civilians. However I realized one thing. Despite being the Shura Kingdom, Shura were rare. At least I hadn’t seen one since entering into this town.

 

Instead, a large majority were goblins, orcs, and beastkin. 

 

Splash.

 

Before long, splashing sounds came from the bathroom along with humming sounds. 

 

Eh?

 

When I was about to remove my sight from the window, I spotted someone that stood out from the crowd. It was a pretty young lady with long blonde hair and pointed ears wearing a cloak with a bow and quiver on her back.

 

Probably noticing my gaze, she turned towards the window before smiling and waving at me. She had a pair of blue eyes, however it was different from the color of Lilia’s. 

 

“...” I waved back reflexively before leaving the window and heading into the bathroom. Lilia was currently scrubbing the clothing we had just bought. “I’ll help too!”

 

“Mhm,” she moved over to the side. “Then you can help me with that dress over there.” 

 

Going over to the side, I picked one of them up before scrubbing them in the tub. Each time one was done, we would hang it near the side of the room to dry. 

 

By the time everything was done, it was already approaching Noon. Lilia led me downstairs for lunch and after ordering a different type of dish, we happily ate our meals.

 

As for what everyone was talking about, it was still concentrated on that Sacred Sword Festival. Despite it being on the enemy territory. 

 

When we finished everything, we exited the inn again as Lilia continued to lead me around the town. This time, we stopped by a large building with a lot of goblins entering and exiting it, as well as the occasional beastkin. 

 

Upon seeing Lilia’s robe, they bowed to her respectfully. She waved her hands at them. “Continue on with what you were doing.” 

 

The goblins nodded before continuing on, occasionally sending me looks. Aside from the hints of lust in them, there was also envy.

 

“...”

 

Upon entering into a wide hall, we were greeted with a man who had red eyes, a vampire. 

 

“Respectful Emissary, I’m Alex, the head of this branch.” 

 

“Mhm, I’m only stopping by.” Lilia waved her hands again while smiling. “Also, I need a registration for her into the Sanctuary.”

 

She patted my back.

 

The man looked at me before nodding and leading me up a series of stairs and handing me a piece of paper and pencil.

 

Apparently, I had to fill out everything from name, age, to race. I wrote Mitra on it, as for race, I placed Vampire, however for my age, I had no idea.

 

I glanced at Lilia for help. I definitely do not want to put 10 years old on the paper! 1 month was also not an option. And if I placed anything over that, it would look weird…

 

Perhaps Lilia knew I was conflicted as in the end, she took my paper and started to fill it out for me. The corner of the man’s eyes twitched as he coughed.

 

“Young Miss, I don’t think this conforms to the rules.” 

 

“It’s fine~” Lilia waved her hand before showing him a badge, whereupon the man stopped saying anything else. 

 

An hour later, after filling the paper out, the man came back with a card and handed it over to me. It was apparently my registration to the Sanctuary.

 

Name: Mitra

Race: Vampire

Age: 10

Circles: 0

Mana Compatibility - Excellent

Innate Soul Core

 

“Make sure not to lose it.” Lilia warned me.

 

I nodded and was about to pass it over to her when she flicked my forehead and pointed to my bag. “I can’t always carry everything for you.”

 

“Ow…” While rubbing the spot she flicked, I felt my mana lower slightly.

 

In the end, I carefully placed the card inside my shoulder bag. It was the first item I obtained since I woke up, giving me a feeling of accomplishment.

 

“Let’s go.” Lilia nodded to the man and took my hand. However as we were heading out the door, I heard the man call her again.

 

“Young Miss. May I ask for a request?” 

7