Chapter 15 – Bear Life 2
128 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Days went by, and soon another week went by. I also realized a problem. At first, I did my best to suppress that fear from it, however it's been growing stronger by the day.

 

Seeing me sulking while huddling on the bed, Leona came over. “What’s wrong?”

 

“...” I shook my head. I couldn’t tell her that I was scared….

 

At this rate, wouldn’t I enter into an eternal slumber? 

 

Before I knew it, tears slid down my cheeks. I didn’t want that! How was it any different than dying? It felt like an even worse fate than dying.

 

Although… I didn’t want to die….

 

“Grr,” Leona suddenly bit me on the nape of my neck before tossing me into the air again, causing me to let a startled scream as I stiffened from nervousness before landing on top of her head. She then began to make her way out of the cave.

 

“Where are we going?” While muffling the fur under my palms, I slowly calmed back down. She remained silent and began to take me for a stroll through the forest before following the stream. In front of us was the familiar lake she had brought me to when I first woke up.

 

Then, without mercy, she tossed me inside of it, causing a large splash.

 

While slowly sinking in the cold dark blue world, fishes swam by me while the surface of the lake glittered because of the refraction of the sun.

 

The sounds were also muffled, giving me a sense of peace different from the noisy forest.

 

While sinking, suddenly Leona swam up to me and pulled me out of the lake before throwing me onto the back. “At least try to swim out, what would you do if you drowned!”

 

“...” Although I probably wouldn’t drown, I slowly nodded. 

 

I was soaked from head to toe… causing me to feel uncomfortable as my clothing stuck onto me.

 

She sighed. “Climb on.”

 

“En…” Getting up, I crawled onto her back. 

 

With a growl, Leona carried me back into the cave. “Go get changed.” She said before lying by the entrance. Seeing her face the other way, I went over to the bag of clothing before picking up a towel, a change of underwear as well as another dress. 

 

As for my shoes, cough, they were still on the side of the bed. Hmph, if no one told me to place them on, I definitely wouldn’t!

 

After gathering everything, I went behind and started to dry myself before changing into the new set of clothing. The dress this time was a light blue color, in a similar design to the one I wore last time. 

 

“I’m done.” I muffled her fur for a bit before going over to the back to dig the inner cave. Shoveling into the rocky wall before throwing it over to the side.

 

“Why do you want to dig a cave?” Leona asked suddenly.

 

At her question, I blushed. There was no way I could tell her it was to do that! 

 

“N-nothing!” 

 

Although after digging for a while I became depressed again. If I am going to sleep forever, I might as well do it somewhere cozy…Ah, not that the cave here isn’t cozy, but I think I should do it in a much smaller space?

 

“Grr,” Leona growled at me before leaving me be. “We’re going out later.”

 

“Again?”

 

“We’re going to find you helpers, at this rate who knows how long it will take!”

 

___

The next day, after getting Leona’s permission, a group of goblins entered the cave with a bunch of tools and carts as if ready for war.

 

“You lot, let’s get going!” The head goblin shouted.

 

“Oh!” Everyone answered him at the same time as they quickly began to excavate the cave entrance, quickly removing the carts of soil. 

 

“Ah, place them into that corner.” I pointed at a direction. There was a small hill of dirt and rocks there. Perhaps they would be of use sometime in the future?

 

Feeling bad to have them do all the work, I took a shovel as I began to dig along with them. 

 

“Young Miss, dig over there!” the head goblin shouted at me. “Like this!” 

 

“En,” Following his directions, I began to dig along with them.

 

Aside from this, she also had the goblins bring a bunch of weapons. From swords to spears, hammers, axes, and bows. 

 

After I started to feel tired, I was about to head over to my bed when Leona bit me by the nape of the neck again.

 

Luckily, she didn’t instantly flip me up this time. Instead she growled and pointed her chin at the bed.

 

“Oh,” I nodded at her before grabbing my blanket. It seems she didn’t want me to sleep there when there were a bunch of goblins working in the cave.

 

Climbing on top of her, I pulled the blanket over me while using her back as the bed. 

 

Time quickly passed, and soon another week passed.

 

“Not bad,” Leona lifted the curtain as she peaked inside the room with one eye before sighing. “It’s too bad I can’t use it.”

 

Inside was a cave, much smaller than the outer one. However the floor was filled and tiled. Aside from this, there was also another room on the side, which was the bathroom. Like this, I could take a bath anytime I wanted, although I would need to get water from the lake.

 

I sleepily muffled the fur on her paw before heading inside. “Goodnight.” 

 

7