Chapter 26
98 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, we continued our journey again. However we were no longer in the sky. 

 

Lilia held onto my hand as we walked through the grassy fields. 

 

“There isn’t anything here?” I had noticed, the field was largely empty. 

 

Lilia shook her head. “Further to the west of here is the frontlines, so usually nobody would be here.”

 

“Oh,” While she was saying that, we heard rumbling sounds from afar. 

 

“Run.” Taking my hand, she began to run, although not as fast, probably so I could keep up with her. Although it wasn’t the time, I still felt happy in my heart. I gripped her hand tighter as I did my best to catch up while sneaking a glance at the souce of the sound.

 

There was a gigantic creature with gray skin and two horns donning a shiny black set of armor as well as a hammer. He glanced our way, before roaring. A horde of goblins and orcs followed as they went straight west, completely ignoring us.

 

Not only that, there were also large siege weapons and behemoths walking alongside them.

 

“It’s an ogre general.” Lilia explained to me. “According to my information, they’re around level 40-59. Or Tier 4-5.”

 

“En.” I patted my beating heart. 

 

“We’re almost there.” She pulled my hand. Appearing in our view was a large mountain range that separated the two territories. It was the Grulem Mountain Range.

 

Although unlike the grassy plains, this place wasn’t exactly empty of people as there were monsters or beastkin walking here and there. Their direction along the mountain walls. Lilia led me along the way before entering into a mountain road. 

 

“Can we switch sides?” I asked nervously. It was getting a little high. 

 

She giggled at me before having us swap. With her in between the cliff and me, it felt a lot safer. 

 

“Being afraid of heights is no good~” She pinched my cheeks, her scent whafted under my nose,

 

“En.” 

 

After walking for an hour, we soon reached a town situated withing a town that seemed to have been built after digging out the side of a mountain. There were carts of ores being pulled away into refineries by goblins, the small ones and not the large ones.  

 

Upon seeing us, they showed us their usual lecherous look before continuing their work. 

 

“Do you think we can….” The goblin who looked at us whispered to his companion, when he was kicked by him.

 

“Shut up.” 

 

“Sigh, Lokov, why don’t they have a brothel in this place….” The goblin didn’t listen and continued to complain. “If only they bring in some captives… however that damn Jacov took them away.”

 

Their voices going further away. 

 

“They are the Shura Kingdom’s best source of labor.” Lilia placed a finger on her chin. “Although they are a little perverted….”

 

“Are we going to stay here?” 

 

“Mhm,” Luckily there was an inn although it wasn’t like the one we went to in the other town. This one seemed a little more normal.

 

“We’ll have  a room for one.” Lilia paid the receptionist before leading me into the room. Glancing at the Orc auntie, I found her look at me with a weird look causing me to blush. It isn’t like we’re doing anything!

 

Turning around, I lowered my head as I followed behind her into our designated room. 

 

Sitting on the bed, I looked at Lilia who was going towards the table. “Does Lilia not want to sleep?”

 

She shook her head. “Don’t need to.”

 

I pouted. My first plan to exhaust her to sleep had failed, since she had isolated the sounds I was making yesterday. 

 

I could only ask her directly, but it doesn’t seem like it would work too….

 

That’s why.

 

“Lilia,”

 

“?”

 

“Can I... “ I turned to other way while blushing. “Can I hug you while I’m sleeping?”

 

“...” no reply.

 

I sneaked a glance at her to find that she was showing an embarrassed look. Afterwards, she raised a hand towards me when I felt something hit my forehead. 

 

“Ow.” I rubbed the spot she hit. Luckily asied from draining my mana, nothing else happened. I guess it was useless. I lied onto the bed while facing the wall.

 

“Not now,” she came over and set on the side. 

 

Feeling the bed sink a little, I turned around on my back when she slipped her hand into the blanket. Afterwards, she held onto my hand. 

 

“...” I blushed. So embarrassing!

 

Although I wasn’t going to knock her hand away. Perhaps I should take this chance as well?

 

“If you do that, I’ll go away again.” 

 

I could only retrieve my other hand. “I won’t do it then.” 

 

“Hehe…” She giggled at me. “What are you scheming Mitra?”

 

“I want you to sleep!” Although she caught me, I just directly told her the truth. 

 

She began to play with the palm of my hand using her thumbs. “It isn’t like I can’t….” After awhile she said. “However this isn’t a safe place.”

 

“En.” It seems to have worked a lot better than expected. “Ne, Lilia.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Why don’t you sleep?” 

 

“Because I’m scared Mitra.” She said. “It’s scary.”

 

I wanted to say its okay. However I realized sleeping was a little scary. Especially when it felt like I was trapped somewhere, unable to get out. Or falling down from high in the air.

 

I could only grip her hand tightly while yawning. 

 

She chuckled. “It’s okay now though. Ever since I’ve been Mitra, I faintly feel that it’ll be okay. Also, I’ve been getting a little tired lately.”

 

“En…”

 

____

 

The next day, we went to a nearby smithy. “Young Misses, what weapons would you like?” The orc holding a hammer said to us.

 

I shook my head. The iron sword Leona didn’t exactly seem enough to use. “I don’t know.” There were too many. There were ones with good mana conduction, or ones that were solid and sharp, but wasn’t compatible. 

 

However to me, who has never needed to fight anything. A weapon seemed a little far off. I didn’t know the tiers of creatures I had to fight. It was like, do I buy one that can cut through anything, or can I buy one that can’t, but can cut through the ones I want?

There was also the problem of money. I had none!

6