01 New Game!
233 8 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello not so dear reader, if you are reading this you are a ill-mannered piece of shit, the kind of person who reads a girl's diary without permission...

But Ash why are you writing in your diary assuming someone will read, you may be asking? And the answer is, I don't know, maybe i just want to call someone a piece of shit, dad always said that I am a pessimist by nature.

But since you're reading this anyway, and I'm basically just words in a book I can't stop you, so the most I can do is to bore you with my story, let's start then?

We are in the year 20XX Earth, and why did I have to specify the planet we are on? You'll see.

I was lying in my room in the dark thinking about recent events...


22:00 06 October 20XX - Earth
My phone rang, a message.

       
Tony 08:00 - Hey Ash, did you really camp in line all night to buy that new console?      
Ash 08:02 - Yup    
     
Tony 08:02 - Interesting, I bet you're thinking about skipping class to play today, right?    
     
Ash 08:04 - Maybe?    
     
Tony 08:05 - Well, I just wanna to remind you that your father said that if you fail one more test he will sell all your stuff, and knowing  him he is not kidding.    
     
Ash 08:05 - If you came to tell me that my dad is a pain in the ass don't bother.    
     
Tony 08:07 - All right, see you at the test in school today then.    
       
  Ash 08:07 - What TEST?    
     
Ash 08:10 - Tony...    
     
Ash 08:12 - TONYYYY

   
Tony 21:59 - Hey Ash, I saw it in the news, i'm sorry...      

I turned off my phone, Tony is a nice guy but he doesn't get it, how could he?

"This is all because I decided to buy this stupid game." I faced the box with the newest next gen vr console and the game that came with it. "If I hadn't..."

Someone knocked on my bedroom door.

"Ashley dear, you shouldn't be in there in the dark alone... not now..." said the woman. "Get out, let's talk..."

“...” I didn't bother to answer her, she thinks she understands, but she doesn't know anything, she's not even my real mother...

I looked again at the newly purchased new generation console, and the generic game that came with it.

Sigh!
"I don't even like this kind of game." I looked at the game that came as a bonus for buying the console at the opening. "A generic fantasy rpg... dad would like it."

I put the memory chip in the console, and it appears you have to create your character before entering the virtual reality with the display, to ensure the immersion of the game.

"I have 3 classes to choose from, warrior, wizard or thief... totally generic."
I spoke alone looking at the screen in the darkness of my room.

The game worked in such a way, first you choose your class, dad always liked wizards, I'm more of a rogue type, but this time wizard doesn't seem so bad...

After selecting your class you get two basic skills, Common Language which allows you to talk to the various npc's during the game, and Appraisal which allows you to identify items, locations and people simple, but useful skills, in addition you also get a ability point to select a skill according to your class, as I am a wizard this ensures me a spell of the first level the lowest, looking at the screen I saw my options.

Flame Hand - You can light a small flame on your fingers, be careful not to burn yourself.
Sparks - You have the power of lightning and thunder in your hands... but only in your hands.
Telekinesis - You can move things with your mind, that will cause headaches, both for your enemies and for you.
Freezing Hand - You can freeze with a touch of your hand. Is it cold here or is it just me?
Stone spike - You throw a stone at your enemies, because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Warning: future skills will change according to your initial choice.

"What are these descriptions?" I said quietly. "Was that supposed to be funny?"

"Whatever... At least i'll get to leave this shitty world for a few hours." I said, choosing a skill, the only useful one. "Let's get started!"

13