Worries!
87 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After completing his work Cao Huang hired a taxi as his house was more than 10 kilometers away from the company. 

"How is it going young man?" the taxi drive asked Cao Huang who had just told his address and was resting in the back. 

"Nothing. Just completed my job. I will go take a rest for a few hours before going to school."

"Such a hard working boy! It must be hard on you to study and work at the same time unlike my stinking brat who has been bugging me for a whole month to buy him a gaming helmet. I had to work extra hours and just to buy him the helmet. Honestly! Even the cheapest of the helmets costs 5000 credits. I wouldn't have wasted such an amount if my son hadn't swore that he will study to get top in 10 of his grade."

Cao Huang wouldn't waste such an enormous amount on a gaming equipment as his financial situation was in dire states. 

Still he envied those who can afford such equipment without working hard themselves unlike him. His house came and he got out of the taxi and was going to pay the fare when he was stopped by his driver who said "kid you don't have to pay. I was going home as my house is just on the way. If any day you can't afford to pay the fare then you can call me, I would come to pick you up. If my son can even be a little bit of filial as you then I can live without any worry."

"Thank you! Old man. Someday I will repay you for this kindness."

"You don't have to repay me for anything. Only if you someday meet my son Qing Fan then please teach him a thing or two. It's getting late so you should just get going."

"I can't promise you that but I will try my hardest. Farewell old Man." The taxi driver said goodbye and drove away. 

"How good would it be if there were more and more people like him." Thought Cao Huang.

He walked to door took out his keys, opened the door slowly and walked silently towards his room so he wouldn't  wake up his little sister. He was about the reach his room when he heard the side door unlocking and a girl of about 14 years of age came out of the room rubbing her big blue coloured eyes. She was Cao Huang's sister Cao Dan. She had a height of 1.60 CM, a round nose, sharp eyebrows, big blue eyes which she inherited from her father, almond coloured hair cascading down her shoulder ending in curls. Anyone who saw her would be of the opinion that she would be a great beauty after she had grown up.

It was hard to tell if she had just woken up or had been waiting all night for his brother to come. Being her brother Cao Huang knew it was the latter. 

As she saw Cao Huang she pounced upon him and begin to cry "Brother! Auuu! Where have you been. I thought you were you were kidnapped by gangsters and the gangsters would call home for ransom. I was worried about how I will get the money.....Of Course I was also worried about you. If you had been 10 minutes late I would have called the police and told them that you were kidnapped and if that wasn't successful I would have leased the house to get the sufficient credits for ransom."

Cao Huang was feeling really guilty because he forgot his phone at home so he was unable to inform his sister that he will be late but after hearing his sister he didn't know whether to laugh or cry. 

"Stop watching those crime investigation dramas or you would be only be getting these kind of thoughts." He said while gently striking her forehead. 

Cao Dan covered her head and pouted with a wronged expression. "Stinking brother you don't know how to treat ladies gently that's why you still don't have a girlfriend. What would I do if my head swells after you hit my head."

"You still dare to joke around with your brother. Now let's see how I deal with you." With he started to tickle his little sister and rounds of laughter started ringing within the house. 

"Stop! Stop!  I will never talk about you not having a girlfriend." Said Cao Dan half in tears. 

"Well Said." 

Cao Huang then went to tell her about the attempted theft at the company and how he was there to solve the trouble. But he didn't include Secretary Wang's threat, not to make his sister worry. 

Telling his sister to sleep he went in his own room to take a shower. After that he collapsed on the bed.

He gazed around his room with a heavy expression. His room only consist of of a single bed, a study table with some books on it and a single chair. All other things were sold by him to earn some kind of money.

"I still have to go to school. I better get some rest."

When he thought about his school, he remembered that the he has only 2 days left to submit his dues or else he would have to leave.

"Nothing can be done now. It is impossible to gather 10000 credits to payoff four months of his school fee. It's alright because he would have more time to work and can get a full time job after leaving the school. I can't use the reward the company gave me as I have to reserve some it for mother's hospital bill and some for Dan Dan's school fee. Maybe I could sell the gaming helmet, who knows how much I can get. At least I would be worry free after that." He thought while sighing as he went to sleep.

1