Get yourself a title by standing in a crowd?
60 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cao Huang and Vilariun walked through the commercial area of the Morning Dew Town. The area was crowded with Players and NPCs alike. They were trying their luck in obtaining some quests from the NPCs. But except a small number of players, no one has yet received a quest. Also many of the players were buying and selling materials they obtained after grinding mobs. 

"Selling [wolf pelt] for 5 bronze coins. Come first get first." shouted a random player. 

"Top quality [Tiger Teeth], 3 bronze coins a piece. Buy five of them to get one free."

"Buying a batch of heart grass for 2 copper each." said someone running an errand for an alchemist. 

"Forming a party to hunt for level 3 gnomes. The more players the better." yelled someone.

There was even a guy asking for a kiss from female players for 2 bronze coins each.

While the rest of the players were enjoying the scenery, passing weird remarks on the passerbys or hitting on nearby female players. 

"Hey! Do you know that guy with the crooked nose?" asked someone. 

"Not that much, Why?"

"I heard from a guy who knows the guy who knows him that he is a millionaire wanting to become a beggar."

"Really! but as far I have heard from a friend of my friend's female friend that he became a beggar while trying to fix his crooked nose."

"Ahh! I see. I must have gotten the old news."

"Hey you beauty with the nice figure. Why don't we go to have a drink in the bar? After that we can have a nice face to face friendly chat."

"Do you really want to have a face to face friendly chat with this grandmother of yours?" The female player really had a short temper. 

Hearing all these discussions Cao Huang was truly dumbfounded. 

"So what should I do now?" asked Cao Huang while ruffling his hair awkwardly.  

"I need you to die 10 times." Vilariun seriously said. 

"Hahaha! Nice joke by the way." Cao Huang shrugged off the answer as a joke. 

"There is no need for me to joke with user. I want you to die ten times. First five times by the hands of a player. Next five times by the hands of an NPC inside the town."

"Are YOU out of your mind? Even though it won't cost me any equipment or experience by getting killed. The only way I can die at the hands of NPCs in the town is by committing a crime, that means having a red name." 

"Precisely." confirmed Vilariun seriously. 

"Precisely my a*s. Do you even know the penalties a red named person receives after being killed by an NPC in a town or a city?! After being killed for the first time, he is locked up in the jail for two hours. Being killed as a red name consecutively for the second time requires you to serve four hours in jail. While third time requires six hours. Fourth time requires serving eight hours and and lastly fifth time requires you to serve for ten. By the time I am done, I would have served THIRTY HOURS! inside the town jail. Do you take me to be a fu*king retard." Cao Huang was livid. 

A single day in the world of Parallax consists of Thirty-six hours. The day time being Twenty-two hours long and the night time being fourteen hours long.

At this stage of the game majority of the players will be frantically trying to level up. An average player can level up one to two times in a day at this early stage of the game. Even a single level difference will put a person at disadvantage compared to other players.

"If you don't give me a suitable reason for this, I will beat you up." said Cao Huang while threateningly waving his fists. 

"I want you to become a dark player."

"Dark Player?! THAT kind of DARK PLAYER?! Vilariun, I am starting to believe that you have gone haywire."

"I ran a diagnostics on myself and the results state that I am perfectly fine." Vilariun corrected him. 

"Oh! Then I must be the one who has gone mad. The last time I checked, becoming a dark player wasn't a popular trend." said Cao Huang full of sarcasm. 

Dark Players are those players who have colluded with the forces of darkness. These forces have no semblance for law. Usually, they are involved in crimes like PK, robberies etc. These Players are immediately killed if spotted by NPCs of Righteous Forces or to be killed on sight bounty is offered for them to various players in order to hunt them down. 

These players aren't able to enter cities or towns ruled by righteous forces without disguising themselves and if they are spotted...Well mostly it's game over for them. The only save haven for them are the cities or towns ruled or protected by dark forces or dark NPCs. 

When they are killed by the righteous faction's players and NPCs, the amount of experience they lose is three to four times of what a righteous faction player loses when killed. In addition, these players also have a very high chance of dropping 80% of the equipment they possess.

"Even if I have to become a Dark Player, why should I die ten times consecutively? I could just PK a player and run to the nearest dark town to seek refuge and voila, I am a Dark Player."

"User has to do this in order to activate a unique hidden quest. The value of this hidden quest should be greater than a Nightmare Rated Quest. If the succession rate is extremely good, the rewards could even rival a Qausi-Disaster rated Quest. 

The Quests in the game Absolute Supremacy are usually divided into Bronze Rate, Silver Rate, Gold Rate, Legendary Rate or Nightmare Rate, Disaster Rate, Pandemonium Rate and Lastly Supreme Rate Quests. Apart from these quests, there are also the Main Storyline Quests which start at Bronze rate and may end up at the Supreme Rate as the progresses. The word Quasi or Semi are used by players to describe those quests which have not yet reached a certain point. 

A Quasi-Disaster Rate means that a quest should have difficulty and rewards which are greater than Nightmare Rated Quest but less than Disaster Rated Quest. It can also be known as 4-Star Nightmare or Legendary Quest. With One-star being the lowest and Five-star being the highest. 

"Quasi-Disaster! How can a quest reach that rate this early in the game?"

"It is mainly because the conditions to initiate this Quest are so ruthless. No sane player would ever want to die ten times consecutively. This Quest is so well hidden that the only player who could initiate this had to be a suicidal maniac or a player who happens to know the information before." Vilariun explained knowingly. 

"HeheHahaha! Let's go. I can't wait to die ten times." Cao Huang laughed like a psychopath. 

The nearby players who were observing a fellow who gets angry and excited at the same time when heard that he wanted to die ten times started distancing themselves away from him. 

The excited Cao Huang forgot that he was standing in a crowded market place and players around him have already marked him with the title of 'Crazy Leaf'. 'Crazy' from his actions and 'Leaf' from his name which all the players were able to see. Cao Huang was able to get himself a title just by standing in a crowd. 

"Lily, come over here. Don't go standing near that guy or you will catch his illness." said a player pulling a little girl towards himself. 

What they didn't expect that the name 'Crazy Leaf' in the not so distant future shall make Gods and ghosts tremble alike.

0