A Test!
53 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After all that drama, Cao Huang continued walking towards his destination. 

'Poisonous rat's Poison Store' was a shop that as the name suggests, sells poison to the players. It was owned by a Level 30 NPC whose name was Poisonous Rat. He had a short height of about 160 CM, and a rather vicious looking face. Nobody would be willing to talk to him if not for buying poisons. Poisons were rather useful for hunting monsters in the field as they would slowly wither away the health points of the monsters. That's why they were a hot commodity in the Morning Dew Town nowadays. Many Assassins, Swordsmen, Berserkers and Rangers would smear their weapons with poisons before departing to grind for mobs. Although the poison was expensive but those players who could purchase it knew it's worth. 

Cao Huang arrived before the shop and saw that it wasn't crowded as much as he thought it would be. There were only three to four players inside the shop looking at the different assortment of poisons. It was to be expected because at the start of the game money was the biggest problem that the players had to face. The chances of monsters dropping bronze coins were extremely low and nobody would want to waste their hard earned wealth on buying poisons. Only a rather handful of players were efficient at using poison and even they would only buy a vial or two. 

Cao Huang walked inside the shop and saw Poisonous Rat talking nonchalantly with a player. When he saw Cao Huang he revealed an expression like he was expecting him to come here. 

"Greetings Adventurer, What brings you here to my humble abode?" asked Poisonous Rat with all smiles.

"I want to buy five vials of Poison." answered Cao Huang as he was instructed by Vilariun. 

Hearing that this player wanted to buy five vials of poison, the nearby players were startled. 

"What kind of poison would adventurer like to buy. I have Poisonous Toad's Poison costing 5 copper per vial. Red Spotted Snake's Poison costing seven coppers per vial and lastly the Black Desert Scorpion's Poison costing 10 Coppers per vial."

Hearing the prices of the poisons, Cao nearly fainted. At starting of the game, only things a player had in his inventory were 5 pieces of Apple, 3 bottles of Drinking Water and 25 Coppers. According to Vilariun, he had to buy five vials of poison, meaning that he would be left completely broke after buying five vials of poison. 

"Please give me five vials of Poisonous Toad's poison." Said Cao Huang. 

"Here you go." Poisonous Rat handed him five vials of poisons. 

Gritting his teeth, he decided to hand over all the 25 bronze coins he had to Poisonous Rat. 

The players were thinking that of how extravagant Cao Huang was to buy five vials of poison at the same time. They didn't know that how much Cao Huang's heart was bleeding after he decided to spend all the bronze coins he had. 

"Hmmph! Why did this brat bought so much poison?" Poisonous Rat was left pondering. 

Cao exited the shop and started walking aimlessly. 

"Now can you tell me why I had to buy so much poison?" asked Cao Huang helplessly. 

"To gain Poisonous Rat's attention." answered Vilariun. 

"What!!!" Cao Huang almost slipped when he heard that he had to spend all his wealth just to draw the attention of a shopkeeper. 

"Don't worry, all the coins you have spent won't go to waste. Once you have initiated the quest, you will get several times over. That Poisonous Rat will help you in becoming a part of the Dark Players. He is someone from the Dark side disguised as a shopkeeper."

"Oh!"

"From now you are on your own. I won't help you or this will complicate things a little." said Vilariun mysteriously. 

Cao Huang didn't understand what Vilariun just said but still as he had work to do he didn't want to waste his time understanding.

He turned around and walked towards a  place crowded with players inside the town. He was about to turn when he spotted several players who were spying on him. These were the players of Crimson Drought who were working under the orders of Crimson Fire to keep an eye on him. 

"Since I have to get a red name, why don't I kill these annoying players from Crimson Drought." smiled Cao Huang faintly. 

He unsheathed his daggers and rushed towards the Crimson Drought Shield Warrior closest to him. 

Stab! 

- 31

The player was caught off-guard and wasn't able to react to Cao Huang's sudden attack. 

- 23

- 17

In a few second his health dropped to only 45 HP.

"Guards! Someone is attacking me." He screamed loudly.

He tried smashing away Cao Huang with his shield to gain some respite but Cao Huang was just too fast. He ducked under the shield went behind him and landed a strike towards back of his head. 

- 47 

The last strike proved to be critical hit taking away all of his health. 

Thud! 

The player's corpse landed on the ground. The surroundings became silent. All the players became slack-jawed, their mouth opened so wide that it could fit an Apple. This was their first time seeing a person PK a player so openly. 

Daring! Too Daring.

This was what every player in the vicinity had in their mind. 

To PK a player was considered a taboo. Still there were people who broke this taboo. Cao Huang became one of them.  Majority may call him stupid but by PK'ing a person in broad daylight, he proved his guts to the players around him. Next time if someone messes with him, they had to keep the consequences of doing so in their mind. 

Cao Huang slowly sheathed his daggers. His glaring red name clearly visible as daylight but he still he stood there calmly with an unconcealed arrogance. 

Cao Huang was handsome to begin with and even altering his appearance couldn't change his good looks. It is said that out of 100 females, 70 of them would be smitten with someone having a haughty attitude. Cao Huang's handsome face combined with his haughty and arrogant attitude lit up the hearts of many female players with desire. Many of them started shouting at him. 

"Handsome quickly run away." shouted a female Cleric. 

"Handsome don't keep standing there, quickly run away before the guards arrive here." Shouted another female Assassin. 

"Hero even if you don't fear the players, you should fear the guards. You would be in a great trouble so please run away." shouted the female Berserker.

"Handsome, My IGN is Hot Chilly. Please add me to your friends list so we can have chat when you're free." Shouted the Swordswomen while whinking at him. 

Soon the whole area was buzzing with the voices of female players. Some advising him to run away while some of them were passing out there names in order to befriend him. 

Seeing this unusual sight, the male players were filled with rage and envy. No female had ever responded to their advances this way. Now, more than anything, they wanted to tear Cao Huang to pieces. 

Thinking and doing was an entirely different thing. Although Cao Huang was standing there silently, nobody dared to attack him, fearing his retaliation. 

Although Cao Huang looked unfazed his heart was a mess. Not from the fear of players or guards but as a person who had always been single, he wasn't used to so many female's advances. He didn't fear the players or the guards because he had to die to initiate his quest. He had complete trust in Vilariun's abilities.

As he was thinking of this, Vilariun's urgent voice rang within his mind. "User,  why are you standing here like a fool?Run!!!".

"Why? Didn't I had to die five times by the hands of NPCs five times?" he started to have a bad premonition. 

"I only told that to User in order to check his resolve. Now run or you are doomed."

"I will deal with you later." He said to Vilariun while gritting his teeth. 

Cao Huang spotted the guards rushing here so he ran towards the opposite side. His path was blocked by the male players wanting to tear him apart. 

"Where are you running to? Weren't you acting all high and might just now." said all of them in unison while gnashing their teeth in fury. 

Cao Huang was just about take out his daggers when several female players rushed in. 

"We will stop them so you just run." yelled one of them. 

Cao Huang dashed towards a female Shield Warrior. He used her shield as a ramp to jump over the crowd. 

"Thank you! I have remembered all of your names and someday I will repay you." he promised them as he quickly vanished towards the deserted houses at the edge of the town. 

When the NPC Guards saw Cao Huang running away, they further increased their speed and chased after him. 

"Stop! Surrender yourself. You can't escape from us." said the Level 25 NPC Guard. 

"If you surrender now then we shall reduce your punishment." Shouted the other Guard who was also Level 25.

Cao Huang was only a measly Level 0. The Level 25 NPC Guards weren't something the players at this stage of the game could cope with. 

The NPC Guard's speed was several folds higher than him. Despite his early start, his lead could last till the deserted houses. He could never escape out of the town. About the time he reached the deserted houses, the Guards were only several meters away from him. When he thought it was all over, someone yanked him by his arm and pulled him inside one of the houses. At the same time, a figure rushed out from the house replacing him who was chased by the Guards. Soon the Guards and the figure ran out of his sight. 

Cao Huang was lying down face first. He stood up and started to cough because of all the dust that he had swallowed. He dusted his cloths and moved his gaze around to find who had saved him. Soon a familiar person walked out of the shadows. As he was all alone, he decided to inspect the person before him. 

[Poisonous Rat] (Bronze Tier, Human)

Level 30

HP 6000/6000 

MP 2500/2500

Cao Huang was startled after seeing so much HP. Poisonous Rat alone can kill every single player inside the town if not for the presence of all the NPCs. 

"I was once a soldier in the King of Ever-Green Kingdom's army. I and other soldiers in the platoon were close as Brothers. One day, I was sent on a mission by my commander, I was extremely glad to finally have gotten a chance to prove myself. I had a simple life, a Ioving wife and now that I have even gotten a chance for promotion, I was on cloud nine. It felt like that even if I die, I won't have any regrets. Next day at dusk, I quickly packed up the necessities and departed towards my destination. I had only travelled for thirty minutes when I remembered that I had left my Lucky Dagger at home. I turned around and quickly and silently walked towards my house..." Poisonous Rat who was narrating the story stopped at this point and took a deep breath. 

"When I reached my house, I saw a scene which I would never ever forget for the rest of my life. I saw my WIFE!!! and MY BROTHERS!!! and the person I respected the most my COMMANDER!!! CHEATING!!! on me." Roared Poisonous Rat at the end with his eyes filled extreme fury. 

Quickly his expression changed from furious to a deep wide maddening smile. He started to laugh like he had been possessed. 

"And do you know what I did? I silently walked away burying those feelings with in me for the time being. A week later, I arrived home from my mission. I did exceedingly well and was promoted a 10-Man Commander. My wife came to hug me, her face all smiles. My brothers  and the commander came, hugging me, patting my shoulders, telling me to take care of them in the future. It made me so sick in my heart but still I persevered for what I had in store for them. I invited all of them to a celebratory dinner. My bit** wife cooked different meals for those bas*ards and I brought some wine. In the middle of the celebration, I told them that I had drunk a lot and I also had to report my presence at the garrison so I was leaving. When they heard about that, they all encouraged me that I had nothing to worry about as all of them were here to clean the after mess. I left knowing what would happen when I did. Again after thirty minutes, I returned and found them all dropped to the ground conscious but paralyzed, for I had poisoned them. When they saw me coming with smiles, they asked me to bring medicine for them, but I stood there, laughing at them. When they realized I was the one to poison them, they all started cursing at me, even my beautiful wife was cursing at me. I took out a Dagger from my pouch and started to torture them slowly. Soon they all died unable to handle to pain including my lovely wife who I had tortured the most. At that night, I saw my face reflected in their blood. I looked so so VICIOUS at that time. Now after tens of years, I found someone same as me who shares the same vicious heart. Who kill without caring for his life. You boy! You are vicious and I like it, I ABSOLUTELY LIKE IT!!" Poisonous Rat started to laugh sinisterly while patting Cao Huang's shoulder. 

Cao Huang was having goosebumps after hearing such a story. No wonder they call him Poisonous Rat as his heart and methods are filled with poison.

As he was thinking this, Poisonous Rat who had been laughing like mad once again changed expressions turned to his old sinister self. 

"Now tell me boy, why did you bought so many Vials of poison from me?" he questioned coldly. 

"I bought--" he was about to say that he bought the the poison to kill people when he was suddenly interrupted by Poisonous Rat. 

"Don't lie or I will kill you and hand over your dead body to the guards myself." he warned Cao Huang. 

He had no choice but to tell the truth. He took a deep breath and spoke. 

"I did that to catch your attention." 

"Very good. Now that we are getting along, you can tell me why you wanted to catch my attention." 

"I wanted to change. I wanted to change my destiny, my nature. So that I won't ever be taken advantage of again. I want to achieve my dreams but that requires me to change. I wanted to become a Dark Player." He decided to reveal everything while clenching his fists. 

The house became silent as Poisonous Rat put a finger to his chin as pondering something. After a minute of silence he spoke.

"Since you want to change and you have the likings to become a great killer, I will give you a chance at proving yourself. I will give you a test."

A test! Cao Huang thought he had to pass the test if he wanted to change himself.

0