Glorious Title.
58 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After beating up Wang Huizhen and his lackeys, Cao Huang and the rest left for their classes.

When they arrived in their class, they found that the atmosphere was a little strange. All the boys who had bullied Cao Huang in the past were distancing themselves away from him. The girls who had always made fun of him due to his slightly fat body were shooting glances at him. Some of the more bold ones even asked him if he was single. 

All these people were those who previously disdained Cao Huang due to his poor appearance. Now, that they saw Cao Huang beat Wang Huizhen and his lackeys, they all started to suck up to him. Coupled with his now lean body and good looks, he was a perfect boyfriend material for the girls. Even though he was poor, the skills he should were enough for him to become a normal Martial Artist if not a famous one. 

Cao Huang felt all the gazes on him but he didn't bother to return any of them back. The only feeling he felt for them was nothing more than indifference.

The classes started and soon every student was groaning from displeasure. The lessons were boring and too difficult for students to understand so they weren't interested in the class except Cao Huang who felt that the lessons weren't that difficult to understand. This was the effect of increase in his mental strength. His ability to memorize, comprehend, understand and concentrate also experienced growth. 

The school ended, Shi Yan and Tang Tang went to their respective houses, while Cao Huang went to pick up Cao Dan. After coming home he started to study earnestly as the National University Admission Tests were only a week away. If he wanted to get a scholarship in a good University, he had to score high marks. After that he went to Shi Yan's house to get some gym equipment for his workout. He did work out with dumbbells, did several hundred squats, lunges and push-ups. His body was screaming with exhaustion but still didn't give up and went the extra mile. When the time for the servers to open came, he collapsed on the bed and and logged in the game. 

After Cao Huang logged in, he was still standing at the same spot where he had previously logged out. 

The first thing he did back in the game was to check the items he received from Azurus. He picked up the three skill books and started to examine them. 

[Parry] (Defense skill, Active)  

Skill Level: 1 (Proficiency 0/300)

Requirements: A weapon

Restriction: Can be performed by all melee categories. 

Effect: Block a single attack that comes from the front.

Cooldown: 30 seconds. 

[Parry] as the name suggests, can be used to parry a single attack. It is a skill which every melee player yearns for. It is a valuable lifesaving skill that is useful in both PvP and Boss raids. In certain death conditions it can buy players some valuable time to be healed the healers.

"What crappy skill is this? My luck is bad as a rotten egg." Cao Huang cursed out loudly.

"If other professional players heard what you just said, then they will surely curse your seven generations." Vilariun appeared in the air out of nowhere and spoke. 

"Vilariun? What does this has to with cursing?" Asked Cao Huang. 

"Do you even know the drop rate of [Parry]? Only level 15 and above monsters drop this rare skill book for melee players and the odds of dropping it are one in ten thousand and you call this bad luck. If your is bad luck then what type of luck does others have?"

"Can't I just Parry an attack without any skill books? I only have to raise my palms or daggers and deflect the attack. I don't have to worry about the skill having cooldown either." He justified. 

In Absolute Supremacy, if you are extremely proficient in some physical moves you can create a skill of your own. Your own created skill's efficiency depends upon your concentration, technique and execution. 

But it is extremely difficult to create and execute your skills. For a skill like [Parry], you may have to perform it number of times and train it to a certain level to get it completely correct while if you have a skill book, you can directly execute it without any need of practice and training. It can be said like this that by using a skill book, the system is helping you to perform a perfected version of that skill while without skill book you are responsible for your own body movements, timing, placement, execution, body rotation etc.

The former is easy to perform but comes with its own restrictions like cool down and unable to be trained to surpass 100% efficiency while the latter may be extremely hard to master and execute and consumes large amount of concentration but it's advantage lies in having no cool down and it can also be trained to surpass 100% efficiency rate. 

"I said before, you don't have the ability to create your own skills yet. So you can only perform [Parry] with the help of the skill book."

Cao Huang nodded and inspected the second skill book. 

[Rapid Acceleration] (Movement Skill, Active)

Skill Level: 1 (Proficiency 0/300)

Requirements: No Requirement.

Restriction: Can be performed by Swordsmen, Assassins and Rangers. 

Effect: Increase your Movement Speed and Attack Speed by 20% for 10 seconds. 

Cool down: 5 minutes. 

An extremely rare movement skill for melee players. It can be used to increase Movement Speed and Attack Speed. Increased Movement Speed can help the player to attack most of the attacks, while increased attack speed can make it difficult for the opponent to dodge attacks. It is suitable for classes which specialize in speed. 

"Wow! What a godly skill. As an Assassin this skill was tailored for me. By rapidly accelerating I can catch my opponents off-guard." he exclaimed in admiration. 

"Now it's time for the third skill book."

[Force] (Special Action Skill)

Skill Level: 1 (Proficiency 0/1000)

Requirement: No Requirement 

Restriction: No Restriction

Effect: Depends upon user.

Skill at Level 1 will have 400 Kg force, while every increases in Skill Level in level will increase force by 90 kg. 

Note: Different actions will have different effects. 

Cool down: No cool down.

"What kind of skill is this?" Cao Huang asked puzzled. 

"Force is an addition skill. It has no specific effect. It is really hard to explain so it will better if you can practically experience it." Answered Vilariun seriously.

"OK, I will but first I have to inspect the remaining items."

"Now, let's see what kind of rings I have obtained." He said while rubbing his hands. 

[Ring of illusion] (Ring, Gold Grade) 

Level 0 - Level 50 (Current Level: 5)

Requirements: Intelligence 5, Strength 10, Agility 10, Endurance 2

Note: Attributes adjusted according to Players Level. 

Restrictions: No restrictions. 

Effect: Strength +3, Agility +5, Intelligence +2

Addition Skill 1: Illusion Storm. 

Confuses opponents in a 10 metre radius up-to 5 seconds by trapping them with in an all illusion of users choice. Duration depends upon opponents level. Target up-to 10 individuals. 

Cool Down: 30 minutes. 

Additional Skill 2: Cloning.

Creates 3 Clones of player, each possessing 30% of players attributes. Deactivate when clones or player die. 

Cool down: 20 minutes. 

Addition Skill 3: Eyes of Illusion.

Special Effect: Able to see through all kinds of illusions when activated. 

Cool down: 3 minutes. 

[Ring of Swiftness] (Ring, Silver Grade)  

Requirements: Agility 12

Restriction: No Restriction.

Effect: Agility +4

Movement Speed +1

Strength +1

Additional Skill: Silent-Steps.

Allows the user to arrive at the target's back silently. Maximum range of 40 yards.

"Haha! These two rings are sick. All of the things I have received till now greatly complement me." Said Cao Huang. 

"The only things left are the scroll, the shiny stone and the letter."

Cao Huang checked the details of the scrolls and when he did..... 

[Scroll of Random Summoning] (Summoning Scroll, Legendary) (Level 1) (Infinite Uses) 

Requirements: 500 Death Points for a single use.

Restriction: Emperor of Death's Successor. 

Effect: Summons a random creature to help the user for a duration of 5 minutes. 

Level 1: The summoned creature is 10 levels above the user. 

Upgrade Requirements: 5000 Death Points. 

Note: Cannot be stored. Cannot be dropped. Cannot be destroyed. 

"Nooo way! No damn way!! A legendary item? Even an exclusive one for me at that. This reward is too cool. With this nobody can stop me. Hahaha!" Cao Huang started laughing like a lunatic. 

"Don't fret. Do you even know how difficult it is to accumulate Death Points? Do you even know what Death Points are?" Vilariun said mockingly. 

"I didn't thought about that. So can you tell me?" Cao Huang asked embarrassed. 

"You will know soon enough." answered Vilariun without explaining. 

"If you say so, now let's check the other two items."

[Azurus Letter] (miscellaneous)

Description: Deliver this letter to High Priest of Radiance Temple. 

"Is that all?" Cao Huang asked dumbly. 

"It is a great item. You will realize it when you deliver it to a High Priest." explained Vilariun. 

"Are you going to answer my questions without being mysterious or not?" he was annoyed Vilariun's habit of leaving half finished explanations.

"What will you do if I am the one to tell you everything?" countered Vilariun. 

"Okay you win, let's see the next item." he said sounding defeated. 

[Cursed Stone] (Mission Item) 

System: You have been cursed by the Emperor Of Death. Unable to complete his mission in 30 Days will result in All Attributes decrease by 90%.

Mission: Kill a Nightmare class beast in 30 days. 

Rewards: What the monster drops.

Cao Huang was startled after hearing the systems notification. 

"Azurus, you son of a ****, I knew you were up-to something no good. Kill a Nightmare Class Beast? If you wanted to kill me then just say so." Cao was furious after seeing the prank played on him by Azurus. 

He could only barely kill a Nightmare beast only when he reaches Level 50 and obtains his third advancement. It means becoming a Gold Tier with in 30 days. 

This what Azurus meant by not allowing him and easy life and path of difficulties. 

Putting this aside for the time being, he checked his title description. 

Title: Emperor Of Death's Successor (Beginner). 

Description: Emperor Of Death, Azurus is a figure who is unrivaled under Supremes. It is also rumoured that his strength reaches half-step Supreme. The Emperor Of Death is feared by all the living, the dead, the righteous and the evil. So as his successor who is prophesied to surpass him, you also enjoy great privileges. Increases the accumulation of Death Points by 10%. Inflicts fear upon every being and reduces their defence by 20%(Only Restricted to beings less than 10 levels or 10 levels above user. If the creature is more than 10 levels above, the reduction effect is reduced to 2%).

Additional Effects:

Deterrence: Every being of the same level regardless of their Tier suffer from fear upon encountering user. Can be activated and deactivated. 

Ruler of Death: All attributes increase by 50% in areas filled with death intent, dark or evil mana. 

Prestige Of Death: Status of Marquis in all dark territories. 

Fear Of Death: Status of Viscount in every righteous territory. 

Death steals life: Every attack that lands successfully steals HP from the target. The amount of stolen is 1% of the total damage delivered. 

Reapers of Soul: Can reap souls from beings that are at their ends. 

Title Upgrade required: 100,000 Souls.

0