Chapter 1 – Seraph (Edited)
89 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Edit: Removed a line that was missed during editing.

Edit 2: Changed Ending.

Edit 3: Seraphim (Plural) --> Seraph (Singular)

Seraphs and Cherubs --> Angels

Some other revisions.

As I, Amelia Watson, was walking down the street, a square panel suddenly appeared in front of my eyes. The panel was translucent, colored in a dark shade of blue, surrounded by a white border.

Strange, I thought. I'm still too young for this sort of nonsense hallucination. Maybe I wasn't as healthy as I thought?

As I was doubting my mental health, I looked at my surroundings. Several people were frozen like ice, and they were staring at something that I couldn't see in front of them. Some were visibly confused, while some others wondered "What is this..?" out loud.

Seems like it isn't just me. As I realized this, I sighed in relief. Looks like my head's working fine. Now... what is this...?

As I stared at the panel for a few seconds, I analyzed it, trying to figure out what it is. I attempted to wrap my head around it, using the information in my brain to figure out what this thing could be.

Then, it came to me.

It can't be that... I thought, as I recalled a webnovel I recently read. I'm not Korean though... so it seems I won't be the main character.

hisssss...

While I was decieving myself to think I was funny, I heard hissing in my head which caused it to ache. I attempted to cover my pure ears from this hellish tune, but it seems like I still hear it then. Where is that coming from?

The annoying static went on for a few more seconds. When it ended, The panel suddenly showed a video, in which a young girl with blue and green hair appeared in the video. I felt a vague sense of connection to the young girl, reminding me of the times I accidently ate dirt. The girl started to speak, a serious sounding voice which makes it evident that what this girl says is likely important.

"This is an announcement from the representative of the Planet Earth.

The pathetic gods have awakened. They have forgotten the events of the Great Floods. They will once more attempt to annihilate humanity. We have contacted the Outer Ones. They will come to our aid. When they arrive, those pathetic imbeciles will no longer be able to pose a threat.

Survive until then. To assist you, we have granted you several abilities to enable your survival.

We wish for a most beautiful fabric. For Terra."

BOOOOM-!

Soon after the young girl finished speaking, a loud explosion resounded from the skies. My pitiful ears have been damaged once again. As I regained my hearing, several objects fell from the sky.

BOOM!

A less loud explosion resounded once more from the place the UFOs fell. The UFOs were actually 10 spheres surrounded by a giant ring and one humanoid. Suddenly the humanoid flew towards where I was at an incredibly high speed, with the spheres following it.

One sphere got closer to our position when,

BOOM!

With that, the holy trinity of explosions was established, and a building next to where I was suddenly leaned towards my location.

Time to run! My adrenaline was released as I, and some others were running away from certain doom, but the humanoid seemed to want to kill us. Why me? While I lamented at the fact that I was to die soon, I searched my surroundings for a gun I could use. Due to my heaven defying luck, all I find are baseball bats, knives and other melee weapons. Use those instead? Haha no, with that thing's speed, I would die.

I found a bag with a revolver and about 60 bullets on the ground. I picked the bag up as I was running, put the bag strap on my shoulder, took the gun and filled it with bullets, then I looked back and shot all the bullets.

Due to the fact that I'm running away while the humanoid flew towards me in a stupidly high speed, most of my shots, except one missed. The bullet that didn't miss was lodged at the humanoid's shoulder.

The humanoid paused due to the injury. I took this opportunity to rest while reloading my gun. I released six bullets once again, injuring the humanoid in its vital points. The humanoid froze for a moment.

I took this opportunity to analyze the humanoid while once again reloading my gun. The humanoid was freakish, it had six arms, six wings, eyes all over its body, and a halo. The left half of the halo was filled with cracks, while the other half was pitch black. It was the same with its body. the left half of its body lacked much skin, exposing its bones and organs, three of its once majestic wings reduced to a stump. The right half of its body had a blue-ish color, with black veins spread all over it. three of its wings are now black, seemingly withering away. It had seven eyes on its body, all of which were destroyed by me.

A seraph, I thought. A caretaker of the Abrahamic God, YHWH. Looks like that God invasion thing was true. Even then, what could have damaged the seraph this much?

The nine spheres behind are actually gigantic eyeballs, the rings are filled with words that seems to be part of the book of revelations, though I can't see it all due to the damages. Five of the eyeballs and rings are slowly darkening, while the the rest are full of so many cracks, that they seem as fragile as porcelain. 

After I reloaded my gun, the seraphim suddenly released a high-pitched screech. The eyeballs then rushed towards me, and I used my gun to kill six of them. The seraph then started to flail around, killing the three remaining eyeballs. The ring suddenly exploded, the force throwing me and the seraph to a building.

Painful.

The seraph started rampaging, flying around and destroying the city. I reloaded the revolver, then attempted to kill the seraphim. I failed.

Fuck, I can't kill it. I realized this and was preparing to run away, until I noticed a little girl.

SHIT!

I ran to the girl, took her, and started to run away.

The girl looked like she just finished crying. She stared at the place we ran from, saying "Mommy mommy mommy" repeatedly.

With my luck, the damn seraphim charged towards us, I dodged, falling on the floor. I stood up, and ran away again with the child. Many buildings were falling over due to the seraphim's rampage.

It was chaos.

Later on, the girl woke up. Seems like she forgot all about what happened.

I looked at the city once again, the buildings once standing tall are now nothing more than rubble.

A metallic scent is evident in the air.

I hear nothing, not even the chirping of birds.

The city feels devoid of life, nothing but the dying angels.

They seemingly pray to something in silence, begging for life, even if all they have left are their dying bodies.

...

We have to leave this place.

2