Chapter 2
79 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tension and fear were trapped by the air, while at the sight of everyone, two beings that could be called legends were about to face each other.

- Dude… you really don't know how to make decisions… - Brendo said, putting his hand on Gabriel's shoulder, being enough to calm him down a little. - What do you think of following the script at least once?

- What do you mean? - Gabriel replied, with high guard.

- Killing her would not solve anything ... it would only strike us in an unknown place, what do you think of going where she wants? Anyway, it's not like you're going to die.

-… - Gabriel let out a long breath. - I think so, could you take care of the staff?

- No, you take the newbie! - Brendo said, without fearing the consequences.

- Huh ?!

- Apparently she was classified as Rank D, while everyone else in the class is ranked A upwards. If she got in the way and the Goddess wanted to kill her, we would have no way to stop it.

- It makes sense ... but man, you're asking me for too much! - Gabriel commented.

- Yes, but I'm not done yet! - Brendo said seriously.

- Really?! Gabriel asked, slightly irritated.

- Well, that last one you will like. - Brendo said confidently. - How about if we did a competition? We will take advantage that we are on opposite sides.

- … Say more! - Gabriel was excited, Brendo may not be at his level, but he is definitely someone strong that if with the right equipment, one day he could surpass him.

- It's simple, let's see who will be stronger: Me, Matis and Yuti versus you and the newbie ?! So, what do you think?

- Interesting, but it's not worth crying for mom after getting beaten! - Gabriel said in a high tone. - Hey, Elizabeth! - Gabriel shouted, looking for the girl.

- O-Oi ?! - Elizabeth replied in surprise, since she did not expect this call.

- You can come here? - Gabriel had an imposing posture, while ignoring the Goddess behind him, who kept her eyes closed and remained thoughtful.

Elizabeth approached, she was hesitant, and like most students, she was confused about what was going on.

- Y-yes? - Said Elizabeth.

- You will come with me, all right? Asked Gabriel.

- Huh ?! Weren't you going to be killed? Elizabeth replied.

- Tsk! I lost morale, as if a mere Goddess was capable of killing me.

- Huh ?!

- Well ... let me simplify. - Said Gabriel, as he approached the girl's ear. - If you stay here, you will be killed. Whispered Gabriel. At that moment, the girl felt a chill down her spine, and then swallowed hard, then the boy distanced himself. - You see?

- Y-yes.

- Very well! Shouted Gabriel, while turning his back. - Hey, Goddess of Araque!

- What's it? - Replied the Goddess with angry eyes.

- The girl here goes with me, is there a problem?

- If she agrees, I have none.

- Very well, take me to the place where I wanted, I will show you what I am capable of! - Said Gabriel, with greater confidence than the leg.

-… - The Goddess replied with silence.

Soon she reached out to those two, and as before, they started to shine, then they were taken to a dungeon full of monsters. They were both in a dark place, lit only by a beam of light.

-… I know I said all that… but fuck, did it have to be so dark? - Gabriel commented.

- You didn't expect this ?! Cried Elizabeth.

- Of course not ... - Gabriel blinked three times. - But if you open that menu ... you can see it more easily, since it is semi-transparent.

-… - Elizabeth blinked three times. - Oh, it's true!

- For now, let's review ...

Gabriel interrupted his speech and jumped towards Elizabeth, he collided with her, throwing her further. Then a large ax passed quickly, if Gabriel had not done so, Elizabeth would have had her head severed.

- What the fuck! - Gabriel commented, while looking at the bottom of the cave, the boy saw two bright red eyes, which were walking towards him. - So they are already coming ...

Gabriel got off her and stood up, facing the monster that came without fear. Even if Gabriel was nervous inside, he knew that if he ran from there, he could run into other monsters, and if he showed fear, the enemy would grow bigger. When that being got closer, it was possible to see its appearance clearly, it was a giant minotaur, 2 meters tall. Gabriel, close to that monster, who stopped in front of him and snorted; he would remember nothing more, nothing less than the fight between David and Goliath.

The confrontation started when the minotaur raised his arm with an ax and then attacked Gabriel, who jumped aside, thus deflecting. In ordinary situations, he would only need to run and hide, but this is impossible, since he is accompanied by the girl, and leaving it behind would be something that would hurt his honor. Besides ... this is not the first time he has fought someone several times stronger than himself.

The monster pulled his ax towards Gabriel's head, if he caught it, it would be certain death, the boy realized this and simply ducked. At that moment, he realized that his body was ridiculously lighter, so he simply aimed at the minotaur's throat, and with clean hands, tried to kill him. The boy's blow was intercepted in the air when the monster, with the other hand, punched his belly. Gabriel managed to rest his hands on the enemy's arm and throw himself back, so the giving he took was not so great.

- Hi, hi ... seriously this? - Gabriel commented.

Gabriel distanced himself a little, and picked up the ax that was stuck in the ground, previously thrown by the minotaur. In a pose like that of a runner, he lowered his head, the ax in his hands. Gabriel believed that the minotaur would not back down, since if he kicked right, the minotaur would be unable to refuse such an invitation. The bovine, with two large horns on his forehead, recognized it as a request for a duel, and did the same pose as Gabriel.

The two picked up momentum on the floor and ran towards each other. The minotaur was the first to take action, and he raised his ax, his target was Gabriel's head. While Gabriel held his ax low. When the two met, it was a clean and precise cut, with the ax stuck in his hand, the minotaur's arm went flying. Gabriel was able to cut off the monster's arm before it cut off its head.

- Urhhh. - Gabriel shouted. - I haven't fought like that for a while ... if he wasn't always aiming his head, I wouldn't even have a chance.

The minotaur was on the ground, he could easily scream and wait for more monsters to come, but if he did, he would literally cry after losing a battle. So he just remained silent, and closed his eyes, waiting for the final blow. Gabriel raised his ax to finish the battle with honor.

- You fought well, see you on the other side! - Gabriel said, then lowered the ax with pressure, cutting the enemy's throat.

"The player has moved up the chain!"

"Current level: 150"

“Points to be distributed: 300”

- Hmmm, I think I will need to fix this "system".

2