Prologue
28 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It all started when the game THE NINE STAGES OF HELL came to be; it was released in 2020 as a new MMORPG using cutting edge technology and its audience range was for everyone. During the time’s everyone had nothing better to do the game was brought forth a storm. On the first day of release, it gathered over 3 million players; these numbers quickly multiplied over the next couple of months. The game was massive, the role of the game was to reach the end of the nine stages of hell as to reach heaven like in Dante's Inferno. The map was too large for just one person to ever reach all the corners. The main theme of the game was hell but all floors were detailed this was because the devs made an Ai who generated the world.

 

 The player could choose from four different classes, warrior, ranger, and wizard; these were just basic terms used so that the player would not be overwhelmed by the choices they could pick from in the future. The devs made it so that if the player knew the general class they wanted to play but did not know what class in that range they wanted they could wait until they reached level 5 in which most of the choices would be accessible. This did not take into account that some classes were secret and others had certain requirements that needed to be unlocked to get it. THE NINE STAGES OF HELL had nine stages each one harder than the last. There were guilds but it was pretty loose unless guild battles which happened here and there for items or places to grind. The game was mostly focused on strategies as if you went into fights with brute force most of the time you would die.

 

Each floor being completely different as so the mobs. As the game was based on Dante’s Inferno the mobs would represent the sinners and demons on that floor. The game was massively enjoyable for the user base for the first year but as all hype trains, the hype slowly died down only leaving about half of what they used to be. This was mostly because the game was very grueling. No one was able to complete it in the first year making people believe it was impossible or near impossible to beat. As the player base dwindled it only left a dedicated few.

 The devs tried many things to gather players back; this mostly consisted of events such as sub-quests or the possibility of getting OP weapons. It worked somewhat allowing the game to live for another three years. During these three years, the world did not wait for this game and continued heading straight forward leaving this once cutting edge tech game into something that was considered old and unplayable. So as the game slowly lost players and the devs could only watch as they had pulled all cards but one. This last card was to allow all players to fight the final boss and so they pulled it. In 2024 it was released that the boss of the game would be fought on a certain date.

 

 All the player base teamed up, grinded together and made friends. They became one team; this one team would fight against Satan and the betrayers. The battle was intense and adrenaline kept pushing the players forward. The battle commenced for 5 hours until the end where the mighty spear struck Satan winning the fight. This battle which was the devs the last card brought it down on its knees with no boss left and no need to continue the storyline. People looked for entertainment elsewhere and so everyone focused on killing each other. The devs abandoned the game to which they released news of the second game coming out in the near future. Only three months after the final boss fight, most players left as they were killed or did not feel like playing anymore the game was shut down. All players who enjoyed the game called a truce and met up to share their experiences in THE NINE STAGES OF HELL. Wanting to make one of the player’s goals they gave all their loot to him for him to make the strongest weapon and so he did. After all the fun was overall players disconnected leaving this once great game to finally sleep getting the rest it deserved. THE NINE STAGES OF HELL went offline.

1