Prometheus
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This unforeseen demonic nature, seeing the inevitable death of others in the form of numbers, an ominous fate. A tingling, numbed sensation filled into my core to these insignificant symbols. Yet, one such observation of a young couple, with their baby in tow, strolling down a concrete sidewalk. Tick tick, the infant's clock read 11:59:30, barely half a day left. I dragged my feet through wood chips to my favorite red swing.

Pumping my legs to the maximum height, letting gravity control this action. I stared into the vast sea of nothingness, the curvature of earth's blue sky. This life of mine changed in such a brief period, with no recollection of my atrocious act of committing parricide. A vivid memory of an iron-filled scent of me drenched in blood, in the middle of Striabridge city. Why I felt no remorse? They deserved... what? This thought so dark and worrisome.

Simply, a consequence of that action, staying hidden from local Law enforcement. Onset of puberty culminated in exposing my sex as a female. I shuffled my feet across the wood pellets, stopping this swinging motion. Oncoming low dense clouds roamed into this sight, the sunset in the west; turning them a pink hue. A thundering voice from behind rattled my insides.

"Young man!"

I glimpsed at a male who wore a police uniform, sprinting away with every ounce of my being. Now two blocks down standing in front of a brick building layered; faded wanted posters of me. Yet covered up by a worker who ignored my presence, jamming to music from their headphones. I shielded myself with a red hood from a sudden onslaught of frozen water, loitering on the edge of the building's gray awning.

The older man ran off, the policeman nowhere in sight. This constant paranoia filled the depths of this mind, trust no one. Why weren't they spending resources on me anymore? I shook my head; this a trick by them? I'd better head home, this horrid weather likely to intensify into a full-blown winter storm.

My long, treacherous journey down to an industrialized area, the local predators stalked for victims in the early hours. I scanned the area various times, scrutinizing each movement of others and mine. A chain-link fence surrounded my abandoned home, a keep out sign by Sterling Properties. Whereas remnants piled in the form of my only sanity and stability, near a bulldozer's blade. I wrung my hands around the barricade, collapsing to my knees. How... w...ou.ld I survive this winter...

Side eyeing a skeevy man on my way out of the area, stepping purposefully in case escaped needed. I slipped my hand into my hoodie pocket, clutching a switch blade. Undoubtedly only two options to either roam the streets tonight or risk my ass re-encountering the owner of this blade. Which the tormentor Curtis played a part in me ending up alone away from the encampment of children. His favorite toy, he proudly stated to me back then. My chest throbbed as these feet dragged toward a forest located ten miles elsewhere.

I shivered in my soaking wet tattered jeans and over-sized red hoodie. Both of my hands slipped into this kangaroo pocket for some trace of warmth. An odd rough texture rubbed against my wrist, pulling out a piece of stale and semi soggy bread. As for the morsel I savored, every little crumb melting into this mouth, my only food since yesterday. A tall metal fence towered over my stature, painstakingly approaching the entrance, each step crunched from a leaf or twig. When a teenager covered in camo, aimed a high-powered rifle at my lower body. He motioned me to turn using his left hand, as reinforcements poured in from the forest's foliage.

Curtis approached, placing his pale hand on my shoulder. "I was expecting you," he whispered close to my ear. "I was excited my favorite pet was coming back. How long are you staying?"

"I will leave by morning," my voice trembled, "Take your hands off me," his palm brushed off me.

"At ease," he motioned his hand. "lead him to my quarters," he smirked, "Don't let your guard down,"

"Yes, sir," a blonde teenager saluted.

Two teenagers with pistols on their hips led me away, through the gate to several minor tent cities. The dirt path forked, two signs showing a separation of the sexes in indistinguishable handwriting, mine. But we weaved right to a massive green tent where a name hanged, Curtis. One opened the entrance, forcing me inside; the boys remained near the tent's entrance. I snatched furry leopard blankets from Curtis's cot on the right. Lest I faced a heater exposing my flank or use these several flimsy blankets. Slowly lulling to sleep in a corner, my switchblade laid in a crevice between the tent's wall.

For a loud noise awoke me from a deep slumber, blinking my eyes to a sun that peeked through. Curtis stood in front of direct sunlight, grasping a knife someone plunged into his chest. He fell to his knees, gurgling a red liquid, and yanked out the weapon. Blood spurted from Curtis's wound as his clock counted down to zero. Frozen, I‌ hung my head, staring at these torn-up clothes. What the hell just... my blade protruding from his chest, I stabbed him?

Taking an undefined path to the primary gate; an immature boy approached Curtis's tent. A loud scream that alerted the militia to this crime came hauling ass towards me. This heavy sensation in my stomach traveled to the back of this throat, vomiting onto the dirt floor for several seconds. While I‌ sprinted down the hill, heading to the industrialized area, overflowed with vagrants.  My heartbeat raced, leaning on an abandoned factory building, peering around the corner. A voice filled my left ear, turning to a security guard for this part of town, on the premises of a Sterling property building; how disconcerting.

"Are you ok?" he leaned, "Who attacked you?"

A cold tingling radiated throughout my body; this shivering intensified. I rocked back and forth, holding my head when my mind blanked. Yet howling freaked out the security guard who blankly stared.  A wall with painted lettering caught my fists' attention, each punch inconsistent unnecessarily thrashing about. Sirens blared towards our direction and I fell to my weight onto the concrete ground.

A policeman approached me. "Kid," he snapped his fingers in front of my face, "are you ok?"

"I killed him..." I laughed, "He deserved..." looking up at the cop. "it,"

"Medic!"

The medics rushed over, shining a light into my eyes, the responsiveness of these pupils dull. I turned into an immovable object, staring into nothingness. Whereas they transferred my catatonic Body to a gurney; we left the scene. I descended into darkness, floating inside my vast mind only to hear an uncontrolled laugh.  One that echoed, increasing in volume. What the hell? That creepy voice...

As a flash-forward out of this catatonic state, like a nonsensical dream in this padded room. A subtle light peeked through a windowed door from florescent lights in the adjoining hall. This unbearable itchiness from these horrid white hospital scrubs. I clawed at with my shortened nails, leaving indentations in my skin. What happened earlier? Laid out on the floor, staring at the ceiling, a voice spoke in my head.

Freedom.... Oh, sweet freedom. He deserved his death, that bastard.

Who said that?

You can hear me?

The enemy approaches...

I arose, staring at the dull silver door as a shadow shifted under this door's crevice. A force pushed open the entrance, turning on these automatic florescent lights above me.  I squinted my eyes to the sudden brightness in a once grim room, to a female figure who moved fluidly. When she clipped her blonde hair back, gawking with her blue eyes and kicked off her heels, placing them near the only exit. She strolled forward in a black-striped pants suit as her eyes frosted over; my body flung several feet from the ground. Where I defied physics by floating without causation, what power. A heinous entity slithered around my frame, restricting this movement, minimizing my breathing.

She held a knife out, "I am Dr. Schindler, and I will take care of you," dragging the dagger near my throat, "You are the enigma that entered my hospital."

"I have rights..." I hesitated, then gulped. "as a human being,"

"Honey, you don't understand, do you?" She pulled the knife away, "Your eyes tell all."

Dr. Schindler grasped my head, forcing attention to her cold eyes. Brutally, she scrolled through memories like a movie; no control over my faculties, violently invaded this consciousness. Dr. Schindler, only scratching the surface, gathered pertinent information; as a result, this black door appeared. These repressed instances of my past behind this ominous gateway. She entered able to play a lone memory of the fight, before my parents ended up executed by me that night.

"We know you can't stand your new school," My father stressed his voice, "But you will make friends," he crossed his arms.

"I can't take it anymore," I paced, "Every day, I am tormented, and you don't know what they do to me."

"We have talked to the school, and there is no record of the people you are talking about." he sighed, "You are the one tormenting yourself by thinking this way," he shook his head.

"Don't talk to her like that, Nathaniel." A woman's voice trembled, "She is going through a tough time already, and we will get the help she needs." My mother placed her hand on my father's shoulder.

"She is crazy, and that expensive place ...." he put his hand over his mouth.

"I'm not crazy," I sobbed,"I beg of you," falling to my knees. "I'm not.."

"Look what you did," My mother rubbed my arms, "What you called your own daughter."

My body tremored a sense of terror filled the pit of my stomach. Loss of control of my free-will shattering into millions of pieces. A dizzying world, I collapsed staring at the darkness. A night of screams and maniacal laughing, unbearable.

  Dr. Schindler intensified her power flow through to invade my mind further. A force discharged from inside of me, catapulting her across the room. Unexpectedly, I ended up on the ground hugging my arms in a balled position. She stomped forward with blood running down her nose and the rabid woman clutched my collar. Dr. Schindler spoke words in an exotic language, an alteration in this mindset to an ambiance of insufferable sobbing. A river of water broken by these murderous hands, this bizarre world this...

"But please tell me." my body trembled, "What will happen to me?"

"What's the fun in that?" she clapped, "Know this, you don't exist in the outside world anymore."

"Is that why..."

Dr. Schindler gathered herself together, leaving the room with her heels in hand.  For this mind became chaotic, unpleasant thoughts flooding back rapidly. The lights turned off as she covered the window, blocking any stimuli from entering. Like a dam broke, all these repressed emotions filled the deepest depths of this psyche. I screeched; the darkness crept into these thoughts; the voice in this head from earlier sang a song that I repeated loudly.

"Forgive this sin I am about to commit. Blood, the essence of life, the smell so enticing. Be afraid the bitch who tried to slice me,"

0