Subjugation
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arachne this chain weapon revolved rapidly, engulfing this entire body. She glowed with a radiant white light invading my consciousness. This psyche collapsed into nothingness‌ in an unfamiliar space, a frigid breeze streamed in. When I‌ shivered, a subtle glimmer appeared in the form of a female figure. A black-haired, blue-eyed woman sauntered in, though our surroundings manifested to that of a Gothic room.

“Hello, we now can officially meet,” she bowed. “I am Arachne and will serve you in the time to come,” 

“Serve me?” I shifted my stance. “I don’t understand,”

“I am here to protect you, young one.” 

“Then why? Didn’t you come earlier in my life?”

“Those were human matters that I couldn’t interfere in.”

I‌ paced the room, running my fingers along several frosted windows with no scenery. Slowly the cold crept in like hands grasping at me, causing violent tremors in my upper extremities. Arachne lit the fireplace by snapping her fingers, as these emerging blue flames danced intricately. While each motion transfixed my eyes; approaching to embrace the fire. She carefully led me away to a cushioned chair where I plopped down, releasing this overwhelming tension.

“What was that?” I blinked slowly. “It was so…”  

“Beautiful?” she smirked, “Your future awaits…”  

Why is it so cold….”

“Sleep child… sleep.”

 Cold.... so cold... I attempted to move these legs, then arms. What the hell happened to me? Arachne? No response from her. Move body! Move...  A prickling sensation on my right foot; who poked me? A commotion in the room, so unruly, a fight? That damned doctor; he subjected me to heat then this arctic cold. Only to cause hypothermia? No, more like a deep hibernation.

“Dr. Hammond,”  he pinched his nose, “What did I say about unauthorized tests?”

“Dr. Sinclair, I didn’t expect,” Dr. Hammond cleared his throat, “For her to react this way,”

“Is she dead?”

“I don’t know.”

“How do you not know?”

“The tests came back inconclusive.”

Arachne pulled me from this body, observing every action of these doctors. Dr. Hammond, a bald man, handed Dr. Sinclair a tablet device. While he swiftly scrolled through data, placing the device down on a metal tray. Dr. Sinclair rubbed his temples, digging through the drawers, and grabbed several needles. They floated in the air at his command, emitting a green afterglow.

“Are you insane?” Dr. Hammond’s voice strained, “Trying to use techno magic on her. We don’t even know her species,”

“We have used various other types on her,” Dr. Sinclair grimaced, “Not like anyone will know the difference. She is most likely dead any ways,”

“I cannot condone this even if you are my superior.”

“Then leave.”

“No.”

Dr. Hammond watched as each needle penetrated vital spots for readings. Until this body convulsed on the table, spitting the foreign objects out. Dr. Sinclair stared at the ceiling and attempted to dislodge those needles. So he paced around the room, waving his hand frantically. Dr. Hammond searched through a glass cabinet, grabbing a vile, then a clean syringe.

“Did you get any readings?” Dr. Hammond filled his syringe, “the last option is human medicine,”

“All… I got was static and…” Dr. Sinclair stuttered, “a sudden surge of immense energy,”

Dr. Hammond held the syringe in hand, heading for my body. A loud commotion outside startled both, who blocked the door with various heavy objects. As this reverb filled these ears, my body sucked this soul back into my sack of skin. This crunching metal sound the door forced open and that voice.

“Where the fuck,” she growled, “is she?”

Dr. Hammond’s stolen syringe plunged into my chest, releasing a volatile medicine. I gasped my heartbeat exploded, thumping against my rib cage. Ruthlessly Dr. Schindler removed a needle from my upper body. She wore atrocious clawed scars on her cheeks and lower arms.  The beast inside of me ravaged her like that. How dare you call me a beast! I will show you my genuine nature. When I‌ lunged forward, grabbing at her; they heaved me off this table to the ground, chaining the rabid beast down. They dragged Dr. Schindler out the door; her blue crazed eyes stared into this soul.

“My beautiful figure ruined by you,” she flailed her legs, “Your damage is permanent. Even the best healers could not…” Dr. Schindler gulped, “What are you?” 

Dr. Schindler disappeared through the depths of the door’s long hallway.  A part of the ground surrounding ascended, connecting to form a glass cage. The wall’s material changed to a one-sided mirror. Nor I avoided my reflection of this beast’s red glowing eyes, that faltered. A shift in the enclosure, I‌ rose several hundred feet into the air. Unexpectedly, the structure became transparent as the group of elders reconvened. This time, in various chaotic conversations on the stairs leading down from this cage.

“Unchain me,” I roared, “ and answer my questions,” gritting my teeth.

My restraints dropped, disintegrating as they fell to the floor. The Elders gawked at my every move; on the defensive, in case of the monster’s sudden rampage. While Elder Selviam overlooked papers in his hand, tossing them into the air. Elegantly he fixed his red tie, standing near the center of this Colosseum. A burly, gray-haired man with green eyes joined; the Elders began whispering to each other. His statuesque presence silenced the room, only by holding his finger to his mouth.

“Who are you?”  I fidgeted, “You must be the one in charge they acted so submissive,” my hands shook.

“Elder Satterfield and, Yes, your observations are correct,” he approached the cage. “The dynamic of this situation is fascinating. We have not identified your species which, caused complications on deciding your future. We gathered information on your mana levels. They are unstable and…” he hesitated.

“and what?”

“They need to be under control. You are a child and all this power will kill you.”

“You don’t think I feel it. That meager crack is there. It is like a dam getting ready to burst. ”

An exotic gas filled my lungs, burning with every breath. I collapsed into unconsciousness from a lack of oxygen. When that familiar looming presence of her observing, with flashes of memories of this demon holding a weapon. Mortally, her devious smile bathed in blood, covering every inch; included this black flowing hair. She stared into the cracked living room mirror, writing my name in blood. Where she sent me a warning in the form of a memory, how amusing.

“You will remember this moment, the day I was born from the blood of those whom you loved,” she licked a blade. “The day your evil side showed, and there is no going back,” she cut her hair.  “Your true name will be spoken one day. Goodbye, for now, we will see each other again,” 

Arachne emerged from a mist of these fragmented memories. Her long gray cloak flowed as she strode, extending chains from her hands. Whose actions transformed the scenery to that of a Gothic bedroom. Only to tuck me in red satin sheets into this bed with a matching canopy. A rose scent spritzed out from a nearby diffuser; this fragrance intoxicated these nostrils. Arachne ran her hands through my short black hair. She acted motherly towards me, unlike that bitch. What?

“The fracture is growing, young one.” she leaned in closer, “I need you to sleep,”

“I am not sleepy…” I yawned. “I..” my eyes closed.

I hovered over my body that laid on an engraved altar. These inscribed symbols lit up white, flowing into a rune that twenty men encircled. When energy flowed upwards in vines, entangling my soul, sending shock waves against their efforts. Arachne appeared next to me as their power flow significantly increased. Yet she held onto me her voice shook, leaving me with an unsettling message.

  “I wanted to save you from this pain…” she bit her lip, “This will be unbearable for you, mentally and physically,”

 The mana bursted, a profound force that ripped my existence into diverging paths. I screamed into nothingness as the streams crossed, forming a net structure. As floating inside the inner depths of this chaotic energy. I‌ witnessed a source of my mana with two parts continually fighting for control. So that the chain tightened on the ball of unruly power that exploded out in defense. My mind rattled, revealing a suppressed memory involving my mother’s toxicity.

I laid out several art books out on my carpeted floor, skimming through each page slowly. My sketch pad near and an HB pencil in hand; a quick sketch of this face that floated in my mind with a scowl. I snatched colored pencils darkening in her short black hair with glowing red eyes. An ambience of creepiness my best work of late compared to these crappy sketches.

“Alice,” she stomped up. “What the hell is this?” my mother flung my door open.

I scrambled to hide my sketches, shoving them under this red rug. My mother threw a progress report in my face that read, B+ on all the classes.  She snagged at my works of art, glancing at each then, tore them apart. As much as I held in my tears; my mother reached for my latest work.

“What the fuck is this?” she ripped the paper, “This is shit. You won’t amount to anything trying to be an artist,” 

“I…”

“Don’t talk back to me. Listen to me and you won’t end up like a vagrant on the streets.”

I stayed silent as she worked through like a tornado, random spurts of tossing items.  As clothes flew from my wooden drawers; she discovered my stash of art supplies. On my nightstand, she found a book named “Psychology and You”. Tossing that aside, she stole all my supplies before heading out my door.

“Wait till your father comes home,” she narrowed her eyes,  “and clean up this goddamn mess.” 

A weight lifted off my shoulders as this brain reconstructed. I arose from the altar, observing the haggard elders; who’s life force spilled into these veins. Medics rushed in, transporting them all out of the area. Except for Elder Selviam, who shooed them elsewhere; limping towards me. So, he wiped the blood off his mouth using a green handkerchief monogrammed N.X.S.

“The subjugation has occurred,” he coughed blood, “Oh, that isn’t good…”

“Elder Selviam,” she shook her head, “What is it with you denying medical attention,”

“Before, I am dragged away by this brute. I will partake in guardianship over you for the length of this binding of your powers.”

The medic escorted Elder Selviam away on a gurney. This short amount of time my life changed, while no explanations given to me. My mind cleared for once since a year ago. While this silence inside a chaotic existence; the beast muzzled for how long? sliding these bare feet on the stone ground. Still in these white scrubs? That inside of me, those beings so immense, only controlled by so much power from those Elders; they used their life force.

I observed the surroundings as a figure blocked my view. One that floated with burned skin slowly sloughing off. His golden eyes stared with a dastardly smile, reaching his hand forward. Yet Medics walked through the apparition that phased closer. Adrenaline shot through these veins, fight, or flight, frozen in place, unable to run. Choking on nothing, I held these hands near my neck and avoided eye contact with the figure.

“You aren’t real,” I screamed, “This has to be a side effect of that binding,”

“I am real,” the figure grabbed my arm, “Just that you only perceive me,”

"No… no…”

1