Aileron
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I understand,” I swiveled my head, “You were always out,”

“Oh yes, fun times,” she chuckled, “I was only less powerful,”

“Our game is done. Enjoy your trip back to the real world.”

“I wasn’t finished…”

For my mind shifted into the position of me, grasping onto Elder Selviam’s collar. He fled from this hold; I‌ stepped backward as he regained his composure. Anxiously Augustine charged in with a bucket of water, sloshing everywhere. Elder Selviam shooed him by waving his hand. He slowly inched away, shutting the door on his way out. Arachne? What is going on in there? ‌ARACHNE!

“Why don’t we talk,” he sat near me, “By the look in your eyes, you don’t trust me,”

“Why would I?”  I‌ crossed my arms, “Over this short amount of time. Being thrown into Chaos and Disorder,”

“It hasn’t been a short time. Four months, to be exact.”

“My concept of time has been off that much? What is it you want from me?”

“To show you the truth of my nature. Through a story that will help you understand.”

I stared into his glazed eyes, before venturing into his mind.  We floated above a vast ocean; waves crashed against the shore. The sun peeked through a white flat cloud, blinding me for a moment. Carefully we descended below to a sandy beach; a wave phased through us. This a recollection of his? Yet an amusing way to show me his nature through his partial narration.

A body rocketed towards the water’s edge; this unknown figure engulfed in fire. His name Icarus, from the legend known to be a lowly human, instead of the truth; to be a once graceful angel. So, he landed in the sea, splashing water several feet high from the violent impact. Icarus swam to shore and dragged himself onto the beach. He attempted to protrude his wings, now useless stumps. Blood flowed from his fresh trauma as he stood glaring upward.

“Forget me not,” pointing at the sky, “Beware this fallen angel,” he threw his axe towards the sky. “I‌ will bring death and destruction to your very existence,”

“Icarus hear my voice,” he bellowed, “This is Poseidon venture off, you will find safety,”

“Why speak to this lowly fallen angel.”

“For my progeny needs to flourish. For the coming war.”

Icarus dragged his feet down the beach to a straw hut. Where a woman approached with blue dazzling eyes. Her statuesque figure made Icarus look like a child. She stomped ahead, towering over him, unsheathing a gigantic sword. Intrigued by her, he moved forward while blood poured down his back. Icarus’s healthy color faded from his face, as his loss of vital fluid became critical.

“You are the man,” she pointed her weapon, “Who my father told me about? You are so tiny,” she chuckled.

“Yes,” he fell to his knees, “I am Icarus,”

War? We transported to another space; Elder Selviam’s office rematerialized. He cleared his throat as Arachne manifested next to me in human form. Our location seemingly inside his mind, this the only place that Arachne’s appearance became like this. She fiddled with jewels in her hand, clasping them. Elder Selviam leaned on his desk fiercely staring at Arachne.

“Fascinating story,” she tossed a red gem, “Let us see if this is true that you are the Son of Icarus,”

“How dare you!” he stepped back, “You know what that does to....”

The red gem popped, spiderlings wriggled out in massive amounts. They inched up his legs, digging into his skin, forming into tattoos on his upper arms. He cringed while blue mana saturated the air and inducing Elder Selviam’s coughing fit. I shook my head, peering blankly at Arachne with hands clenched. She opened my hands, placing three different colored gems in them.

“What are these?” I poked them, “They moved...”

“They are my children,” she proudly stated, “They will be useful to you and stop poking them,”

“Are you done?” Elder Selviam loosened his tie, “Let us talk living weapon,”

Ejected from his mind landing beside Augustine, how this body arrived here? Unknown. In a massive library, he set up diverse piles of books, there bindings in an obscure language. I glanced up at the second-floor balcony with volumes of literature that filled the area. That wood carving again a rose? All over this exquisite Oak shelving. An incessant tap on my shoulder, Augustine’s furrowed eyebrows and tapping foot.

“When the hell did you get here?” he sniped, “Wasting my time setting these books up for you,”

“Why are you such a...” I snapped, “dick,”

“Excuse me...”

Augustine carried a red leathered bounded book in his hand that held an Arcane insignia. I‌ swiped from his hand, a piece of literature, why? The beautiful ruby red attracted me. A frigid sensation radiated my fingers, turning the tips into frost. Slowly a creeping heat melted them, Augustine’s hand on my wrist. His eyes, a red tinge as he seized his stolen property back.

“Well... that was unexpected...” he shook his head.

“What is happening,” I spaced out.

The conversation between Arachne and Elder Selviam intensified. The gems wriggled in my pocket, emanating a surge of electrical power. Augustine’s book floated from his hand, opening to a chapter. A dastardly voice spoke to me, the familiarity of Icarus’s egregious tone. Augustine covered his ears as this loud screech shattered the surrounding windows.

“Death to the abomination,” Icarus’s hand reached out, “come here little one,”

 Augustine dragged me to safety as the wooden door splintered, exploding out shrapnel. He twisted his ring, creating a force field that bubbled us. An ominous cloud of vapor seeped out from the library, filling this hallway. The gas pushed Augustine’s field further in, now several feet from each other. Sweat dripped down his face, holes in the integrity of this field seemed rampant. His face strained, pushing out excessive amounts of mana.

Like my little present? 

You bitch... why.

“Did you understand what it said earlier?” he turned to me.

“Yes...” I bit my lip. “Why?”

“That book contained specialized information on various types of important deities.”

“So... now what?”

“We need to find Lord Selviam.”

Our pocket of protected space disintegrated, and a shock wave sent me tumbling into a pillar. I cracked my head, falling unconscious; transporting into the space where Elder Selviam and Arachne spoke. An impenetrable wall stood blocking any noise from escaping. Dramatically of Arachne’s stomping feet, the conversation shook the wall. These gems wriggled in my pocket, flying out to destroy a part of this structure.

“When will you come to the agreement?” Arachne crossed her arms, “This is ridiculous, I have it on good authority to negotiate for her,”

“She is a Goddess...” he cleared his throat, “I want her to decide her fate, even if she is in such a young vessel,”

“She is here.”

Arachne pulled me through this transparent wall, plopping me down in a chair. I avoided eye contact with both as my stomach felt heavy. And in what authority from me, that dictates control over adults? What vessel they speak of? The stillness stopped as I questioned my sanity, pulling at this hair. Turmoil from this madness of power as a Goddess.

“What do you want from me?” my hands fidgeted, “I know nothing,”

“You know more than you think,” he stepped forward, “Negotiations...”

A thought raised in my mind of the story of his father, we saw. A contradiction appeared of what I perceived in that flash of memory. Negotiations of what type? For my future? Forced to undergo binding for the betterment of my judgment. Limited control the price of that? In a short amount of time, all this drama shutting me down. His name popped into my mind, one to control him.

“Just tell me what you want, Riyaan.”

“I want to help and know why my father is vengeful towards you and...”

“Silence, Riyaan.”

“Explain to me what is going on, Arachne,” I demanded, “All of this Chaos today with Icarus emerging from that book,”

“Why didn’t you tell me this sooner,” she backed away, “We need to stop him...”

“I can draw up a contract later,” he snapped his fingers, “We have other problems to deal with,”

In this space Augustine fought off this energy, best as possible. Soaked in sweat as he peered at Elder Selviam. Darkness like a sweet scent enticed me towards that dangerous book. And the beast controlled my body as these bracelets lit up. Violently shocking this nervous system immobilizing my forward gait.

You will not intervene. 

Like hell I will.

Stop trying to be a hero, you are weak.

What makes me weak?

Your lack of discipline. 

Fuck you.

I trudged forward through intermittent shocks, clutching onto Arachne, entering chaotic waves. The monster tore inside this mind, growling loudly, tearing apart memories. Clutching this chest my heart ached each muscle spasmed the beast silent. Goddess stop, you are hurting yourself. No, she will not control me. I gritted my teeth as a loud crash from behind Augustine collapsed to the ground.

“Augustine,” Elder Selviam hurried over, “You know not to use this for extended periods of time,”

"I… couldn’t…” Augustine stuttered, “help it you said to protect her. So, I did,”

“Look what you did to him,” Elder Selviam yelled, “I shouldn’t have said that,”

“You’re right,” I smirked, “How dare you,”

Elder Selviam chanted, the bracelets extended around these arms. The beast spoke out loud using these vocal cords, what control. I screamed, these restraints turned my veins a blue color; conveniently, she switched with me. You cannot take pain? Do not taunt me. Mana crept up, forcing me to lie on the ground. A brief period allowed me to manifest her claws.

“Those again,” Elder Selviam spit blood, “We don’t have time for this,”

“Don’t worry,” I chuckled, “She won’t have much control over them,”

“Who are you?”

“You will find out in due time.”

I broke the restraints with a touch of this weapon that disappeared. Arachne materialized instead of these claws; the beast laid dormant. Blood poured out from these veins, evacuating excess mana. Though and these bracelets still attached to my wrists, covered in this power, that sucked back into them. Elder Selviam continued to chant these bracelets composition changed. These vines in an infinite loop as the leaves became pointed daggers on the outer edge.

“Don’t…” Elder Selviam coughed, “Go in there, it’s dangerous,”

Goddess do not, he is right, you cannot face him yet.

You do what I command. I am your Goddess.

Hesitantly approaching further into those fluttering pages that forced me into a space. Two white marble pillars materialized several hundred feet away, in a black hexagonal room. I observed a man suspended to these pillars with an iron chain. A forward approach down this black stoned path, activated steps leading to his position. Horrifyingly each movement colored the step below a blood red, I split Arachne into two equal sections. To face this mysterious enemy named Icarus, whose aura radiated pure hatred.

 

 

 

 “Petrabution”

“The great abomination is finally here,” he spit in front of me, “You’re lucky I’m detained,”

“Why have you summoned me,” I‌ tightened my grip on Arachne, “You...”

“Yes, me.... Use your words,”

“Confirm something for me. Are you really the father of Elder Selviam?”

“Sadly, yes to that hybrid.”

This father who cared little of his own son, the Fallen Angel who tried to murder me, wanted what? his readings barren of any mana. For the opportunity of..., a violent jolt of pain escalated. I clutched at my bracelet, releasing Arachne who floated radiating a yellow tinge. Which she let her children out to roam with their little legs creeping onto me. Roughly they injected venom at distinct points on my body. I wailed like a banshee until control became the beasts.

“Perfect,” I snickered, “Alice has left,”

“We finally meet,” his body lunged, “Now, for our deal, let me out,”

“Why so eager? Why not let us have a brief conversation?”

Arachne strived to control me by tightening herself around, barring any movement. I internalized her energy; she disintegrated; leaving a trail of electricity. But a frigid sensation radiated my body using this excess power, extracting these claws. Relentlessly I clanged them together, creating a spark that became inflamed in a black hue. I stomped forward, aiming this weapon at Icarus’s chest, while he bared his teeth.

You have seen enough.

A brief darkness then floating inside this mind’s eye. I observed Violet’s hostility transferred into the claws that radiated a now obsidian mana. Each slash at Icarus’s chest he howled, as these wounds sprouted out little roots. So that his chains loosened, allowing him a range of motion, kicking me in the chest. I flew several hundred feet into pillars that collapsed. Only standing with this wobbly gait, these claws dragged on the ground.

“Fuck,” Violet wiped blood off her lip, “Lucky shot,”

“Lucky shot?” Icarus grimaced, “You aren’t even on my level,”

“Are you calling me weak?”

“Yes, you haven’t grown into your powers yet.”

I sprinted at Icarus, unsteadily hitting him; that he dodged with ease. Icarus slammed his chain on the back of this head. My vision doubled as I tumbled down the stairs, slamming this head a few times. And laid on the bottom step; peering upwards at a trail of blood. I clawed my way to Icarus, who snickered at this state of mine.

“Look at your injuries, you are so determined,” Icarus groaned, “What is it you want?”

“Answers,”  I forced myself to stand, “Who was the one to order my death,”

“Who? I can’t say the specific name, but the Gods themselves.”

“This is a part of our deal. So tell me more.”

“Are you sure you want to keep talking? Your other half is listening to everything.”

“Fuck…”

“You can’t even control her. Look how weak you are.”

Enjoy your past.

Why is it so dark? Arachne?

Goddess wait there, I will find you.

I dropped onto a hard floor, cowering in an indistinct corner. Heavy stomps echoed in the empty area as unknown beings swarmed. I focused this eyesight on a lone lightbulb swinging from a black wire. Where an enormous figure blocked the light, stepping back as this source dimmed. Three demons stood in the recesses, each with an unusual characteristic.

In the rear, one demon held his elongated black horns, struggling to stay balanced. Next to them a female’s mouth, covered with an unpleasant leather restraint. So the giant in front grimaced, showing his sharpened, rotting teeth. When I peered into his blood-red eyes, he reached downward, pulling a red music box into my view. This demon turned the handle as the cogs rotated, playing an endearing song.

“Dance monkey dance,” he smacked the box, “This damn thing’s lever is stuck,”

“Who gave that to you?” I tensed my muscles, “Was it the beast?”

“Our master Violet let us out from our imprisonment.” he poked at the box, “She gave us free rein to give you a little present.”

“Violet? Is that what she calls herself?” My eyebrows scrunched, “What can you do——”

“Let us just say,” the heavy-horned demon smirked, “You know us from back in the day,”

“She used you,” I‌ howled, “You want a fight, I‌ will give you one,” my body trembled.

So that the demon twisted the music box’s handle, my hands shook in an awkward motion. The massive brute chuckled as he kept cranking his little box. My arms swayed left and right like a gust of wind. I whirled around twice; arms extended to the heavens. For I stepped back with my left foot, repeating these motions in an opposite direction.

My dancing became free flowing like an extension of nature. Elegantly leaping several times into the air and further intricate movements. I huffed, staring at these demons whose faces turned pallid. The now glass box fell and shattered on the ground. All tension relinquished from my body; I stared at this white glow outlining me, fascinating.

In a readied stance, the demons rushed towards encircling me. The horned demon rammed my side, pushing me against a wall. This damn Black tooth demon bit into my arm, when punching his face repeatedly; he let go of his grip. Several teeth protruded from this arm that blood drip down; the horned beast rushed me. For yet an echo of Arachne’s voice startled the female into a defensive position.

The female ripped off her mask; she screeched at an unbearable decibel. This action affected everyone in the vicinity. I‌ fought the horrid noise by covering these ears that bled. Painstakingly grasping her jaw and lifted her several feet off the ground. Her arms flailed, scratching up my body, tossing her against the wall. I succumbed to injuries on my side, biting my tongue then rolling over into the fetal position.

“Goddess,” Arachne yelled, “I found you, what happened?”

“I got into a scuffle with a few demons,” I sat up, “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine,”

“No injuries anywhere on your body. How odd…”

I stood up as a curious crack in a wall caught my attention. Slowly this fist rose, banging on the wall that shattered; entering a dirt floor filled area. An arena? hopelessly looking upward at the immense size of a marbled coliseum. Arachne stood beside me where Violet appeared, with a bemused smile at the other end.

“Damn,” she clanged her bloody claws, “I‌ thought I‌ had more time with Icarus,”

“I‌ am tired of you controlling me, Violet,” I snapped, “If violence is the only answer, I‌ will use it,”

“You finally grew a pair, instead of being a little bitch.”

“I’ll show you who the bitch will be after this fight.”

I‌ walked bravely, holding onto Arachne for dear life. Each action in slow motion, siphoning energy into her from this core. A white flame emanated from my hand, covering Arachne. While rolling her around in my fist, Violet came charging ahead. I blocked her claws by grinding them against this chained fist.

“To slow,” she grinned.

“What do you mean,” I grasped my left arm, “Is this….”

Violet’s claws deeply gashed this arm for a black substance poured out, infusing with my blood. I‌ spit up some material, ignoring a sharp stinging in the back of this throat. Wearily spinning Arachne in a clockwise motion, a wave of pure mana pushed Violet back. I assessed my injury for a split second and, noticing my veins, popped an atrocious blue.

“Poison?” I spit up in my hand, “Cheap bitch,”

The chain extended forward as Violet turned to dodge. Arachne curtailed, hitting her claws, clang. Violet broke her fighting stance; she slid back from the brutal impact.  She paralyzed me with a blow to my abdomen as Arachne defended. As soon as I coughed up a black viscous liquid onto the marble floor. Violet fought with Arachne clanging against her claws.

“Had enough?” Violet snickered, “Of her fighting for you?”

I plucked out all three gems that combined and became an ominous color. Frantically throwing the egg that then exploded, now instead attacking Violet and I. These little spiders spread, growing massive, detaining us with their strength. Violet fought only that more spiders to join, forcing her down. Arachne transformed into human form; wiping sweat off her.

“You are distracted by your disdain for each other,” Arachne wailed, “Icarus has escaped,”

Icarus ascended above while destroying the roof, his black wings fully restored. A feather floated down that Elder Selviam clutched in his hand. I observed Icarus as he disappeared into the nimbus clouds. Which Violet silent in the depths seethed, leaving me to deal with this mess. Elder Selviam opened his hand, staring at the piece of his father. The feather turned into dust from his sudden flame and his eyes narrowed.

“What just happened?” Elder Selviam thrashed about, “Damn it,”

“Was that who I think it was?” Augustine raised his eyebrow, “How did he escape?”

“It’s my fault, I should have stopped her,” I fell to my knees, “My fault….my fault….”  Grasping my head.

A loud booming voice echoed in the estate, forcing Elder Selviam and Augustine to their knees. Which I stood up, staring upwards at the gaping hole. A compelling energy brought out Violet, who gained control; she allowed co-consciousness. An ability she shared before that I learned from that book “Psychology and You”. A similarity to dissociative identity disorder, how fascinating that these correlated.

“Speak you damn god,” I sneered, “Say what you will say,”

“How dare you, abomination,” he scoffed, “You have unleashed the fallen angel on the world,”

“What are you going to do about it?”

“Beware your ignorance to this world. You will regret what you have said today.”

1