Chapter 3: Inheritance part 2
73 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My descendant, you must be curious why there is a dragon's corpse instead of mine.

Well, I am still alive afterall and with a lifespan way beyond what you can currently imagine.

The dragon's remains are just a portion of my gift to you.

Like ordinary beasts, it has a beast core located at its heart and a mana core within the brain.

But unlike the common beasts, a dragon's cores have a different manner of absorption.

Drop a portion of your blood and you will know of the method I spoke of.

You'll also acquire one of the highest magical spiritual spells of Terrah which shall conveniently benefit you in most situations on your venture for power.

And by the way, my descendants and their spouses meaning your parents and grandparents are with me.

Perhaps that may significantly reduce your weaknesses, and ease your mind.

Endure & Overcome"

Those were the contents of the special parchment paper.

Grim felt excited and skeptical at the same time, he doesn't know whether to believe or not each words stated in the parchment so he scans again, then rescans and rescans, flipping the parchment to look for any hidden clues, rereads to look for any metaphors or hidden meaning, he even injected some mana yet there was no reaction. After doing all of those for three minutes, Grim finally stops, grabs the mithril dagger.

'Let's do this.'

Grim thought

Using the pointed edge of the blade, he stabs a little hole on his thumb then drops the blood on the piece of parchment.

Immediately, the blood disappeared then set the parchment ablaze with blue flames.

Grims left hand's fingers which were holding the parchment got burnt.

The blaze of fire which engulfed the parchment consumed that document then turned it into vapor with faint blue flame as it enters the hole within Grim's thumb.

From there, Grim felt as if the the vapor and flame traveled through the veins of his right hand then towards his neck until it reached his brain.

"Hrrghh... Grr...rrrrhhhh"

He instantly felt intense pain coursing from his right hand, neck and head.

Sensing a familiar deathly feeling which he was acquainted with during the war, Grim immediatle controls the mana from his meridians to push out the foreign intruder coursing through his arm, neck and brain. 

But that attempt failed, it seems to have even worsen the pain as he felt extremely dizzy to the point of nausea, and his head felt like it was about to explode.

The somewhat unbearable pain caused Grim to momentarily lose control over his legs as he falls on one knee to the ground, the tenacity he developed from sleepless days of countless battles during the war allowed him to immediately regain control as his left foot supports him from falling on both knees to the ground.

Since it failed to push out the foreign element that intruded his body, Grim quickly decides to push all the remaining elements from his left and neck into his brain using all the mana from his meridians.

As if sensing the mana that supports its intrusion, the foreign element drains large portions of Grim's mana to quickly enter his brain. Grim realizes this then pours in more mana since his mana pool is one of the highest quality in the Empire since it is able to purify and contain a huge quantity of mana.

Blood comes out from his nostrils, and the rest of the other orifices of his head does the same. He's enduring the pain while focusing on pushing all of his mana towards the foreign intruder.

Finally, the intrusion reached his brain. Waves of data rushes inside Grim's mind, but the pain still remains and feels unbearable.

When all of his mana was finally drained, the foreign element has finally been absorbed in the form of information.

The pain finally subsides, and Grim was left with only a mild and bearable pain, as his consciousness is waning from all that exhaustion, he immediatle grabs a high grade mana & health potions from his emergency pocket. 

He removes the diamond glass covers of those bottles which were made with same material, and chugs the liquid from both bottles at the same time.

Grim remains awake as his dizzines starts to fade, he vomits his undigested breakfast and some impurities then he maniacally laughs.

"Hahhaha ugh! *cough hah hah puff.. So that's what... 'endure and overcome' meant...

Only a masochist would enjoy that kind of pain."

While convalescing, Grim feels his mana pool refilling, and senses a comfortable sensation as his damaged veins from arm to neck which leads to his brain re-aligns, his left hand's fingers which were burnt earlier, also heals.

...

2