Chapter 16: Welcome to the castle of the Ever-Burning Will!
10.1k 26 278
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, our cute daughter here was born out of a mix of our magical energies when I did the spell?"

I'm currently sitting on the bed while Ilya is on top of my legs.

"Nn...nn…"

My cute little daughter shakes her head in response to my question.

Did I say she is cute? Because she is.

"Ilya...has always been...there...sleeping. Mother's lightning…woke me up. Father's magic gave me form...gave me wish. I wanted to be…with father and mother...suddenly, I was here. Mother arrived and gave me name...so happy...she told me story of father and mother...made me clothes...made me pretty...father arrived...happy, so happy, so so happy...together."

I WANNA CRY!!! SHE IS HUGGING ONE OF MY ARMS WITH ABSURD STRENGTH, BUT I DON'T CARE!! I PLEDGE TO PROTECT THIS CINNAMMON ROLL!!

Ah, yes. Nerinne is also here with her eyes shining like stars and almost crying out of cuteness. I can guess she is thinking almost, if not, the same thing as me.

They are both so precious...and it isn't even the second volume yet!!

But all sugar-coated scenes must come to an end for the oh-so complex plot to continue! Umu!

I can feel that all my new combat maids have finished moving their stuff in and are currently waiting at the main hall. Why can I feel that? Well, it is MY space after all, also magic, op body, etc. You know the rest already.

"It seems it is time to show them around, Nerinne can you turn back...?"

Huh?

I could've sworn that Nerinne was just in front of me. Where did she...?

Ah. Right...

Sorry guys, I hope your hearts are ready.

"Want to come with me Ilya?"

"Unn..."

She nodded and got off me while still holding my hand. We walk towards the door.

___________________________________________________________

"Ah, my Lord. Who...is that young one?"

Erevain was in the middle of doing a polite bow but she has noticed Ilya, and as such, she has asked that out of surprise while looking at her. And my cute daughter responds with hiding behind my leg.

Aww she is a shy one too...

Erevain looks a bit shocked and hurt by Ilya's reaction though. She seems to be murmuring 'I thought I wasn't scary looking anymore...' I feel you girl, I really do...

"She is my daughter Ilya, do not mind her."

"Y-Yes. As you can see, we have finished moving everything over from the camp. Some of us have questions about this place, but there seems to be a more pressing matter I would like to ask about...who is she and why she seems so eager about taking our measurements?"

Says Erevain pointing at Nerinne. Some locks of her long hair flow to the front and she quickly moves them to the back of her ear. I think I have the perfect hairstyle for her thanks to a certain heroine. Heh. But, back to the conversation.

"Ah yes, she is--"

Wait, how do I introduce her? I was thinking of asking her to turn back into a lance but now that she is enjoying herself, I mean, taking their measurements, that's out of the question. And I was also considering introducing her as THE Goddess, but now that I think about it a bit more, that could be a bit too much...damn that is flag...I just raised a flag, didn't I?

Well I could always try and just say she is my lover and first companion. There is no lie in that, so it is fine.

Umu, let's go with that.

"Oh my, indeed! How could I forget my manners!"

Aaaand just when I was going to say something, she stops measuring Kris' chest and comes to my side gracefully. Her changing speed from enjoyment mode to divine grace mode is strangely scary...

"Hello everyone, I am Auros' lover and companion..."

Nice one Nerinne, so glad I wasn't right with the fla--

"...but you all know me already as Nerinne, the Goddess of Arte, fufu~~."

““““““Eh?!””””””

THIIIIIIIISSSSSS GODDESSSSSSS!!! DON'T EVEN THINK THAT I DIDN'T HEAR THAT LITTLE GIGGLE YOU DID RIGHT THERE WHILE GLANCING AT ME!!!!!

YOU LITTLE...!! THIS WAS YOUR PLAN ALL ALONG, I JUST KNOW IT!!! THAT WAS YOUR REVENGE HUH?!

Look at them, they all ended up as statues out of shock!! 

"..."

Poor Erevain, even one of her eyes is twitching. Maybe I'll give her a massage some time later, I bet she has a lot of stress...

"I am truly glad to see that all of you have decided to take on this holy task for the sake of the world you live in, the world I created."

The way she is talking and moving reminds me of the time I met her. You can't think of her as anything else besides a true Goddess when she does this type of thing.

"Indeed, doing this implied a big change for all of you, but heed me, oh noble comrades of my hero, that was but a necessary step, for your fate has given you the best form you could have to start on this journey!"

Goddess' speech for the hero and her comrades...check...

Even though she is basically saying the same thing as me but in a more divine way...

"Erevain, I expect great things from you as the right hand of Auros. If you follow him, that which has been troubling you all, shall be resolved."

Obvious foreshadowing is obvious, Nerinne.

Obvious way of maintaining a misunderstanding about my gender for laughs is obvious too...

"...!"

Erevain comes out of her shock but keeps the surprised expression.

"You all will be seeing me here throughout this journey, so I hope we all get along as companions."

Oi, oi. Even if you smile like that, you are their Goddess and you are telling them to treat you as a companion. I mean, I get it but they...

See! Luca is about to faint! Someone catch her!!

Ah, nice save Gabrielle.

"Now, accept this as my thanks."

Nerinne extends her arm towards them and a blueish light covers the clothes of everyone.

"This is..."

Erevain is the first to notice what was happening.

Yes, the clothes and armor of everyone started changing.

When the light stopped glowing, I was greeted by a beautiful scene.

I take back my words. This isn't revenge. This is a gift. A blessing.

Oh Nerinne, have I told you how much I love you? Because THIS IS GLORIOUS!

MAID OUTFITS. MAID OUTFITS EVERYWHERE!!!!

NOW THEY LOOK THE PART!!

MY MAIDS OF THE ROUND!!!

MY MAID-KNIGHTS!!!

"I apologize for only giving you these combat clothes, but I can ensure their defensive capabilities and utility. They won't lose against the hardest of metals, titanotite, and even dragon scales, in terms of defensive capabilities, while maintaining your mobility as if they were simple clothes."

"Please, do not apologize, oh Goddess. You have given us a great gift."

Says Erevain quickly kneeling, followed by everyone else. Garter belt detected! Yum!

I kind of feel a bit sorry for those who wanted to object about the clothes but can't since it was a gift of their Goddess.

"Even so, I shall tell you that your proper weapons shall find you one way or another."

And that is another flag, indeed...

Gods seem to like raising those, huh?

"Then there is nothing more we could ask of you, oh Goddess.  But...I do apologize since it will take some time for some of us to be able to speak to your grace in the way you desire."

"My, do not worry. Take your time. I am sure that at the end of this journey you'll think of me more as a friend."

Nerinne says so with a gentle smile on her face. She is so beautiful...

"..."

Erevain on the other hand seems unsure about what Nerinne said so she shifts her attention to me.

"Lord Auros..."

"Speak freely Erevain and stand, for you are my right-hand woman."

"U-Understood. The me-women...want to know what this place is."

Don't worry, Erevain. You'll get used to referring to yourself as a woman...I think.

"This is my personal space, a place that all Dragon Lords have and our headquarters as of now. Just like I've told you before."

She doesn't look surprised at all. So, she already knew but still asked to confirm it, huh? Also, her outfit is predominantly black with some gray metal here and there. It does, however, look as one would expect not only from being the superior of the other maids, but also as my right hand. It screams high rank from wherever you look at it and makes her figure stand out, in a cool beauty type of way, while still maintaining that baroness feel. Yeah, it sounds weird but without the ability to make drawings with my thought process, unless I sacrifice a kidney, that is the best way I can describe her, sumanai.

"Does it have a name, my lord?"

"I've thought of some, but do you have one in mind, Erevain?"

She stays silent for a moment and then nods.

"Yes, my lord. There is a legend in the country we hail from, so, if I may."

I nod, letting her tell said legend.

"It is the legend of an ancient order of knights who faced one of the worst dangers that could befall this world, the Evil God's emissaries. They had countless battles across the world and were said to live in a moving fortress. They defeated each other time and time again, until the last of the knights managed to kill the last of the emissaries, and thus bring about the sealing of their Evil God. But victory wasn't without a price, the last of the knights drew their last breath not short after that, leaving just their feats as proof of their existence. They were known as the Knights of the Ever-Burning Will and we...wish to honor that legacy."

"I see..."

I smile after hearing that story. I was planning to seriously name this place Castle Camelot, but now I can't say no to their honest wish. I can see it in their eyes that they are true fans of that legend. So, how could I deny them while having this body? And besides, it sounds cool too.

"What do you think Nerinne?"

"I am of the same mind as you, Auros."

She says so as she nods.

Don't think that I didn't catch that subtle change in your expression when she mentioned an evil god. You'll have to tell me when you think is fine too.

She nods again with a gentle expression.

"Very well then, this place shall be known as the Castle of the Ever-Burning Will!"

Erevain smiles while others get up and cheer.

"Come with me, I will show you around."

I hope there are enough rooms for everyone because if not that would be a bit awkward after all this hype.

 

 

To be continued...(cue ad for a collab with a certain maid cafe!)

278