Ch1. Transmigration
118 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            When Chu Yan woke up, he saw a girl wearing hanfu clothes looking at him worriedly. He thought that the girl was filming a movie so he asked
“Hey, are you filming a wuxia movie?”

The girl looked confused and replied back
“What is a movie? Young Master Chu?”

“Young Master Chu? Who are you? And where am I?”

At this time, Chu Yan took a careful look at the surroundings and he noticed that the room decorations are quite different from modern times. He found out that he was lying on a wooden couch and the pillow was made of bamboo. It is not very comfortable to use a bamboo pillow.

The girl looked surprised and answered his question.

“Me? I’m A Xin and I’m a maid assigned to look after Young Master. You are currently at the Dong Family Manor.”

‘Did I actually return back to ancient China?’ Chu Yan was doubtful. Then Chu Yan asked the maid again. 
“What year is this year?”

“Young Master, did you lose your memories? It is the first year of Yuanshou (Yuánshòu)”

“Yuanshou? Who is the current Emperor?”

“It’s the Emperor Ai”’

“Oh, that’s the legendary cut-sleeve Emperor!”
“What do you mean by cut-sleeve, young master?”
“You’re still young. Some things do better not know”

The maid looked concerned and asked Chu Yan.

“After being drowned in the water, Young Master is behaving quite different from the usual demeanour. Should I ask the Physician to come over?”

“No, that’s fine. How was I drowned? I don’t seem to remember anything at all.”

“Young Master slipped near the river and was drowned. Luckily, someone rescued the young master.”

Chu Yan was deep in thoughts due to her words.
‘It seemed like the original body was drowned and died? And my soul went into this body. I asked a few more questions to A Xin and I found out that this original body is also called Chu Yan. What a coincidence! Is it a novel? 
And this Dong Family Manor is the manor of Dong Xian, who was in a homosexual relationship with the Emperor (according to History). Oh, and it seems that I am a study-mate of Dong Xian’s younger cousin, Dong Ming.’

During ancient China, some rich and influential families sent their sons to schools to study. However, some families would just invite some renowned scholars to their mansion and looked for study-mates for their sons to study together.

According to A Xin, Chu Yan was an orphan and the Dong family took me in since he was young. The age of his current body is around 16. Then Chu Yan asked her how long the Emperor has been ruling the country. She told him that it has been four years since the Emperor ascended the throne. Even though he does not remember much about this age’s history, he knew a bit that the Emperor only ruled for a short six years before he fell ill and passed away. After the death of Emperor, Dong Xian and his wife would be forced to commit suicide. Then the Dong family will also be exiled and the assets were forfeited to the imperial treasury. Such a tragic ending!

He would not be able to change what is going to happen and it is better not to be implicated in this mess. That is why he should leave the Dong Manor as soon as possible. A Xin told Chu Yan that the original body and Dong Ming were good friends and they grew up together. So he should say goodbye to Dong Ming before he leaves. He asked A Xin about Dong Ming.
“Where is Dong Ming?”
“The young master should be in the study.”

So he went to the study and he found a 15 or 16 years old youth looking at the books. That youth noticed him and inquired.

“Chu Yan, have you recovered?”
“Yes, more or less.”
“Why did you come here?”
“I would like to leave the Dong Manor and I just came to say goodbye to you.”
“Why so sudden? This is the place where you grew up. Why are you going to leave?”
So, He explained to him that he lost his memories and gave some excuse that he wanted to go around the country and try to recall his memories. The youth tried to stop Chu Yan but at last, he relented.

“Okay. If you wish to go, that’s fine. But remember that this is always your house and I’m your friend. Come back whenever you feel tired from your journey.”
Then he gave Chu Yan some money for expenses. Chu Yan felt quite touched by his generosity. Even though Dong Ming and the original body are childhood friends, he is just a stranger to Chu Yan from the future. But Chu felt the warmth from his words and said
“Thank you for your care. By the way, do you trust me?”
“Of course! Why do you ask me this question?”

“Would you believe me if I said that the Emperor is going to pass away a year later and the Dong family would be in deep trouble?”
“Huh? Why are you saying this? The Emperor is young and is in good health. He would not leave the world yet.”

Chu Yan thought. 
It was recorded in actual history that the Emperor passed away due to his old disease. But it seems like the truth is not that simple.’

Chu Yan said to Dong Ming.
“Alright. If you believe me, you should try to persuade your cousin not to be too close to the Emperor. Or he might be in trouble later.”
Dong Ming hesitated. 
“It…It might not be easy……”
“Okay. Just remember one thing. When you hear that the Emperor passes away, you should run away from the capital. The farther you can go, the better it is for you.”
“Okay. I’ll remember your words. Take care of yourself. Let us meet again someday.”
“Yes, let us meet again.”

0