Ch4. Encountering with the robbers
72 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is a horse-drawn carriage on the road to Xiapi. A young man was at the front of the carriage steering the horse. Inside the carriage, there is a youth and a baby. That youth is naturally Chu Yan.

“Waa….waahh”
“Okay, okay! Don’t cry. I’m going to feed you some milk now”
“Wahhhh”
“You’ve been crying for like seven days and seven nights now. Should I give you a new name called Qiye?”
In his past life, he was the only son of the family so he did not have any experience in taking care of babies. After experiencing himself, he realized how troublesome it is for the parents to look after the children. It has been seven days since he left Luoyang. He should be able to get to Xiapi tomorrow.

Currently, they are passing through a forest. Suddenly, Xiao Gao noticed a rope barring the road and tried to stop the horse. However, it was already too late. The legs of the horse were hurt due to that rope and it collapsed. The carriage also fell down. Luckily, Chu Yan was holding the baby so the baby did not get hurt. Chu Yan only suffered some bruises. He then went out of the carriage.
“What happened?”
“Young Master, the horse fell due to this stupid rope”
“It looks like someone put the rope here intentionally. It looks like a trap to me”

At that time, some people appeared out of nowhere. These people do not look like good people and seem to be robbers. There are five of them in total and they have axes and swords in their hands. Among these people, a big guy with a bald head seemed to be the leader of this group. He came out and said in a threatening tone. 
“Hey, give all of your possessions to us if you value your life”
Chu Yan is thinking about how to resolve the problem. 
‘What should I do? There are five people encircling us. I don’t think I would be able to take them on. Should I just give up on my money?’

Just in that moment, Xiao Gao was chickened out and fled into the forest. 
“Help me! There are robbers robbing us!”
‘This idiot’

Two of the robbers went after Xiao Gao. Chu Yan smiled at the remaining robbers and said, “My money is in the carriage. Let me go and take it”
“Alright. Don’t try to do anything funny”
Chu Yan went into the carriage and put down the baby into the carriage. Then he came out of the carriage. The leader asked.
“Have you taken your money?”
“Yes”
Chu Yan could not take on five people at once. But if there are three people, it might be possible. Even if he gave the money to the robbers, it is not guaranteed that they would let him off. So, he decided to risk himself for this.
“Oh, big brother, come and take it”
While he was getting closer to the leader, he was pretending to take the money underneath his clothes. But in actuality, he was trying to take out his dagger. 
“Here is my money.”
He took out his dagger and aimed to stab at the heart of the enemy. The leader of the robbers did not expect that a young and fragile looking youth would stab him. His eyes were widened. 
“Y-you!!”
Then, the big guy fell down. The two of the companions were also astonished. They did not expect that their boss would meet his end in the hands of a youth. They held their swords and tried to slash at Chu Yan.

Meanwhile, Chu Yan was in a daze. Even though he killed someone in order to save himself, he still felt terrible. He could feel that his hands were shaking. After all, it was his first time killing someone. 
He saw that the remaining two were going to harm him, so he tried to dodge. He got a cut on his left arm. He planned to attack the two robbers back and at the time, an arrow came into the heart of the robber. The other one was panicked.
“Who? Who is this?”
Then another arrow came and passed through his throat. Both of them are dead.

Chu Yan looked at the direction of the arrow and saw a young beautiful lady. Her beauty is comparable to Qin Ruo whom he had seen in Luoyang. However, her beauty is different from Qin Ruo. The young lady is wearing a dark red robe. She has a perfect figure. Her complexion is pale and she has seductive phoenix eyes. You could sense a dangerous aura coming from her. She is like a wild rose covered with thorns.

Chu Yan thought.
‘During the time of Imperial China, women do not have the same rights as men. It is really rare to see a girl who excelled at martial arts.
By the way, shouldn’t the hero be saving the damsel in distress? Why is it the other way around for me?’

He came back to his mind and thanked the lady. 
“Thank you for saving me. My name is Chu Yan and I’m a scholar travelling to Xiapi”
“It’s fine. My name is Li Ying”
“I know it’s a bit too much but can Miss Li assist me in helping my friend? He is being chased by the other two robbers”
“Okay”

Luckily, that Xiao Gao is not dead yet. The two men are still chasing after him. So, I went and took care of one guy whereas the other person became another victim of the arrow of the beauty. 
“Young Master!! Thank you! Who is this young miss?”
“She’s the one who rescued us”
“Thank you, beautiful miss!”
“No need”
She then turned around to leave. But Chu Yan called her. 
“Excuse me, Miss Li. May I know where you live? I might visit you and thank you for today”
“That’s fine. You don’t need to. I don’t have a stable home. I’m just travelling around”
Then she left.

2