7. A Boss has appeared!
718 9 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-A Boss has appeared-

[Muto Kenshin][Human]

[Level 10][7685 Exps for next level up]

[HP 300/300]

[MP 30/30]

[ATK: 27; DEF: 20; AGI: 33(+4); PHY: 30; INT: 15; LUK: 9]

[Unassigned Attribute points: 4]

[Unassigned Skill points: 2]

[Lives: 0] 

[Skills]

[1. Replication Lv 1][997 Exp to next level up]

[2. Passive Regeneration (Passive/Always active) Lv 5][125 Exp to next level up]

[3. Tireless Body (Passive/Always active) Lv 1][870 EXP to next level up]

[4. Flaming Slash Lv 0][1000 EXP to next level up]

[Equipment]

[Worn out Gloves DUR: 10/20]

Kenshin was very happy after looking at his stats. There were also new additions to his interface after he reached level 10.

He invested 4 points directly to INT stat making it 19. As INT stat directly affects MP, when his INT reached 19, MP has also increased to 38. Magic knights inherited all the pros and cons of both magicians and knights.

They had a strong defense and a strong offense.

Magic Knights have to allocate their AP very wisely or else they would face many annoying problems such as stat imbalance. Among all his stats, only the INT was low. That’s why his current goal was to bring his INT stat to 30. It would require him another three levels though.

Suddenly another skeleton brawler came running towards him with its boney fist poised at his face. As he has already slaughtered one of this kind, Kenshin has no more fear towards them.

Suddenly a brilliant idea struck his brain as he has yet to check out his newly acquired magic skill.

Kenshin pointed his sword towards the approaching skeleton and visioned a flaming sword in his mind.

[Ding* You have used Flaming Slash]

[-10 MP]

Suddenly his sword caught in a fire and started burning like a torch. Without him doing anything; a crescent arc made of red flames formed from his sword and struck the skeleton directly on its bony ribs.

[-40]

A red text floated above the skeleton’s head. The damage he dealt was massive. It has instantly decreased the monster’s HP by 40 points and was still causing a substantial amount of DoT damage to it. The skeleton died before even reaching him. Kenshin was very surprised at this because, in the explanation of this power, there was no indication of DoT damage given.

‘So, this is the difference between the game and the reality!’ a game works as per the pre-given instructions, whereas, there are many factors that affect the reality.

Fires, in general, has a cleansing effect and skeletons are impure by nature. Aside from causing a fixed amount of damage, it also cleanses the skeleton. That was why the DoT like damage occurred, killing the skeleton.

After realizing this; the gears in Kenshin’s head started turning furiously.

‘So, this was the reason behind the high demand for magic type skills!’

Kenshin finally realized why everyones’ coveting magic type skills. Those who are born with an inherent magic type skill are even more respected and wanted. In truth, the main reason behind Kenshin’s sister’s scholarship was for this reason. She was born with a very powerful magic type skill.

The group of men who had just berated him when he arrived here; were now having an agape expression. Their mouth opened so wide that a bird could freely enter and exit. Wasn’t they just mocked him for his arrogance? Hasn’t they just advised him to come back with a big party! He alone has already killed two of them, what's more, he could use magic! The group of nine felt their face becoming red from humiliation.

In this world, the worse mistake one could do was to offend a magic type skill user. With their ever-increasing demand; even the government was ready to accept any of their wishes. The group of eight middle-aged men could only hope that this boy wouldn’t take their words to heart and forget about it.

Kenshin was not that type of petty person. He was also aware that, although their wordings are a little harsh these men only wanted to warn him of the danger ahead. With the appearance of the flame, all the nearby skeletons subconsciously avoided Kenshin. As beings made entirely of impure energy, they are highly sensitive towards anything pure.

The INT stat was very important for any magic user as it directly affects the max MP as well as MP regeneration. Kenshin’s current INT was 19 hence his max MP was 38, and his MP regeneration was 9 MP per minute. Double of INT is the max MP, whereas, half of INT was the regain rate. But Kenshin has something else which could affect this law.

Passive Regeneration!

This skill could regenerate everything a body lacks including stamina and magical power. In reality, this skill was for a monster that doesn’t have magic. But, Kenshin’s Replication has defied the logic and given him this skill. This skill was made to regenerate everything a body lacks, and magic was also considered a part of the body. Passive regeneration has decreased the time consumed by 5 seconds.

That makes 9 MP per 55 seconds. Do not underestimate these 5 seconds as even one second was enough to get you killed. When Kenshin noticed this particular feature, he made a double take as he couldn’t believe his own eyes. Although, Passive Regeneration was a godly technique he has not realized that it was this godly!

After that Kenshin has resumed his killing spree; slaughtering skeletons left and right like no tomorrow. During half an hour; he has already killed more than 24 skeleton brawlers. He has yet to encounter any other type of skeletons.

His luck was very good as he has amassed two more of those worn out gloves, a worn out leg guard, an old wooden shield, and a black cape.

This cape was a little special.

[Cape of Inteligence]

[+2 INT]

[Increases magic regain speed by 2 seconds]

Kenshin immediately equipped it. The cape covered his body from shoulders to his knees. After equipping this cape, his fighting prowess increased significantly. Then he unleashed hell upon the skeletons. He rotated using magic and physical hacking to kill skeletons; his EXPs continued to pile up at a speeding train.

It was when he killed the 50th skeleton that he faced a hurdle. His breakneck killing speed has triggered a boss.

[Skeleton Knight Lv 15]

[HP 1000/1000][MP 100/100]

[Skills]

[Death stare: able to stun a target for 6 seconds]

[Death Slash: Deals 100 magic damage to a target]

[Bone collecting: uses scattered bones to repair it self]

“Holy shit!!” one of the eight middle-aged men shouted when they saw the appearance of the skeleton knight.

A sentiment Kenshin shared with them.

A boss tier monster has never appeared this soon. Looking at the stats of the boss; Kenshin couldn’t help but moan in despair.

[Ding* You have a new quest]

[Quest 4: Kill the skeleton knight]

[Rewards: +1 level, 1000 G]

“Are you kidding me!!” Kenshin shouted in frustration when he saw the quest window.

9