Chapter 3
8.8k 16 153
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3:LANGUAGE BARRIER

A skeleton with a rusty sword was currently finding its way to see me.  It bent its neck to look at my hiding place.

"Take this you monster!"

*clash!*

I beheaded the skeleton and all of its bones collapsed.  

Once I confirmed that it was really dead, an iron spear appeared near the skeleton's body.

[ ITEM ACQUIRED: IRON SPEAR]

I took the spear and compared it with my currently chipped sword. 

"They are both metallic so they are a good conductor for my Skill Shock. The sword is already chipped and it's going to break at any moment. I guess I will take and use this spear from now."

At the present, I'm level 5. At first, I saw many monsters but they were starting to diminish. We are inside a death game, where we compete to reach level ten by killing monsters. I guess they gained motivation because of that announcement. I'm already here for almost half a day...

Can I reach level 10 at this pace?

*kishikishi*

I heard a sound coming from bushes.  A woman appeared behind me. I raised my spear and stared at her.

"Ah, I'm sorry for the disturbance, can I ask you about something?"

"Hm?"

A group of three people stepped forward. Two females and one male. Except for the woman who looked Asian, I'm sure the other two are foreigners. Those western distinctions are clear in their appearances. White, tall, and natural blonde hair, although not all of them are blonde.

Yup, they are foreigners.

"Can I ask one thing, are you a Filipino? "

Getting vigilant, I gripped my spear harder and looked at the three in front.

"...Yes. Why? Are you a Filipina?"

The woman with an Asian face is a Filipina, I'm pretty sure... For now, I'll just study them. I'll look for anything odd or dangerous, if they have bad intentions I'll run through that large tree.

"You are right, I'm from the same country. I don't know what's the reason I've been summoned here. Oh! I forgot to state my name, I'm Miriam Poloma. Can I ask your name?"

"Mikael Tibano"

The two foreigners told their names too.

"I am Christian Moore "

"And I'm Lexis News. It's nice to meet you."

W-wait. They were foreigners, right? How could they speak Filipino fluently!? 

"Based on your expression I'm sure you find it odd too, that they can talk our language fluently. Even I received a shock when I first heard them. But my presumption is that the girl in the sky probably sets this. "

"Miriam is right, I'm an Australian but I can understand your conversation."

Christian answered.

Oh, the language barrier... was gone. What a convenient system, the only good thing about this place... Now I could talk to foreigners with no interpreter.

But first, I need to know the reason why they approached me...

"And? What do you want from me?"

Miriam stepped up and said.

"Actually we want your help."

"Help? About what?"

"You see... We spotted a cave full of goblins but..."

"Oh I see, I'm in. I'll join you."

"We're short on members so... W-wait you agreed already?"

"Of course, you need a helper, right? "

"Yes."

"I accept, where's the location?"

"West from here, 200 meters."

I need to defeat monsters. Since they said that they found a horde of monsters, goblins, then I would take their suggestion.

If any of them do something that would directly endanger my life then... Nope, I think they were good, I'm not sure but my instinct tells me that I need to follow them. Besides, they have Miriam, a Filipino like me, for now, I will trust them. If things go south, I would use my defensive Item.

.....

....

...

..

.

We are currently in front of a 3-meter tall cave entrance, the goblins' hideout. They were around 20+ and still look weak. I mean I had already killed 12 of these goblins when I'm leveling earlier.

"We are here now. Do you have a plan?"

I asked about the plan, I know that I agreed easily and followed them. Perhaps they think I'm naive because I trusted them quickly, however reaching level 10 was important than their impressions. I need to kill monsters. 

"Of course there is, we'll take the right while you take the left side" 

Wow, nice idea you have their foreign girl Lexis. You want me and Miriam to go to the left side while you and Christian would go to the right... is that all?

"What do you think?"

"... Okay fine, I'm in"

After all, I'm confident that I won't die, because I have this item. 

[ Defense Vest: automatically release a barrier whenever the user will receive a fatal attack. 

Use: 3/3]

I'm lucky that I got this. I saw a rabid rabbit and killed it. I couldn't believe that it would give me this wonderful vest. This will protect me from any life-threatening attacks three times. The moment I got this item, I immediately equipped it. It's a God-like item to me. Considering that it could save my life three times. 

Fortunately, I have this, I'll do anything to escape this death game. That's why my safety is my priority.

But seriously, they want us to take the left side. Can we do it?

While crouching and hiding under the bushes. We slowly approach the cave, then I asked about Miriam's Skill.

"Miriam can you please give me some information about your skill but if you don't want it's okay."

Miriam thought for a second before answering.

"I know you're gonna ask about it. My Awakening Skill is called Clairvoyance. I can see anything within a 75-meter radius."

"Ah okay, bird's eye view?"

"Yup, bird's eye view... Aren't you disappointed? My skill is not an offensive skill..."

She looked disturbed. Perhaps she thought that I'll be angry but... I couldn't do anything about it since we are here already... Hey, why are you shivering!? I'm not gonna hurt you.

Sigh, based on her appearance I can easily tell that she's a sheltered girl. The type who hasn't experienced any pain and suffering. Now that I'm near her, I think she's rich. She has white and smooth skin, silky hair, and currently wears branded clothes.

I coughed to catch her attention.

"Well I'm disappointed, but I can't do anything about it. The plan has already started and I can't run now besides I need to level up fast. " 

"Is that so... Do you really believe that we can escape here by reaching level 10?"

Her expression looked skeptical, she gazed at the sky, clearly thinking about something.

"Then what do you want me to do. Fall on my knees and cry? That girl with a cute voice said that we can, and for now I don't even have a choice but to believe ."

"... you are right. I'm sorry."

Christian signaled us to start. 

"I will use my Fireball to attack the cave, you know what to do if goblins try to escape."

I ready my spear and cast my Skill, Shock. This is a Skill that can kill with just a touch. Now let's do this.

Christian cast his Skill. To release his Skill he needs to concentrate and say its name, he feels like he can cast it easily like this. 

"Fireball!"

*swoosh*

When it reached the inside of the cave, we felt the explosion.

*Roar!!*

The goblins came out with ferocity.

153