Chapter 48
2.6k 10 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 48: HUNTERS CONFERENCE

October 26, 2020. Two weeks from now.  The President announced a Conference for Hunters. He said that every Hunter must attend. The Hunters who attend the Conference would be officially declared as Hunters of the country. They could enter the Portal with no restriction.  

They would receive certification and a card that would guarantee their occupation. The Conference would officially announce the Hunter Association in the Philippines. 

If you go, you would be certified and legalized as a Hunter. You could create and operate a Guild inside the country.

There were hidden agendas. However, the truth couldn't change that you would receive many benefits if you attend. 

.....

....

...

..

.

"Kuya are you going? "

Klein asked his brother, they were watching the news. 

" I bet they want something from us... What do you think?"

Mikael asked Miriam's opinion. He knew that Miriam had experience when it came to this kind of topic.

"... Yes, we're going to attend. We know that they have something in their mind but we only need to evade it. I'm sure many politicians and tycoons will move. "

Miriam had an idea about politics. Their country's politics was dirty.  Blood, money, lies, drugs, corruption, conspiracy, etc. These factors resided and revolved around the government. 

As for the tycoons, they were a group of people who loved to earn money by making others suffer. Sure, there were good and honest businessmen but the truth that all of them utilized their money to take advantage of something would not be erased.

"After this Conference. We will leave immediately. "

"But what are we going to do? Our names are listed in the top trending. The reporters will follow every movement. "

"That's why you need to follow me. Especially you, Klein, you're too young. Perhaps many will talk to you because you look easy to get. "

"Yes. I will follow everything that you say, Miss Miriam. "

"Kuku, How about me? Can Foreign Hunters be part of the Conference? "

Kyle said while he's surfing the net. 

" I believe not. Remember that you're a tourist. You are not a citizen of this country.  "

"Okay. I can't do anything about that. I guess I'll just watch it on T.V. or phone "

.....

....

...

..

.

October 26, 2020. 

The World Trade Center of the Philippines was packed with people. There were politicians and reporters.  There were many people inside, they have different features, skin color, male and female, young and old. They were the Hunters of this country. 

Over 2 thousand Hunter attended the Conference. This was a great amount. 

There were only 361 thousand Hunters in the whole world. It's a small portion compared to the 8 billion population. 

Even though there were only two thousand Hunter inside. The World Trade Center was full of people. Many cameras survey the place. They saw many big personalities inside. Big time businessmen, politicians, actors, and actresses. There were even international identities inside. The only reason they were here was to see the Hunters. 

"Kuya I'm nervous. I feel like they are Hyenas watching us like food that they're going to eat."

"Hyenas? Nope, they're vultures. I bet they want to scout us"

"Sshhh. Be quite. It will start."

Three people were wearing normal clothes and caps. They didn't want to garner attention. As for their plan, we would know if it's a success or not.

A famous host came out of the stage. He said some introduction. The host told some words and add some name to the speech.

The fight of glib tongues started.

.....

....

...

..

.

"Ah, At last, it ended. We can now go to the house. "

Klein was tired. He's 17 years old who's inexperienced with this kind of thing. The Conference made him lose energy. 

"Yup, let's go"

"Wait, there's something I need to do. I will find Jose before the others start to scout him ."

"Make it fast. The vultures are coming. "

Miriam was using her Clairvoyance to watch how the others were doing. She saw many people talking to the Hunters and enticing them to accept their offers.  

" I feel like I'm in a Job Recruitment site, however, the situation is different. The employers and employees have now reversed their position... "

"Let them be. The only one who accepts their deals is those who need money or illiterate. It's better if you're the own Boss of your job. "

"Then why did you accepted when Brother Kyle asked you? "

Klein looked at her. 

"This and that are different. If I decline his offer, I know I will die......every time I think about it I always had goosebumps"

"....."

Klein just listened to the 'always complaining Miriam'. He sighed and said.

"I hope my brother will find Sir Jose. I want to escape this place immediately. "

Miriam nodded. 

"Hello, Miss Miriam. My name is Thomas Westwood. Can we have a moment?"

They heard a voice behind them. His gaze followed Miriam. 

A handsome foreigner reached to them. He wore a stunning smile that could easily seduce any woman he meets.

.....

....

...

..

.

Mikael was walking to find his friend Jose. After some minutes he found him but people were talking to him. 

" I guess I'm late. I want to stop them but I don't want to create a scene here...."

They took Jose outside. They were now finding the right place to talk. Mikael was late and he didn't reach Jose.

".....I guess this it huh. I'll just call him later and ask about his decision. I hope he didn't sign the contract... but looks like he will. "

As if those vultures would let their prey to escape alive. They would eat all of the meat before leaving them. 

Mikael returned but... he couldn't find the two. Miriam and Klein were missing. There was no one in their location. He just left for a couple of minutes, but he couldn't see them. 

"What happened? Did someone ask them? Tch, what am I going to do now... Ah I forgot, I have a phone. "

He took his phone and called them. His little brother answered, he had an agitated voice. 

" Kuya, help us! A handsome dude wants to kidnap Miss Miriam!"

"Where are you?"

"We're in a restaurant..."

"Kidnap? Restaurant?"

Mikael questioned him. 

"Ah just go okay. Perhaps you won't see her again. Or maybe you will find her killing someone! Quick! "

"Okay, I'll go. "

Mikael found the exit. He went out and ran. He wanted to leave this place as soon as possible.  

He dashed and followed the direction that Klein gave him.

71